• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero is Vergil? ... Maybe?

schaik01

I know this has been talked about over and over... But I have rarely seen this theory and would like to see what everyone thinks.

So, everyone considers Nero to be vergils son or a third son of sparda, or perhaps he even harbors vergils spirit in his arm. But few have considered the possibility of Nero a actually being Vergil.

Theory:

At the end of dmc 3, vergil battles mundus. He loses and is made a puppet, nelo Angelo. I understand that Nero is too old to have been born any time after dmc3. But maybe Nero wasn't "born" technically. Perhaps when mundus defeated Vergil he split his being into two separate entities. Nero can't be vergils son because he is only 10 years younger than Dante, or if he were still around, Vergil.

Nelo Angelo: a husk as powerful as Vergil but lacking his humanity. He is shaken when he sees Dante's amulet and it reminds nelo Angelo of Eva.

Nero: vergils humanity. A younger, less powerful Vergil could have been a side effect of nelo Angelo's creation. His dt resembles nelo Angelo, again supporting the biproduct theory. Yamato reacts to its owner, neros/vergils soul. Nero shoots summoning swords which isn't something that could be passed down father to son, it is instinctual.

Anyway... I just wanted to get that theory out there... Lol

Ps it is sated that kyrie and credo raised Nero from when he was young. I don't believe it said since infancy. Please do correct me if I'm wrong on any points.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
1. Double posting is not allowed if you need to add anything to your post edit it.
2. Your theory doesn't seem very likely but anything is possible at this point.
3. I don't recall any canon statements about how old Nero was when Kyrie and Credo started taking care of him.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
I know this has been talked about over and over... But I have rarely seen this theory and would like to see what everyone thinks.

So, everyone considers Nero to be vergils son or a third son of sparda, or perhaps he even harbors vergils spirit in his arm. But few have considered the possibility of Nero a actually being Vergil.

Theory:

At the end of dmc 3, vergil battles mundus. He loses and is made a puppet, nelo Angelo. I understand that Nero is too old to have been born any time after dmc3. But maybe Nero wasn't "born" technically. Perhaps when mundus defeated Vergil he split his being into two separate entities. Nero can't be vergils son because he is only 10 years younger than Dante, or if he were still around, Vergil.

Nelo Angelo: a husk as powerful as Vergil but lacking his humanity. He is shaken when he sees Dante's amulet and it reminds nelo Angelo of Eva.

Nero: vergils humanity. A younger, less powerful Vergil could have been a side effect of nelo Angelo's creation. His dt resembles nelo Angelo, again supporting the biproduct theory. Yamato reacts to its owner, neros/vergils soul. Nero shoots summoning swords which isn't something that could be passed down father to son, it is instinctual.

Anyway... I just wanted to get that theory out there... Lol

Ps it is sated that kyrie and credo raised Nero from when he was young. I don't believe it said since infancy. Please do correct me if I'm wrong on any points.

I recall reading that Nero was left on the doorstep of Fortuna City's orphanage. That implies that he was only an infant.

The problem is, if Nero was somehow able to be born out of Vergil's death, the timeline still wouldn't make sense. Vergil was enslaved by Mundus when he was 19, right after DMC3 ends. In that case, Nero would have to be ten years old in DMC4.

I see no logical reason why a younger version of Vergil would be created out of Nero Angelo.

As for the summoned swords... maybe Dante would be able to use that attack as well, if he wished to. I mean, he can use Slash Dimension too, so why not? He actually uses a very similar attack with the Lucifer devil arm.

Zaiachi

Parasite Kitty
^ Clone probably. That's not an impossible thing.

But Nero being Vergil? Doubt it. With his romantic interest with Kyrie who is human...yeah, doubt that'd be Verge.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Its Star Wars the Clone Wars all over again!

Hold your tongue heathen

the clone troopers are awesome. "we may be one man, but we are the right man for the job".

