• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

My DMC film idea - what do you think?

Frazz

General gamer
My idea:

The film opens immediately with a house on fire - it is the house of Dante and Trish. The front of the house falls down showing a single figure and once zoomed in has the face of the actor playing Dante's child being normal while the rest of his body is a bloody mess with the top layer of flesh burned off. He is a teen (bout 16) and he runs off after watching in fear as his hand and body regenerates. He goes to a friends house asking her to protect him and she agrees but then she goes to sleep after a converation where Tony Redgrave jr (as he later calls himself) states how scared he is of dying. Tony then goes out for fresh air and DmC style is lifted into the air after his human and demon blood fuse to make him more powerful and he becomes more muscular as a result. After getting up after falling from the air a man emerges from the trees and shoots him in the head with a shotgun. Tony hasn't been shot in the head before and so falls unconscious and is found by his friend and burie. The cemetary guy is a demon who attacks him after he gets out of is coffin and is eventually impaled on a spade. Tony then throughout the film kills generals of an elusive demon. His friend is revealed to be that demon and in a final confrontation he manages to cleanse her soul after defeating her and she forgets every evil thought and Tony recruits her like Dante recruited Trish!

So... What did you guys think? Be honest please! :)

Frazz

General gamer
A more detailed description is needed to say anything signifigant about the quality of your idea. All I can really say from that short description is that it doesn't seem like a bad idea for a movie.
Thanks! Yeah I wanted to post more but I felt that people wouldn't read all of it! :) Thanks again!! :D

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
im not sure it would be a good idea to do a film about Dante's kid when audiences haven't been introduced to him but legacy characters are tough regardless.

trying making him stand out more as a character and not be as reminiscent of Dante. He should be his own character, not Dante-lite.

Frazz

General gamer
im not sure it would be a good idea to do a film about Dante's kid when audiences haven't been introduced to him but legacy characters are tough regardless.

trying making him stand out more as a character and not be as reminiscent of Dante. He should be his own character, not Dante-lite.
Very true! I felt though that Dante's story would be told throughout the story but in a way that isn't patronising for the fans!! Yeah this character would be different to Dante as he would be more aggressive to begin with and would become less aggressive and slightly more laid back but not Dante kind of laid back :) thanks for the criticism!

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Very true! I felt though that Dante's story would be told throughout the story but in a way that isn't patronising for the fans!! Yeah this character would be different to Dante as he would be more aggressive to begin with and would become less aggressive and slightly more laid back but not Dante kind of laid back :) thanks for the criticism!
Also look at Nero and figure out why he didn't work for people. he is the other character your guy would be compared to so its important you avoid mistakes.

kryptoknight

An okay concept with both strong and week points. The story would need to explain why this guy shoots dante in the face. In my openion, a story about young Dante wouldn't be thuroghly interesting anyways. I like that it's an original story and not trying to cram the games into a movie format. However, your core concepts need work.

Frazz

General gamer
An okay concept with both strong and week points. The story would need to explain why this guy shoots dante in the face. In my openion, a story about young Dante wouldn't be thuroghly interesting anyways. I like that it's an original story and not trying to cram the games into a movie format. However, your core concepts need work.
Thanks for the constructive criticism! :) Yeah i considered editing this thread but I can't be bothered yet as I got a lot of work :( I also considered having Dante as the main char but the most of the fanbase would go mad at any actor playing Dante asides from Reuben!

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
it was actaully pretty good except for a few parts instead of Tony Redgrave Jr. scratch out the Jr. also at the end Dante never recreated Trish she just started to have feelings for him so Tonys friend could relize what she had been doing help Tony kill the big boss and also maybe go into detail about what happened to trish and dante also would Tony have any of dante's old weapons

Frazz

General gamer
it was actaully pretty good except for a few parts instead of Tony Redgrave Jr. scratch out the Jr. also at the end Dante never recreated Trish she just started to have feelings for him so Tonys friend could relize what she had been doing help Tony kill the big boss and also maybe go into detail about what happened to trish and dante also would Tony have any of dante's old weapons
Thank you very much for the positive(ness) and the criticicsm! :)

YamatoWielder

Protector of Mankind
For the stunt team of the DMC movie, they could hire the group who did the stunt work for DMC3 and DMC4. Or better yet... the stunt group who did GARO.

YamatoWielder

Protector of Mankind
That is exactly what they should do! That would make the film infallible!! :)

Indeed. :D

BTW, I'm a tokusatsu fan, who loves to watch Kamen Rider, Sentai, Power Rangers, etc. What made me caught my interest and became a fan of completely is none other than GARO. It has a simple story but it has awesome fight scenes and special effects. We all know that Reuben Langdon, Daniel Southworth, and Johnny Yong Bosch are involved in the Power Rangers franchise, but guys like Makoto Yokoyama and Akihiro Noguchi also worked in GARO as action directors. And they ARE Power Rangers directors.

Oh, Mark Musashi is a BOSS. You'll love him.

Top Bottom