• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero's mother and who she might be

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
She could be a summoner. It's a way to reuse V's summoning mechanics and also deepen them. 5 doesn't do the best job explaining what the summons are so this provides another opportunity.

Ideally she could be an ally of convenience for Vergil but they become something deeper.

Hopefully she'll be an interesting character.

Last edited:

Taramafor

Ideally she could be an ally of convenience for Vergil but they become something deeper.
This makes the most sense. Woman does something for Virgil. He protects her. The random female in the trailer in DMC4 doesn't give us much to go on. Red herring maybe.

Virgil said "Without strength you can not protect anything" in DMC3. Which inidicates he knows loss. Sounds like he met Nero's mother before 3. Virgil did say "That was a long time ago" in DMC5. So makes sense. Which means the woman in the DMC4 trailer looking at Virgil is either a red herring or the same person.

We don't really know of any females Virgil met before DMC3 do we? So it looks like we're at a dead end.

I can see Virgil being there for a weaker woman if they have courage. One can be weak and have courage and be willing to learn. Virgil would understand that. He's patient and understands enough to mantain self control. Somehow, for whatever reason this female is either seperated somehow or died. Both can explain what happens in DMC5.

What would be interesting is if Virgil only thinks she died and then finds out she's alive. With the demons, Virgil's lust for power and Nero then I can see a good reason for Nero's mother to have gone into hiding. Possibly even faking her death.

Work in Dante, Nero and demons hunting Nero's mother with a hunt for finding answers to Sparda and that can be DMC6.

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm hoping Nero's mom pops up in the upcoming animated series.

Giving her a role in Vergil's early life would be interesting.

I thought both the anime and 4 were duds storywise. I preferred both of the castlevania animated series to the last anime. Nocturne even feels like a better version of 4's story to me. So I'm curious what their take on those characters would be like.

The upcoming animated series feels like another reboot. It's possible we could see Nero but I'm fine with meeting his mom instead.

Last edited:

Koko

This makes the most sense. Woman does something for Virgil. He protects her. The random female in the trailer in DMC4 doesn't give us much to go on. Red herring maybe.

Virgil said "Without strength you can not protect anything" in DMC3. Which inidicates he knows loss. Sounds like he met Nero's mother before 3. Virgil did say "That was a long time ago" in DMC5. So makes sense. Which means the woman in the DMC4 trailer looking at Virgil is either a red herring or the same person.

We don't really know of any females Virgil met before DMC3 do we? So it looks like we're at a dead end.

I can see Virgil being there for a weaker woman if they have courage. One can be weak and have courage and be willing to learn. Virgil would understand that. He's patient and understands enough to mantain self control. Somehow, for whatever reason this female is either seperated somehow or died. Both can explain what happens in DMC5.

What would be interesting is if Virgil only thinks she died and then finds out she's alive. With the demons, Virgil's lust for power and Nero then I can see a good reason for Nero's mother to have gone into hiding. Possibly even faking her death.

Work in Dante, Nero and demons hunting Nero's mother with a hunt for finding answers to Sparda and that can be DMC6.

First thing's first. Virgil, even in his younger years, simply isn't the kind of person to "just have sex with anyone". This does not mean it might not have been someone he "only had minimal contact with". But there's no way in hell it was a hooker. I have a talent for reading people so I know what "personality types" are like (considering my observations are always accurate I say I have the experience). Virgil, in any DMC game, simply won't spend his time with you if you're "unworthy". He's made that VERY clear over and over. So many times. It's his whole life. It's his "creed" so to speak. What he REALLY needs is to see you being capable. He doesn't prioritise "sex". And he's very in control of himself. He controls his own urges. Get this. If anyone needed affirmation and affection more then anyone, it's Virgil. But you don't get that with "hooker". Sex and affection are not mutual. If any "stranger interaction" happened it was probably someone that knew control, managed to wrap him around her finger (if you can imagine that. Basically, Virgil will respect you outplay him. But you MUST outplay him somehow) and then things happened. But that doesn't quite add up either. Unless that person also happens to fulfil the following criteria.

Let's examine this for a moment. We know NOTHING about Nero's mother. I repeat. N-o-t-h-i-n-g. Ignore any and all rumors or "made up stories". Anything outside of the devs mouths is not to be trusted. Anything outside of the games themselves is not to be trusted. We have a BLACK person as Dante's landlord instead of a white one. Which is fine. I point this out because in the animie he was white. So ANY and ALL rumors are NOT to be trusted. Assume nothing. But consider everything.

Touching back on Virgil. I know what that kind of insanity, loss and pain is like. Especially in regards to "emotionless robot" (what Urizen represents). Let's consider how Nero treated Virgil. It's about YOU. It's about YOUR safety. It's about what YOU want (beyond mere instant gratification). Nero didn't "ask" or "get offered". He just... gave. With an ass kicking, yes, but VIRGIL'S safety. Suddenly Vergil has a reason to care. To really really care. Even Dante didn't do this. Nero never speaks of his mother. But there might be a very good reason for this.

