• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nelo Angelo vs DmC Vergil (post downfall)

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
DmC Vergil. Nelo Angelo is just a puppet who's being controlled by someone else, while DmC Vergil is evil on his own merits. Now in terms of power, I would give it to Nelo Angelo because he's had more strength from Mundus, but even so, DmC Vergil would still give him a run for his mon--

Oh, wait you mean at the beginning of Downfall? Oh, then yeah, Nelo Angelo.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Well considering Nelo Angelo is a augmented version of DMC3 Vergil with greater power I would have to give this to him.

The reason why I say he has greater power than DMC3 Vergil (who I think would beat DmC Vergil) is that he was able to fight and even gain the upper hand on DMC1 Dante who by the time of DMC1 was a MUCH improved DMC3 Dante in all fields of combat and power.

So he would trash DmC Vergil if you ask me.

A better match up would have been DMC3 Vergil vs DmC Vergil and even then I think the former would win, although not easily.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
I'm not getting the logic that is being used here about Vergil somehow being "weak" in the original canon when he became Nelo Angelo because he was being controlled by mundus.

How does that make him weak because he was being controlled?

Despite the fact that the game proves the opposite by having him beat a seasoned veteran Dante in their initial encounter.

So because DmC Vergil was not made into a puppet of this version of Mundus it somehow makes him more powerful?

Despite the obvious power difference between both canons?

I'm just not getting this...:/

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
I'm not getting the logic that is being used here about Vergil somehow being "weak" in the original canon when he became Nelo Angelo because he was being controlled by mundus.

How does that make him weak because he was being controlled?

Despite the fact that the game proves the opposite by having him beat a seasoned veteran Dante in their initial encounter.

So because DmC Vergil was not made into a puppet of this version of Mundus it somehow makes him more powerful?

Despite the obvious power difference between both canons?

I'm just not getting this...:/

if anything, shouldn't nelo angelo be stronger than DMC3 vergil?

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
if anything, shouldn't nelo angelo be stronger than DMC3 vergil?

As I said, the fact that he beat a more powerful version of Dante in DMC1 proves that he is definitely a lot stronger than he was in DMC3.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I don´t think NTVergil is that much powerful if he gets easily sucked in by MC Mundus.
Didn't he beat the crap out of the inner (real) Mundus while he was in there? All DmC Dante did was take out the outer 'shell'. It was a collaborative effort, for the most part.

Edit: Also, I'm talking about DmC Vergil after VD when he was even more powered-up than during the main campaign. Context.

DmC Vergil managed to come out of a fistfight with Mundus' true form alive while DMC3 Vergil would probably have been defeated by DMC3 Mundus even at full strength.

Also, do keep in mind that DmC Vergil took on 'Inner-Mundus' on his own without his doppelganger. After VD, he now has more power than ever. With a doppelganger, no less.

If DMC3 Vergil couldn't beat DMC3 Dante during their final battle, then I would be hard-pressed to believe that he could beat Mundus in either the DMC3 or DMC1 era.

Dante only managed to (barely) win against Mundus when he had Sparda's (and later Trish's) power. Vergil probably wouldn't be able to win against the lord of darkness on his own.

Especially since he couldn't beat DMC1 Dante in his 'DT super-charged Nelo Angelo' form during the last fight they had.

Reactions: Jak

IncarnatedDemon

So because DMC 3 Vergil would loose to DMC3Mundus, it means that Mundus isnt very powerful and DMC3Vergil is pretty weak as result of not being able to defeat DMC3Mundus who isnt very powerful?

The other perspective is:
DMC3Mundus is very strong, and that´s why DMC3Vergil lost to him.

Id go with that DMC3Vergil is pretty strong and he lost to Mundus because Mundus was stronger than him at the time, and Vergil lost because of fattigue.
He stays in same spot for many demons

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Order of Power in DMC1 Universe:

1. Dante

2. Mundus

3. Charged-up Nelo Angelo

4. Nightmare

5. Griffin

Order of Power in DMC3 Universe:

1.Mundus

Mundus was most likely in hiding; observing the whole thing in silence.

Also, he was imprisoned at the time, so the prison wasn't weak enough for him to break out of yet. He had to wait for DMC1 to be able to be "set free".

Vergil ended up in his "cage" after being defeated by Dante.

