• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero vs Dante boss fights

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Nero vs Dante first fight was good. But in the 2nd boss fight, it should've had Nero facing Dante in his devil trigger form. Especially in the cutscene where Nero uses Yamato on Dante. Nero thought it got him, but Dante appears from the smoke and reveals his DT form.

After the false savior fight, Dante should've been the one to fight Nero "if" Vergil possessed Nero.

Oxymore

Kyyyyriiiiiiiiiiiiie!
Mmmh... I think it's great like it's in the game.
Dante is clearly better than Nero, but I think Yamato is a way too dangerous and Dante could have been injured, even in DT form. Not a lot, but it would have decreased this feeling of superiority.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Dante's way more powerful then Nero. Dante didn't want to hurt the kid and so he didn't go DT. TheYamato is powerful...in trained hands, but in the hands ofan amatur it's another Tensa Zangetsu (Bleach) with little threat. I'd rather have Vergil come back more noble then just possessing Nero, I mean can't their be a better way to bring Vergil back then just thinking of a fanfiction idea of him returning? (Not talking about your idea, just in general)

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I would've liked a Dante mode where you traveled around Fortuna as Dante as Nero trails showing what Dante was doing uptil he meets Nero at the HQ. Plus all Dante boss fights would turn into Nero boss fights.

Nessy

From a gameplay standpoint I think that the fight was definitely challenging enough, it's very difficult to dodge some of Dante's attacks (like the shotgun). I don't see a need to give him a passive health regen.

From a story point of view clearly they were showing us that DT wasn't necessary to defeat Nero.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Done it No Damage :).

I find the hardest boss to be the one on level 10

Level 10... Angelo Credo? Yeah, he's a pain in the ass too. I actually felt so good beating him on DMD, only to realize that the game actually dumbed his AI down a bit, so it didn't feel like a legitimate win...

Nessy

Level 10... Angelo Credo? Yeah, he's a pain in the ass too. I actually felt so good beating him on DMD, only to realize that the game actually dumbed his AI down a bit, so it didn't feel like a legitimate win...

I have no idea why I wrote level 10, since that is the Dante vs Nero fight anyway, Credo is 8.

What I meant was 6, where Nero fights against Agnus int he sword room. Annoying to do with no damage.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I have no idea why I wrote level 10, since that is the Dante vs Nero fight anyway, Credo is 8.

What I meant was 6, where Nero fights against Agnus int he sword room. Annoying to do with no damage.

Ah. Yeah. Not a hard boss, just goddamn hard to no-damage.

I think that boss is called the Containment Room, BTW.

Jamesy

I find it easier if I counter his attacks, (when he shouts'Take This!') using max-act shuffle and the max act air calibur for the 'time to die' one. The dogs are easy. i sometimes get caught by the swords (rarely) but it's the spinning blades that catch me if I ain't careful! I am on x-box so i learn to do the levels without D.t, then use the D-t to get the S scores i need for unlockables.

Top Bottom