• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

My Thoughts On Bioshock Infinite (Comic)

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
You pretty much nailed all the issues I had with Infinite as it took away gameplay aspects from the previous games instead of adding more.

Goldsickle

I'm really not liking this current generation where shallow gameplay is overlooked for "art direction" and "narrative".

That's like a poorly baked sponge cake getting good reviews because it was covered in thick icing and decoration.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Got to say, while I had a good time with Infinite, there's something missing...and I don't just mean what was in the comic that you linked. There's just something about Rapture that I love, it's dark, it's messed up...I just don't think Columbia got to the same level.

Also, I wonder why there were no splicer-like people in Columbia. They have a Columbia fair where they are showing off the power of vigors and wanting people to use them, heck, they even have free samples of posession vigor, but no one is using them much or being deformed by them. The most we have is fireman guy, crow man and Cornelius Slate. I would have thought there would be other vigor junkies in Columbia.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Got to say, while I had a good time with Infinite, there's something missing...and I don't just mean what was in the comic that you linked. There's just something about Rapture that I love, it's dark, it's messed up...I just don't think Columbia got to the same level.

Also, I wonder why there were no splicer-like people in Columbia. They have a Columbia fair where they are showing off the power of vigors and wanting people to use them, heck, they even have free samples of posession vigor, but no one is using them much or being deformed by them. The most we have is fireman guy, crow man and Cornelius Slate. I would have thought there would be other vigor junkies in Columbia.

The thing is Comstock and Fink lack Ryan's belief in free enterprise so Vigors aren't gonna be for public consumption. They dont seem habit forming and the ones at the fair are probably short samples, intended for a single use etc.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
*SPOILER*

Speaking of which, those same vigors are based on the very same plasmids that exists in Rapture. Fink stole/saw the recipe of plasmids through a Tear. Same goes for the Songbird which is based on Big Daddy and etc.

"These holes have shown me yet another wonder, though I’ve yet to see the application for it. They illuminate a merger of machine and man that is somehow the lesser, yet the greater, of both parties. The process seems to be irreversible. Perhaps, though, Comstock will have some need of this kind of thing to keep watch in that tower he is building."
http://bioshock.wikia.com/wiki/A_Child_Needs_a_Protector

Goldsickle

The thing is Comstock and Fink lack Ryan's belief in free enterprise so Vigors aren't gonna be for public consumption. They dont seem habit forming and the ones at the fair are probably short samples, intended for a single use etc.
You can only use Bucking Bronco for that carnival game, so it's a one-time sample

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I disagree with the one ending complaint since we already see the bad ending, its liz tearing up New york in 1984.

Top Bottom