• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero's Upgraded Gameplay Mechanics (Stylish Nero Edition)

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Okay with DmC Dante having an overhaul rehash remake new control scheme of Dante and IMO its actually pretty hard to remake old Dante's control scheme without resorting to DmC gimmicks so I'll do an Nero upgrade or new control scheme that can be used for future DMC games with Nero in it. I'll do one for Trish, Lady, Lucia, & Sparda later.

Anyway....to start off Nero'c controls were very original and unique to the series but was very incomplete and didn't even use a lot of the buttons on the controller(the d-pad & the R2/RT button)..so I will come up with new functions and abilities for Nero.

Firstly...Nero has his trademark Red Queen, Blue Rose, Devil Bringer, & Yamato still plus possibly some new weapons.

Okay weapons switching....for this mechanic....I think that Nero doesn't do a common switch of weapon or uses the d-pad to switch style.....I think Nero should be set based. I felt Bayonetta used a weapon pack switch system rather than a weapon switch like switching a weapon switches her gun weapon as well(although the X/square action is still her handguns but for Nero this isn't the case). Nero's weapons should come in packs/sets. Each set is assigned a certain a gun, sword(ranged weapon), and a buster weapon. Each set also has different functions for the L2/LT button (the Exceed button).

There is Nero's well known set lets call it his Demon Buster Set (Red Queen(sword), Blue Rose(gun), & Devil Bringer(buster) + Exceed. These sets are switchable via the d-pad like Dante's style switching. Nero has about 4 (probably 5 if not 6 sets). I have the Dark Slayer Set which is Yamato, those Summoning Swords, & a Buster Sword (a summoned sword that slightly resembles Force Edge but is used with Yamato in combos like Vergil did in DMC3) + the ability to teleport/Trickster style abilities. Another new set is the Royal Queen Set which is the Crimson Queen (an upgraded or altered version of the Red Queen), Cobalt Rose (an upgraded shotgun version of the Blue Rose), and the Buster Fists (a new idea that Nero can use 2 Devil Bringer phantom fists/arms instead of one....Buster is replaced with the ability to pull off a lot of punch combos similar to Bayonetta's own phantom arms but well Nero style + in this set he can not Exceed but he does have a new and different function. There is other sets but I can't think of none right now.

Nero can switch each designated set but his Demon Buster set is his main set that is (look its complicated so I'll explain it like this..........
pad switches all sets but that one to switch out from Nero's main set to your currently selected set is to press the R2/RT button or hold it..........which sounds better??). So get it??

Then press R2/RT to switch back and mixed with the set switching function (d-pad) switching between sets seems a chore but I think anyone can get the hang of it.

Okay so the control scheme works like this.

X/square-Shoot Blue Rose, Cobalt Rose, & Summoning Swords + more)
A/x-Jump
Y/triangle-Sword (Red Queen, Crimson Queen, & Yamato + more)
B/circle-Action (Devil Bringer, Dual Buster, & Trickster Functions + more)
Left Analog stick-Move
Right Analog-Move camera
D-Pad-Switch between sets
R1/RB-Lock-on
R2/RT-Set Switch (lets call it Gear Shift...nah)
L1/LB-Devil Trigger (or Dodge hey it worked for Bayonetta & DmC)
L2/LT-Set Action (Exceed, ???, & Dual Wield + more)
*L3+R3-Devil Trigger
Select-Taunt
Start-Menu

I'll explain some stuff.

Dual Wield is for Dark Slayer Set in which holding LT/R2 and pressing Y causes Nero to use both Yamato & a Summoned Sword (in the other hand for moves) sorta like Force Edge + Yamato for Vergil and have similar moves and combos. Holding L2/LT for B turns your Trickster/Dark Slayer Style like actions into a Royal Guard Style abilities such as block or Royal Block but instead Nero's Phantasm DT protects him.

You see I think of applying Nero's old Devil Trigger and its abilities into a regular control scheme (such as using both of its arms instead of one of them or using its body to block his attacks without the need to DT almost like Nero even tamed the spirit within his arm (Yamato....Vergil...Nelo Angelo..whatever)) and replace his old DT with a new one....one that looks like Dante's DMC4 DT or one similar to Nero's original DT concept art yet his DMC4 DT Phantom still shows up in combos.

His DT has different abilities based on his current set (Dark Slayer Set makes him summons much more Summoned Swords faster and is faster, Demon Buster Set his Buster & Snatch is a Devil Buster & Devil Snatch like DMC4, & Royal Queen.........better defenses???

That is only half of the sets and one ultimate set that is like Dark Slayer Style for Dante in DMC4 but YEAH that is it.

I'm open for any feedback and opinion.

I'm still working on it....but I might change it.

crush

This is sweet dude. It is one of the possibilities of the future.
But the one thing I wanted on Nero is customizing his sword.
After all, he does build it from parts from his box.
But after Dmc2's amulets and swords I have the doubt that Capcom will fail making it.

Top Bottom