• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

My Dissidia Replays!

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Might as well plug one of mine while this thread is around. :lol:

Level 100 Cloud vs Level 100 Sephiroth, quite a...Erm, difficult fight.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hdq-zbdcEIY

You don't fight like most Squalls I've played against, that is, you don't just SPAM the everloving crap out of Beat Fang, which I like, but I can tell you where you went wrong though, you should've initiated the chase sequence against Zidane at 1:23, if you did,I guarantee you would've broken him and picked up the 6k Brave Points you needed to finish him off in Ex Mode, but that was just an unlucky turn you had there.

Also, dunno if this will be helpful to you or not, but when you go into Ex Mode, focus on relentless Bravery Attacks, the 100% critical rate makes short work of their Brave points, if you break them in Ex Mode and still have enough time to land an Ex Burst, great, but if not, you can still do a respectable 5-6k damage after you end Ex Mode.

I'll watch your Zidane vs Squall one a bit later, it's not loading very well for me right now.

Tell me what you think of my fight with Sephy. :p

aka958

Don't trust people
I like variety and i rather try to change my moves and that sometimes lead me to the wrong places (rough divide in the beginning right into the black hole) . Also i hate chase and i already knew the end results, i try to use bravery hits and the AI dodges perfectly as usual.

Your fight with sephy was great, i'm not using cloud that very much but i didn't see so many ground combos, no finishing touch, no cross slash and no braver moves. That is no minus but i just wanted to say that.

Here is one i tried with Sephiroth vs Squall, i like it but it was long time since i played Sephiroth and forgot my setup. Still i like how i dodged Rough Divide with a Hells gate and then hit him with the same attack at 2:18 .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIVMgqE09ZM

Ember To Inferno

Eternal Rest
Hey, they are not bad XD lol. However if you REALLY want a challenge, do the Blackjack course and fight some of those Level 150's >.> I used to play this game too much so the Level 105 AI's were starting to get too easy with my Jecht =P lol. And requests? umm...Squall vs Cloud? =P

I posted a vid long ago of me being Squall and dominating Cloud XDDDD Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFKHmW7gDqo

I was more or less sitting back and taking it easy.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
aka958;199567 said:
Your fight with sephy was great, i'm not using cloud that very much but i didn't see so many ground combos, no finishing touch, no cross slash and no braver moves. That is no minus but i just wanted to say that.

I've never really been much for ground combos, I always find it's so much easier, and fast paced, to fight it out in the air whenever possible, I also don't like using Braver, I feel it's far too cheap a move and it usually counts for an easy victory, I prefer my set up of a few decent bravery attacks coupled with Omnislash V5, I know I have Finishing Touch there somewhere, but I rarely use it.

I think I had Meteorain equipped too, but again, didn't use it, my fighting style largely revolves around hounding my enemy with bravery attacks as much as possible, moving to break them and then hitting them out with one big finisher.

If that's not possible and I get broken first, as I did in that video, I make a move to any Ex-Cores I see and abuse the hell out of Riposte after a guard to make up for lost bravery, then, when I get Ex Mode up, I move in for a brave break, open up with a normal attack and follow it up with the Ex Burst.

Works brilliantly with Cloud, and it looks awesome following up the Omnislash V5 with the Omnislash Ex Burst, I rarely lose a fight doing it. :p

aka958

Don't trust people
That's great! I could do a Squall vs Cloud but all my three first videos have contained Squall so maybe a little later.

Credo, your saying you do not like ground combos and don't use braver with Cloud? That lefts out just three attacks all the time (and Omnislash), doesn't it get boring? If i play Cloud i use Firaga quite alot as a punishing move and that usually breaks my enemies instant beacuse of Riposte.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Well, I don't find it boring largely because my playstyle revolves around aerial confrontation, for instance, not only do I have no ground attacks on Cloud, I also have no ground attacks on Kuja and Sephiroth, see, it gives me a degree of flexibility, where I don't have ground attacks, I can generate a nice load-out of aerial abilities, as well as having extra space for passive abilities.

For instance, if I were to take ground attacks, I'd loose out on my Snooze & Loose ability, as well as a fair few other extras like my personal favourite, riposte.

At the very least I have the most basic ground Brave combo equipped, in the fight ever does go to the ground, but because I've mastered all the moves, it only costs me about 5AP.
Still, as I said, I don't find it boring because it's my preferred playing style, I love aerial battles because, again as I said, I find the action becomes much more fast paced and intense.

And if I want to play a ground fighter and kick some major ass at the same time, I have Gabranth to fall back on, my personal best is a 3 minute win against a Very High, level 115 Chaos, one minute for each stage.
For some reason, I only enjoy ground battles when I'm using Gabranth.

EDIT: Took a look at your Sephy vs Squall video, very nice use of Heartless Angel there, the Scintilla dodge made me laugh too. :p

aka958

Don't trust people
Scintilla dodge? i don't remember any... You mean when i dodged Rough divide with a Hells gate?

I use mostly many attacks and i don't like bonuses as extra crits if i can't use it with all the attacks i use. I think Dissidia is so limited in attacks that i have to take all it has to offer. With Gabranth you do not need any riposte or counterattack, all you need is EX critical boost for a 100% crit chance. Gabranth was one of my favorites to play with for a whole month, not so many characters keeps me so busy.

I had a only air Kuja and Ultimecia but then i wanted just some starting ground combos to start everything up. But Ultimecia had exact same attacks both ground and air so it didn't matter for me with the ground attacks, she is my only character which has only air combos.

Top Bottom