• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

need tips w/ chimeras

JeanAlex22

hi guys i'm new to the forums BTW

need some major tips when fighting chimeras in DMD mode, I'm having some trouble w/ both Nero and Dante

YoshiExcel

Not too sure exactly which baddies they are, but i think theyre the ones with the blades that swing around wildly every few seconds? Annoying.. lol. anyways, best advice is to kinda take your time with them, dont rush in too much. Charge shot 3 with Nero, and Charged shots with Dante work wonders. just be sure to be on the lookout for their spin attacks. after they swing their blades around, you have about a couple seconds to inflict some melee damage. then wait again. hope this helps

JeanAlex22

^
^
^
^
yup ur ryt, they are those annoying demons

the scarecrow chimeras aren't really that much of a problem compared to the assault chimeras

but you said take my time, w/c is somewhat true however i can't do the same in BP

as of now the best solutions i got are these

Nero: charged shots, ex-streak
Dante: coyote-A, kick 13, overdrive, quick drive

anyone got better solutions?

sorry, compared to most guys here, i'm barely considered an average devil hunter

SkyGemini

S'All over but the Crying
JeanAlex22;185689 said:
^
^
^
^
yup ur ryt, they are those annoying demons

the scarecrow chimeras aren't really that much of a problem compared to the assault chimeras

but you said take my time, w/c is somewhat true however i can't do the same in BP

as of now the best solutions i got are these

Nero: charged shots, ex-streak
Dante: coyote-A, kick 13, overdrive, quick drive

anyone got better solutions?

sorry, compared to most guys here, i'm barely considered an average devil hunter

Yeah, those chimera-assaults are ridiculous because they jump, tunnel, swarm and attack off-camera, they pretty much do it all..and then you have to watch out for the blades!

You've pretty much got what you need to do, just dodge alot, charged shot & for those few split seconds when they're down, rush 'em! Nero can grab & slam, but then you have to watch out for the others, Gilgamesh works good with Dante, but then again, you have to watch out for the others & try not to let them bunch up on you. If you made it to BP, you can't be too bad, btw...

Sorry, not much help, I know...but good luck anyway!

Crimson Devil

Swordsmaster
I hope I'm not too late and I hope I can help...

For me, the easiest way to kill chimeras is shooting them with a strong gun while very close, when u do that, u'll see their blade-like arms kinda "dead", they wont spin for a few seconds.
With dante try using that stinger attack with the shotgun or charged shots very close to them, when u realize the blades are "down", slash it like there is no tomorrow. Pandora works really good too, mainly if u have disaster gauge full.
With nero, charge shots with DT works good and slash while the blades are not spinning.

Top Bottom