• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero & Vergil relationship

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
If DMC5 comes, how do you picture Nero's reaction to find out he's Vergil's kid?

I bet Nero will ask questions to Dante about his brother and he was like.

He'll be like ****ed that Vergil never cared about humanity nor him.

berto

I Saw the Devil
He'll be like ****ed that Vergil never cared about humanity nor him.
In the art book it's said that Nero doesn't care about humanity, either. The only reason he has any vested interest in other humans at all is because of Kyrie. If it wasn't for her he'd be long gone.
There is also no evidence that Vergil knew that Nero even existed nor that Dante told Nero he know who his father is. Add to that that Dante suspects. He doesn't really know, either.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Probably annoyed that he's related to Dante (jokingly).

Probably curious about who vergil is and why he did the things he did.

He could be judgemental upon finding out why he did those things.

I saw nero as ichigo-lite so i just assumed he may not care about the order but he might care about people enough to get mad that vergil didnt care.

Last edited:

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Maybe in a scene once Nero gets injured from a fight and Kyrie tending to his wounds, Vergil might show up to chat about his past and how Verg' met Nero's mom and wife.

I hope the woman we saw in Vergil's opening in DMC4 is that woman. Plus when off the hood, she could be similar to Kyrie.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
It be cool if Nero's mom was the DMC version of Kat and she was still alive.

In the DMC4 light novel she was thought to be a prostitute but Sanctus comes up with that himself rather than Vergil telling him.

Granted he did the same thing about Nero being Vergil's kid but that is a theory for a whole other thread.

Given that Sanctus doesn't have all the fact (nor would he) it's easy to mess around with that.

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
There is a very strong possibility that Nero's mother is dead, otherwise she'd raised him herself.

Nero is a bit like Dante, more like him in DMC4 than anyone else, but according to the official guide he's actually rather detached from humanity and even a bit twisted, so he isn't unlike Vergil, either.

Well, I say that but I know Capcom. They don’t have the guts to make the main characters anything but stock. They’d never make Nero twisted by any stretch. He’s barely anything beyond Kyrie’s lap dog. If he wasn’t a decendant of Sparda there’d be nothing to him except being her boyfriend. It’s all he talks about, the only relationship he shows any investment in, and pretty much the only motivation to do anything at all. It doesn’t get any more stock dude in love with his girlfriend than that.

Last edited:

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
For Nero "the power of boners is stronger." But I'd bet Capcom would play it off as:

Nero: "So my father is a heartless prick huh? No one to love? What about mom? Was she just a whore to you?"

Vergil: "Love is a weakness. I have no time for such trivial things."

Nero: "Tch! I'll save Kyrie by myself."

(Nero walks away)

Dante: "He's just going through a rebellious phase."

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
For Nero "the power of boners is stronger." But I'd bet Capcom would play it off as:

Nero: "So my father is a heartless prick huh? No one to love? What about mom? Was she just a whore to you?"

Vergil: "Love is a weakness. I have no time for such trivial things."

Nero: "Tch! I'll save Kyrie by myself."

(Nero walks away)

Dante: "He's just going through a rebellious phase."

Yeah. And I picture Vergil later explain himself about his relationship with Nero's mom later, once he’s injured and being healed after a fight.

Vergil’s just hiding his true self from his son until later shows that he does care regardless of his cold attitude towards humanity.

Last edited:

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
No, Vergil was not a tsundere. That is now how that works.

Anyway. People keep talking about how Nero and Vergil will react to each other but the question I have is how will Vergil react to Trish.

I suspect when he first meets & sees Trish, he thought their mother was still alive. But when he looks into her eyes, he learns she's a clone of their mother. Yet an ally to Dante after. And he remembers she was once with Mundus.

Veloran

There is a very strong possibility that Nero's mother is dead, otherwise she'd raised him herself.
Based on the song made for DMC4SE, it's suspected that she abandoned Nero and killed herself after finding out that Vergil, and thus the "Savior" Sparda, was actually a Demon.

I suspect when he first meets & sees Trish, he thought their mother was still alive. But when he looks into her eyes, he learns she's a clone of their mother. Yet an ally to Dante after. And he remembers she was once with Mundus.
Some people think that Trish played a part in Vergil's defeat to Mundus way back at the end of DMC3.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
No, Vergil was not a tsundere. That is now how that works.

Anyway. People keep talking about how Nero and Vergil will react to each other but the question I have is how will Vergil react to Trish.

"Dante you freak, walking around with a puppet that looks like mom. If you won't slay it I will." Vergil readies his blade.

"Uptight as usual Vergil." Says Dante." Tell you what? Beat me then you can cut up Trish."

"That is fine by me."

"Don't I have any say in this?" Trish says.

"Welcome to the club."

"Ah! Who are you?"

"The name is Kat."

"And we have crossed dimensions." Dante says. "Again..."

berto

I Saw the Devil
Based on the song made for DMC4SE, it's suspected that she abandoned Nero and killed herself after finding out that Vergil, and thus the "Savior" Sparda, was actually a Demon.
Oh. What song is this?

Top Bottom