@zaiachi- well he is made from vergil's dna raised in completely different circumstances, so mentally he is no more vergil than robin is batman.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
^ Heathen heathen!? Lol. I guess I am lol. Nero can't be a clone of Vergil cuz they don't look similar like clones typically do.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
^ Heathen heathen!? Lol. I guess I am lol. Nero can't be a clone of Vergil cuz they don't look similar like clones typically do.
Environmental factors can alter a clones appearence to the point where it does not look identical to the original so it is theoretically possible for Nero to be a clone of Vergil. It is extremely unlikely but it does make slightly more sense than Vergil having a child but if Nero was a clone he would be connected to Dante as much as Vergil ( the sons of Sparda are identical twins they have the exact same DNA. a clone of one is a clone of both.)

V's patron

be loyal to what matters

I'm playing.

it depends on logistics as in if they created nero from vergil and artificially aged him till 8 but then let him age normally till age 17. plus vergil's main differences from dante are mainly personality wise.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Darkslayer13 and Z218 know to much about cloning! Their creating clones for the Government get them!! Lol Jk
Although I like the idea of Nero being Vergil's son, a altered clone is possible. But than who cloned him?? (If he was indeed cloned?)

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Darkslayer13 and Z218 know to much about cloning! Their creating clones for the Government get them!! Lol Jk
Although I like the idea of Nero being Vergil's son, a altered clone is possible. But than who cloned him?? (If he was indeed cloned?)

I watch the show Young Justice and one of its main characters is superboy and is a clone of Superman.

His growth was accelerated as he is only 16 weeks old but has the appearance of a 16 year old.
So i applied that to nero.

Well he still could be considered Vergil's kid as Vergil's DNA was used to create him, the fangirls could rest easy as Vergil never did the naughty naughty to create him.

I'm guessing another scientist who was head researcher before agnus.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I watch the show Young Justice and one of its main characters is superboy and is a clone of Superman.

His growth was accelerated as he is only 16 weeks old but has the appearance of a 16 year old.
So i applied that to nero.

Well he still could be considered Vergil's kid as Vergil's DNA was used to create him, the fangirls could rest easy as Vergil never did the naughty naughty to create him.

I'm guessing another scientist who was head researcher before agnus.
This sounds like Metal gear now lol.

Chimera Khaos

Hades Leading General Commander
I don't know if any of you's have queried this, but do you ever think that Nero could be the good side of Vergil? The goodness left in him?
Like for example, in Silent Hill (the movie) the Alyssa girl has 3 forms, the one in the hospital bed that's severly scarred, the dark side of her which she is usually accompanied with, and Sharen, the only good left in Alyssa which is made into another version of her but they look completely the same.
It only dawned on me today that Nero could be the living good of Vergil...

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
I would never share my knowlege of cloning with the government. I need it for my plan to take over the world.

I don't know if any of you's have queried this, but do you ever think that Nero could be the good side of Vergil? The goodness left in him?
Like for example, in Silent Hill (the movie) the Alyssa girl has 3 forms, the one in the hospital bed that's severly scarred, the dark side of her which she is usually accompanied with, and Sharen, the only good left in Alyssa which is made into another version of her but they look completely the same.
It only dawned on me today that Nero could be the living good of Vergil...
It's possible but I think the good in Vergil personified would have better manners than Nero.

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
Your also forgetting that DMC3 is a prequel to DMC1, and it took place even before Dante had the Devil May Cry.
So the real changes are between DMC2 and DMC4. This is plenty of time for Nero to grow to the age he is in DMC4,
But nice theory though :D

Chimera Khaos

Hades Leading General Commander
It's possible but I think the good in Vergil personified would have better manners than Nero.[/quote]

Maybe a kid version or something?...

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Your also forgetting that DMC3 is a prequel to DMC1, and it took place even before Dante had the Devil May Cry.
So the real changes are between DMC2 and DMC4. This is plenty of time for Nero to grow to the age he is in DMC4,
But nice theory though :D

but 2 is after 4.

@orianthi- that would basically make him a clone.

Top Bottom