If one person was that kind to you, simply "gave" that much to you, did everything with you, actually cared about you and was the ONLY person in your whole life... The ONLY one... Once they're gone and you have NOTHING left... You go through what Virgil did. With no one else left, with nowhere else to direct yourself, with NOTHING left, you go downhill like that. Dante bounced back over and over. But what if... What if Virgil only did that ONCE and didn't again until Nero arrived? That's going to cause much more psychological trauma between the two events. Event 1 being "The loss of Nero's mother" and event 2 being Nero himself.

Remember what Virgil said in DMC3. "Might controls everything. And without strength you can not protect anything. Let alone yourself." It means Virgil LOST something he HIGHLY values. He never got to know his mother. But a lover? A lover is a different story. Someone you chose to be with. Someone that you failed to protect when you're supposed to be more able and capable. Especially after already losing your parents. Once that happens you start seeing yourself as a failure. Blaming yourself. PUSHING yourself. IMPROVING yourself. Or trying too at least. "Power. Give me more power."

That will fuel your desire to protect. Fuel your desire to be in control. To gain more power. But without anything left to protect... You end up losing a reason too.

If just one person was that giving, that kind. Like Nero. And you lost them. You'd do everything in your power to protect what's worth having too. At ANY cost. So it really gives some food for thought into just who Nero's mother is/was. Could even be a hermit living in a swamp for all we know. To be visited by Virgil to have a long talk with at some point (after killing demons on the way of course).

I can brainstrom a bagillion ideas. But it's all speculation. And hey, the main enemy could even BE Nero's mother. For some complicated reason. Picture along the lines of when Wolverine in X-men had to stop Jean (if you don't know, he killed her himself and loves her). Imagine Virgil having to kill his girl. Or Nero even. In the most heartbreaking way imaginable. Unleashing demons from hell beyond her control and having to be stopped after begging to die. We saw Arkham being unable to control Sparda's power. But he was just a corny bad guy. But someone closer? That you don't want to kill? Now there's an idea...
First i am a new member and i do not know a lot of how to use this wepsite but there is something i am thinking about and i want to know what other think about this theory

Second english language is not my first language any spelling or grammatical errors , please ignore them

Nero's mother is one of the mysteries of the game, and I was one of the people who was very curious to know who she was and what the nature of her relationship with Virgil was.

1- what is the hidden meaning behind Nero's weapons?

There is something that caught my attention about Nero's weapons: the Red Queen for the sword and the Blue Rose for the magnum.

The color blue, as we know in the game, refers to Vergil, but why did they choose the name? The blue rose.Because the symbolism of the blue rose is mystery, secrecy, and pride, and as we know these things in Vergil’s character.

Also, Nero mentioned in the novel “Deadly Fortune“ that if the jinn did not exist, my weapon would not have been exist too . This is evidence that indicates that the gun refers to Virgil, because Virgil is a jinn, and if Virgil does not exist, then Nero does not exist in the first place. Also, blue roses do not exist in reality except by hybridization, and also Virgil is a hybrid, so he is A mixture of lance and gin.

Also one of the symblism of the blue rose is “ true love that sadly only goes one way”

I will talk about this point in details latter .

One of the things that also caught my attention is why is the magnum called the Blue Rose and the sword the Red Queen? Why not the opposite?

As Nero said before, weapons in Fortuna are something unfamiliar, strange, and foreign, and swords are familiar. Okay, let’s look at the words here a little. Weapons are something strange and foreign, and Vergil is strange and foreign to the region of Fortuna. This is also evidence that the magnum refers to Vergil and swords. It refers to Nero's mother, who is familiar in Fortuna, and she is from Fortuna. Nero also obtained this sword from the same organization that Nero's mother belongs to .

Now let's move on to the Red Queen's sword

As we noticed, Nero’s mother was wearing a red dress, but why “queen?” I think it could be that the meaning of her name is queen, or the most likely possibility is that she is from an influential family in Fortuna, as we saw. She is wearing a luxurious red dress. This indicates that her social class is excellent. She might be the daugter of the Former priest of the church "Solomon".One of the clues that lead us to think that sword refers to nero’s mother. Whene kyrie said whlie brings the sword for nero “ she yearns for your touch” here kyrie refers to sword with she as female that is clue that the sowrd refers to nero’s mother.

I searched a lot about the symbolism of the Red Queen, but I did not find much, but I found that the Red Queen was mentioned in the story of Alice in Wonderland. So what if a small part of the character of Nero’s mother was quoted from the Red Queen in the story of Alice in Wonderland? I read a title that caught my attention describing the Red Queen in Alice in Wonderland, “a trap from which few survive.”

I will talk about this in more detail later

2- Why did Nero’s mother throw Nero at the doorstep of the orphanage?

One of the strange things is why did Nero’s mother throw the child into the orphanage? There are many questions surrounding this matter. Did she throw him away because she did not want to take care of a foreign man’s child? Or was she forced to throw him away? Did she throw him to protect Nero? Or did one of her relatives take the child from her and throw him at the nearest orphanage?

