• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Name Help!

Daring Dylan

This is all we got now.
So, everyone, I was wondering if you could help me with a little something for my novel I'm going to be starting soon. I have the plot set up and character names already picked out, but I need help thinking of a names for cities and animals. And since I suck with names (it took me forever to pick out names for secondary characters, and that was with a baby name website open), I thought I could ask you guys for help.

So, the story takes place in the future, but it's not the future how we imagine it will be like. Flying cars, robots, etc. Instead it's run down, like slums. So I don't need a cool, futuristic name for it. The animals, however, need more futuristic names, since they're almost as smart as humans (possibly even smarter) due to genetic engineering that took place a few hundred years ago (in the stories timeline).

If this is asking too much, I'll probably do something with anagrams to pick out names for things. And if you want to know the plot, send me a visitor message.

Thanks, guys!

Meg

This may sound really lame, but when I can't think of good names I close my eyes and hit a bunch of random keys. Then I try to find what resembles a name inside all of the n fjkgbdfkjvb sKJbvjhszv zjdfnb

Daring Dylan

This is all we got now.
I haven't decided what they're gonna look, yet. I'm still in the planning stages. But the city looks like it's a slum. If that helps.

Daring Dylan

This is all we got now.
DreadnoughtDT;222759 said:
Okay, how about this?

"Relic City: Lia Fail". You say it Lie-ah Fah-eel.
Loves it! Thanks, DT. I'll go ahead and post what the animals look like once I got it figured out (and hell, I might even come up with names for them). Thanks again, d00d.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
What type of genetic engineered animals are we talking here? Are they a threat to humanity? Sort of like a new race that's taking over? Or is it just like...evil cats in their true form?

Daring Dylan

This is all we got now.
^ Still not entirely sure. The plots a bit fuzzy as it is, so I'm working on names as I develop everything.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
for animals you will need a scientific name as well as a normal one. for a scientific name all you have to do is pick find the defining trait for the general catagory it is in and another trait that defines it within that catagory. and find the latan words for those two traits.

the commonly used name can be based off the scientific name or just based on a distinctive trait of the animal.

Top Bottom