• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero's Table Hopper is Amazing.

ReverofEnola

And I would say it's a bit underrated as well (espicially when compared to Royal Release) since it doesn't really reward the player too much for performing this. Other than of course
  • Dodging the attack
  • Filling the DT gauge a bit
  • Leaving room for a counterattack
And overall just looking cool while doing it as well.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I think it's underrated cause in my opinion it doesn't offer any significant advantage over a normal well timed jump (except maybe the DT gauge fill, but you got other tools for that), while being a bit harder to execute. So most people don't even bother.

DDutchguy

DmC hype
I also have the problem of Table Hopper not offering enough to use it over a normal jump. The main reason to use it is to look quite cool, which it does well.

ReverofEnola

I also have the problem of Table Hopper not offering enough to use it over a normal jump. The main reason to use it is to look quite cool, which it does well.
On top of that of that I feel like more fans know about Dante's Royal Release (whether or not they can perform it or not) than they know about Table Hopper. Even though the execution is kind of similar despite the player not performing any sort of damage output with TH.

aoshi

Table hopper fetches style points which in the end boosts the rank.It is also useful in completing one of the secret missions (Non violent resistence).

ReverofEnola

Table hopper fetches style points which in the end boosts the rank.It is also useful in completing one of the secret missions (Non violent resistence).
THAT'S RIGHT!
You could use Table Hopper in that secret mission. I just used the snatch and grab method though...

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
It's crazy that we're still learning new tricks and techniques even to this today (well, I am!)

Never heard of Table Hopping before, no idea how they did it. Am I just teh suck?

DDutchguy

DmC hype
It's crazy that we're still learning new tricks and techniques even to this today (well, I am!)

Never heard of Table Hopping before, no idea how they did it. Am I just teh suck?

Table Hopper is an upgrade for Nero, where you get a different dodge if you time a roll right before an attack hits.

Goldsickle

One thing Table Hopper has over regular jumps or side rolls is that if timed right, you can escape from "inescapable" damage, like when you're too close to Berial's scorching wave or Dante's Omen, as seen in the video.

Top Bottom