What if she was the one who threw the child into the orphanage? In my personal opinion, there is no evidence that states that she was the one who threw the child. Why did i say this? I will explain now:

There is a question that always comes to my mind: If she was planning to threw the child, why did she decide to keep it in her belly? There is more than one way to abort the fetus, it can be with pills or an operation, but let us say that Fartuna is not medically advanced, but there are herbs through which you can abort the fetus. Why did she not abort the fetus from beginning before she gave birth to him and threw him away in the nearest orphanage. seems strange!

Did Nero mother protect him? from my personal opinion I don’t think ,why,I would state my point of view now:

It seems that Nero lived an almost normal life, not completely, but it is considered normal. I mean, Vergil and Dante were being chased by Mundus and he sent a lot of demons to kill them, but they could not. Nero does not seem to have been attacked by demons except for Tonio and Saigan (just kidding).

The demons that were being in Fortuna were not because of Nero, but because of the hell gates that agnus made in order to bring in demons, and also other evidence, if Mundus had known that Nero was a new child belonging to the Spards, he would have at least threatened Dante with Nero.

Was it one of her relatives who threw the child? In my personal opinion, I think that this is the most logical possibility because, as I said before, if she was planning to throw away the child, she would have abort the fetus from the beginning, but it seems that one of her relatives threw away the child after her death because he did not want to take care of the illegitimate child of a foreign man, and as is known in Fortuna, extramarital affairs. Something is unacceptable, and as I said before, Nero’s mother does not appear to be a person who comes from a normal family. Because of the family’s fear that her reputation would be tarnished, they did not bring a doctor to Nero’s mother to help her give birth. She gave birth alone. She could not bear the pain and died, and her family covered up the matter and threw the child. I think this is the closest theory. For reality

3- What is the nature of their relationship with each other?

To be honest, I did not read all the fan analysis, but I read one that I felt was logical. To be honest, I do not remember its name, but I will tell it.A woman was the daughter of a king and she admired a wise man. She deceived him and then exposed him . The moral of the story was that even the wisest man might fall into a woman’s trap.

Do you remember at the beginning when I said that they might have quoted the story of Nero’s mother from the Red Queen from Alice in Wonderland, because a description of she caught my attention: “A trap fromwhich only a few can escape.”

And you remember the second thing, the blue rose means love that is only one-sided

When we put the two meanings together, it applies to the story that I told before, a ruler’s daughter who admired a wise man. I think that Nero’s mother was a playful woman and she fell Vergil into her trap. Vergil was intersted in her, but from one side, but then he discovered that he was deceived, so he went and left, and became forgotten No Worth the effort to remember

But why am I saying this thing?

Because Vergil went and never returned, we can say that he was interested in gaining more power and then returning to her , but let us think a little about the events that happened in the manga, Vision of V. Each monster represented something griffon, representing his shock when he was defeated by his brother.
When he met a shadow, he remembered his period of servitude to Mundus, and when he was afflicted by the nightmare, he remembered when he lost his mother and brother.

Why did Nero's mother not appear in Vergil's nightmares? I mean, when he lost her, why wasn't her losing like a nightmare, like whene he lost his mother? This is evidence that she was not very, very dear, but only an admiration, and it ended from a long time ago.

When V said to Nero, “I wanted to be loved and protected, but I was lonely,” this is evidence that he never felt like a loved person.

Vergil went through many battles that made him hate his heart, and there were almost no experiences that made him love his heart. As mentioned in season Five, he separated his human part from himself in order to get rid of his heart and feelings, from which he found nothing but fatigue. There was no sweet memory related to his feelings, so he hated his heart completely. This proves that he had a bad experience with Nero's mother as well.

4- Secret love is it refers to nero’s mother ?

Most of the analyzes I have read point to the secret love being Vergil's love for Nero’s mother . But wairt a moment to look at the rest of the words surrounding this sentence “secret love”

Beyond the tree, fire burns

Secret love, bloodline yearns

Good, now you've taken a look

Go new and look at devil may cry manga vol.2 chapter 6
?And now you looked at this picture? Have you changed your mind
is meant here is Virgil's love for his brother Dante, not for Nero's mothe

One of the reasons that made Vergil get rid of his feelings is because he loves his brother, so he cannot kill him. He wants to kill him, and in order to kill him, he must get rid of his feelings.

Thank you for reading please tell me what do you think

Taramafor

I think it would make more sense for something to have happened to cause virgil and Nero's mother to get seperated in the past. With Nero stuck with Virgil as a baby.

Virgil gets struck with the baby basically. He might not consider himself a fit dad (being obsessed with power and all). This way he could leave Nero at the orphanage. It also helps further explain the phrase "That was a long time ago". If Virgil did indeed do this then he would remember. It also helps enforce the phrase of "My son means nothing to me". As if Virgil is desperate to escape the past.

Until Nero bitch slaps him at least. HA! Most amusing that.

Top Bottom