• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

need help and suggestion

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
hey ya, what do you call a japanese traditional music with them sakuhachi, koto or samisen in it? or do we call it just japanese traditional music?

and any suggestion on the artist and or maybe the title? i'm particularly looking for the peaceful easy listening calming ones that you might find when playing certain ps1 games, maybe something like this :

and if you can, this other kind of music, don't know exactly what kind, fusion jazz something something maybe.. can you guys help suggest the artist or a game soundtrack like this one? and preferably of japanese..

Viper

Premium
I went to wikipedia and traditional Japanese music covers too many things to list, so here is the link:
click me click me

My best advice is to try some of this stuff in google or youtube, something is bound to pop up.

EDIT: After doing some search myself, it seems nagauta music is the closest to what you are looking for, though I don't think it's as much of a pleasant listening as your game example.

Last edited:

absolitude

I went to wikipedia and traditional Japanese music covers too many things to list, so here is the link:
click me click me

My best advice is to try some of this stuff in google or youtube, something is bound to pop up.

EDIT: After doing some search myself, it seems nagauta music is the closest to what you are looking for, though I don't think it's as much of a pleasant listening as your game example.

oh, oh, thx so much, that's a good place to start, you were right tho, nagauta is really close to what i'm searching for, just gonna look up the instrumental and the more easy listening version of them..

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Kinda late to this discussion but if you're looking for music with traditional Japanese instruments in it, then 民謡 (Folk Music) is probably your best bet, though each region of Japan has its own distinct style before unification.

Give this a listen to and let me know if it's what you're after.

absolitude

Kinda late to this discussion but if you're looking for music with traditional Japanese instruments in it, then 民謡 (Folk Music) is probably your best bet, though each region of Japan has its own distinct style before unification.

Give this a listen to and let me know if it's what you're after.

unfortunately it's not, but i do love the vocal character in it, enka was it called? it shares the likeness of the japanase band go!go!7188, which some of the songs i liked..

thx anyway blackquill, and there's never too late to help in a discussion, :) .. btw, i ended up browsing some games hoping i would find them..

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
unfortunately it's not, but i do love the vocal character in it, enka was it called? it shares the likeness of the japanase band go!go!7188, which some of the songs i liked..
Ah no, Enka is something separate.

Sorry I couldn't be of much help.

Top Bottom