• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

.NET Framework error

Hellrazor

I installed the game but when I try to run it an error pops up saying:
To run this application, you must first install one of the following versions of the .NET Framework:
v.4.0.30319

I downloaded that version, uninstalled the last one, installed the new one, but still, same error.
What should I do? I've even disabled Framework 3.5 from control panel, but noting helps!
Help, please!​

ZackValoN

Hi man, I've got just the same problem. Have u found a solution? I can't still play because this damned .NET Framework gives me the same error :mad:

paramesia

if the repair crashes just follow these steps

1.go to Local Disk C/Windows/Assembly
2.Rename the Assembly Directory Folder to Assembly2
3.Use again the Repair Tool for .NETframework v4.0
4.And WOOOOLAAA!! Repair Succeded :))

ZackValoN

Guys, plz, help me and I'll thank u for the eternity. I've tried a lot of things, tools for clean all the component of .NET Framework and for repair it. But it doesn't work. When I try to open the .exe of DmC, I get that error. And if I try to add the game on Steam, it crashes before I can do anything. Please, give me help, I wanna play T__T

Hellrazor

Nothing works. I uninstalled, reinstalled, deinstalled, unistalled, repaired, updated... and still nothing!
Is there any other way?

paramesia

try to turn off Windows Firewall and your Anti Virus then
rename the Assembly directory to Assembly2 which is on LOCALDISK C/Windows.
then use the Microsoft .netframework (Standalone) tool and and click REPAIR.

ZackValoN

I can't rename the folder because i ge the error that the folder or the program opened is still working.

Balamuk

i tried it doesn't works still same error please if some one knows help us!!!we wanna plAy this

if some one finds a way please post it !

kat

i had this problem...but when i uninstalled google desktop and tried installing NET ver4 again, it succeeded...

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
I never had similar to this problem with UE, i think that Google programs can mess or take some PC resources needed for games, as I had identical crash but not in this game, rather another as It was Bioshock 2, after deleting Google Chrome from PC those problems vanished without reinstall anything.

paramesia

Guys, plz, help me and I'll thank u for the eternity. I've tried a lot of things, tools for clean all the component of .NET Framework and for repair it. But it doesn't work. When I try to open the .exe of DmC, I get that error. And if I try to add the game on Steam, it crashes before I can do anything. Please, give me help, I wanna play T__T

paramesia

That is the same error i encountered after installing DMC
do this while your Windows Firewall and AntiVirus turnOFF

1st. click Start menu then write in search box %temp%
then clear your Temp Directory Folder

2nd.GO to LOCAL DISK C./Windows
you will see the Directory named ASSEMBLY

3rd.rename that directory folder into ASSEMBLY2
after you renamed it, use the (.NETframework v4.0 Standalone) tool
then click repair.

Hope these will HELP you guys :)

ZackValoN

Nothing works. I've tried ALL. Except for renaming the folder "assembly" in "assembly2", I can't do it because I get the error that a program is curring. I'm desperate because I haven't got console and I won't play this game. Damned .Net Framework

Balamuk

Nothing works. I've tried ALL. Except for renaming the folder "assembly" in "assembly2", I can't do it because I get the error that a program is curring. I'm desperate because I haven't got console and I won't play this game. Damned .Net Framework
do what paramesia said clean temp and after u can rename to ASSEMBLY2 and open repair tool see if it works im testing it out right now

Balamuk

mye it still doesn't work i renamed it to ASSEMBLY2 repaired it and said the repair was succesfull but when i start the game i still get the same error damn it

Top Bottom