• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

MY TOP 10 MOVIES OF 2013!

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
So, I'm a film freak. I love watching movies and after every year I bother to make a list of the top 10 best films I've seen in 2013. Without further ado, here is my list from 10 to 1 with also a little explanation as to why.

10. MANIAC
Maniac_(2012_film).jpg

-
Elijah Wood stars in a remake of an older horror flick that's also quite obscure and it turns out better than expected. Elijah Wood is one creepy dude to begin with and as the serial killer he puts on one killer performance. (pun intended) Now while this movie left some people divisive because of its unique approach to filming (it's shot entirely through the perspective of Wood's character) I was one of the people who enjoyed that part and felt like it was interesting. People have been describing this film as the Drive of horror flicks and well, I loved Drive. As a horror fan I give it a recommendation and since it stuck with me that's why it's number 10.

9. KICKASS 2
kickass2.jpg

-
I was really impressed by the first KickAss flick as it's actually one of the film adaptions that's even better than the original comic book source material. KickAss 2 makes that 2 for 2 as the sequel is still just as fun, violent, and also still better than its comic book counterpart. (which I still enjoy mind you) Chloe Grace Mortez still rocks as Hit-Girl and an also almost nearly unrecognizable at first Jim Carrey as Colonel Stars and Stripes really makes this sequel kick just as much a$$ as the first. Here's hoping part 3 keeps up the tradition and we will have one of the best comic book movie trilogies for the cinema history books.

8.The Conjuring
MV5BMTM3NjA1NDMyMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDQzNDMzOQ@@._V1_SX214_.jpg

-
Good mainstream horror flicks are few and far between these days. The Conjuring is one of them. From James Wan, the creator of the Saw franchise, this is a far cry from the gruesome legacy of Jigsaw he created. A straight up haunted house flick that knows how to be a horror flick. A shame these don't get made enough anymore. If you're a horror fan then you should do yourself a favor and pick up The Conjuring.

7.EVIL DEAD
220px-EvilDead2013Poster.jpg

-
Ok, I am a MASSIVE Evil Dead fan. The original movies by Sam Raimi are some of my favorite films of all time. I at first was skeptical about them remaking it but, after knowing Raimi and Bruce were still on board, I slept more soundly at night and was treated to an awesome remake! This is how you remake a movie. The Evil Dead remake is everything Evil Dead should be without just being a carbon copy of the original. Bloody, gory, and totally fun. This is one movie that any Evil Dead fan should have in their collection. It's GROOVY.

6.You're Next
youre_next-300x336.jpg

-
This one kind of came out of left field. I wasn't expecting much but damn did I come out pleasantly surprised. You're Next is proof that even if you use typical horror movie ideas, you can still make a good movie by just making a good movie. It's a home invasion flick that is also very realistic. You don't have characters making dumb decisions and getting killed because of it. The fight back to survive is believable and it definitely entertaining. The main girl is a total badass. Also throwing in some nice story elements to keep it interesting, this movie is better than it has any right to be. You're Next was awesome and you should put it next on your watch list.

5. Captain Phillips
images

-
Based on a true story about a ship that gets attacked by Somali pirates, Tom Hanks stars in this thrilling and suspenseful film that I left loving. Tom Hanks as Richard Phillips gives one fantastic performance that will surely get him nominated (and possibly winning) an Oscar this year. It'd be crazy if he doesn't. The guy who plays the leader of the pirates also delivers a great performance. This movie was intense and keeps you glued to it all the way through. Great film and definitely deserving on my best list.

4. Gravity
gravity_2013_movie-1366x768.jpg

-What has been said about Gravity other than it's awesome? It totally is awesome. The movie that's purpose is to instill fear of space in young children and Sandra Bullock, Gravity is one crazy and wild ride. You know what it's about. After debris from a satellite strikes and leaves two astronauts floating adrift in Earth's orbit, they have to find a way to survive and make it back home. This movie I consider a horror movie and a damn good one. If you haven't seen Gravity yet.....are you nuts? WATCH IT!!!!!!

3. 12 Years A Slave
12-years-a-slave-movie-poster-fox.jpg

-
Man, was this a great one. The true story of a free man abducted and sold in to slavery is a powerful yet brutal tale that may be hard to watch for some but, that doesn't mean it isn't worth watching. Yes this movie does indeed shine a very brutal and realistic light on a sin of America's past. The performances all around are also fantastic. Chiwetel Ejifor leads the film with Oscar worthy acting talent and Michael Fassenbender will make damn sure you hate him. Seriously, this will probably win best picture of the year and for good reason. It will give you feels. No, I'm not crying, it's liquid pride. :'(

2.Frozen
Frozen_(2013_film)_poster.jpg

-
Disney is back! I love love love love LOVED THIS MOVIE! This one surprised the hell outta me. Disney's return to form is not only nostalgic but refreshing an an evolutionary step in how they can tell these fairy tale stories for the new generation. With fantastic songs, characters, and animations, Frozen has all the right stuff to stand next to the Disney classics like The Little Mermaid, Beauty and The Beast, and Mulan. The more I think about it, the more I love it. Everyone should see and love Frozen.

And my number 1 movie of 2013 is............

1.Pacific Rim
images

-Of course it's Pacific Rim. I don't remember the last time I've been in the theater with such a goofy smile on my face. It's parts of my childhood now finally realized on the big screen and IT'S AWESOME. I saw this movie 3 times in theaters. 3 FREAKING TIMES! It was just so much fun. It's been so long that we got just a fun original movie to hit theaters that also isn't trying to remind us what's on the news. It knows you're here to watch giant mechs fighting giant monsters like a cool cartoon and Pacific Rim treats you right. This movie was just a freaking blast and still is which is why it secures my number 1 spot for best movies of 2013.

So, what are your best movies of the year?
:thumbsup:

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
I ****ing agree with Pacific Rim,
I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THAT MOVIE IN THE THEATERS
My friend and I had to walk out to use the restroom, and we were shaking the whole time like "That...was the best thing ever."

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
Honestly I didn't go to see very many movies this year but out of the ones i saw Frozen was definitely my favorite such a good movie

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
1: Pacific Rim
2: Frozen
3: Evil Dead
4: This Is the End
5: The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
6: The Wolverine
7: Iron Man 3
8: Riddick
9: Carrie