Dante never met Mundus because hell is a big place, so Mundus probably wasn't there yet. It would explain why he wasn't even aware of Dante at the time. He acts like he had never met Dante before DMC1.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Arkham

That breakdancing move caught all three of the "good guys" off-guard, and this was before obtaining Sparda's power. Dante needed Vergil's help just to take him down. And not just in the cutscene, either. You can't get close to Arkham without him grabbing you. That's why Vergil had to get up close to slash him -- Arkham was too focused on Dante to care about Vergil at the time.

3. DMC3 Dante

Dante didn't have Sparda's power yet because he only has the sword and one half of the amulet. Also, like I mentioned before, he needed Vergil's help to defeat Arkham.

Also, Dante had all of Beowulf's and Royalguard's moves at the end of the game. That, combined with Spiral, Kalina Ann (used in conjunction with the side-roll maneuver to take out Summoned Swords), and Rebellion, he had almost everything at his disposal to take out Vergil.

4. DMC3 Vergil

He couldn't beat Dante (in either DMC3 nor DMC1), and he probably couldn't beat Arkham on his own. And even at fully charged-up Nelo Angelo power levels, I don't think he could take on Mundus, either. I think it's only logical that I put him in fourth place.

5. Doppelganger (that was the last boss fight before Arkham)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:

Power Levels in DmC:

Mundus

Both brothers needed to team up just to take him down. Also, he almost ripped out Dante's heart.

Dante

Waiting for sequel for improved gameplay, moveset, and animation.

Vergil

Disappointing as a boss. He should have taken his battle with Dante more seriously.

Mundus' Spawn

Dante managed to beat him on his own, plus he had just been "born". He probably had no idea what was even going on.

Dreamrunner

Good improvement on the already badass Drekavac. Not to be messed with in droves.

Drekavac

Probably one of the few enemies I could take seriously. Especially on DMD.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Power Levels in DmC, DMC3, & DMC1

1. DMC1 Dante

2. DmC Post-VD Vergil (recently promoted to Lord of Darkness)

3. DMC1 Mundus (recently fired from Lord of Darkness position)

4. DMC1 Charged-Up Nelo Angelo

5. DmC Mundus

Both brothers needed to team up just to defeat him; also while he was considered easy to most fans, that didn't make him any less powerful.

Also, the player (DmC Dante) was only dealing with his protective outer skyscraper shell. DmC Vergil had to deal with the caramel center on the inside. That looked to have been where the real battle took place.

6. DMC3 Dante

Even with all of his power, and all six styles at his disposal, Dante would have needed help from someone else to take out DmC Mundus. It's the same reason why Dante didn't use his doppelganger in the Arkham boss fight. It would have required him to get close to DmC Mundus, and like Arkham, it just wouldn't be possible without a second real person to help him out.

7. DmC Dante

While Dante was able to punch skyscraper-sized monsters and take out Vergil without breaking a sweat, the fact that DmC 'Post-Downfall' Vergil had recently gained a monstrous load of power put him in a place that's much higher than DmC Dante, when it comes to pure strength alone.

8. DMC3 Vergil

DMC3 Vergil is fast, strong, and aggressive. However, against DmC Dante's Quicksilver DT and 8-weapon moveset, he barely loses to him in terms of power levels.

9. DmC Vergil

Yeah. He may have taken out Mundus, but he needed Dante's help in doing so. Also, he wasn't aggressive enough as a boss. Hopefully, this will be improved in the sequel with a revamped Dante Must Die mode.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Vergil lost because of fattigue.
Meh, he'd still gonna get f*cked even he is in his top condition.

It's not that that he is weak. He is still pretty strong but he loses diversity and accuracy in terms of technique than when he is Vergil.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I am siding towards nelo for strength and brute force but post vdf vergil has powered up a good bit and has a doppleganger so he may not beat nelo on his own but him and his doppleganger in demon mode against nelo I would say they might have a chance or it could be a draw but I am leaning towards nelo for the overall win if its one on one

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
Nelo Angelo would win, mainly because his the most proeminent Dante opponent in DMC, Mundus being at the top of the list.

Railazel

Am I the only person who's taking into account that we don't know what Corrupted Vergil's (that's what I'm calling him) powers and limits are? I mean we don't know whether he actually got a power boost or just went through a cosmetic change. I say we wait until DmC 2 to say for certain that he gained any power.

On that note, just because Old Vergil got beaten up and controlled by Mundus (who, may I remind you, was god-like) doesn't make him weaker than his reboot who got captured by the less powerful reboot (who, may I remind you, depended on a Hell Gate for power and practically lost most of it when it was destroyed).

Top Bottom