• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Music

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
What are you listening too, who's the greatest band ever,the best song you've ever heard, the best musician, music today, etc; discuss music.

from me:
i'll keep it brief for now. the best song i have ever heard is a well known bob dylan track.

it's catchy, clever, simple (musically), and lyrical genius.

no wonder why it's a song my grandparents would have in common with me.

[youtube]DoMzzXMUof8[/youtube]

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Radiohead have always been my favourite band. I remember buying The Bends when I was 14 and it still stands as my number one album ever. My favourite song was 'Street Spirit' - nice and depressing! However my other favourite song was 'Build me up Buttercup' by The Foundations - cuz it reminded me of good times with my friends. So I had a depressing and happy smiley song as my faves. (That sort of reflects my personality - one minute I'm a despressed bitch, then I'm all happy smiley again!)

I don't really have a favourite song these days?!
My other fave bands are -

30 Seconds to Mars :wub: (ive met them 4 times - nice guys :D)
Muse (not so much their recent album tho :( I used to worship them!)
Foo Fighters (consistently brilliant)
Rammstein (I love listening to them on my IPod loud when on a train - drowns out all the people around me!)
My Chemical Romance (seeing them live again this month I can't wait!)
Linkin Park (still dunno what to think of thier new album tho)
Metallica (just mentioned them for my growing up with them)
Ive seen all of the above bands live at least once. I :wub: going to gigs.

I'm sure there's more I can't think at the moment.
Cheez - My Dad loves Bob Dylan - thats a good song. :)

Dante'sgirl

Forever For Dante
My favorite western bands are Linkin Park, Bullets for my valentine their sound is just unique. I have a huge crush for Cranberries, Backstreet Boys, Aha, Black eyed Peas and Rascal Flatts...these bands are among those which leave you with good impressions.

I love Marylyn Manson's 'Sweet Dreams'...I find it cool.
I love good western solo artists also like Dido, Lady GaGa, Avril Lavigne, Bruno Mars(Just the way you are),Justin Timberlake, Ricky Martin, James Brown, Michael Jackson...A Long list:D

I also Love Korean Pop...My favorite Bands are MBLAQ, SHINee, UKISS, DBSK, Super Junior, 2PM, T-max, Mighty Mouse, SS501, KARA, SNSD
Korean Solo Artist: Rain Bi, Jay Park, Gummy, Seven...
KPop songs on my Ipod are SHINee-Ring Ding Dong, Electric Heart, Lucifer...
MBLAQ: Oh Yeah, Y...
Rain:wub:: Escape the sun, Im Coming, HipSong, Its Raining, Sad Tango, Rainism
SS501: Because I am stupid(I love this song soooo much), A song calling for you, Love ya, Im your man, please be nice to me, Bye Bye, Love like this.

KPop really seduces me...I can say that even the ring tone on my mobile is from a Korean Band MBLAQ(oh yeah)...I can't imagine my life without KPop!! Always tagging friends on FB upon those korean Idols and supporting them online makes me feel that my love for KPop keeps getting deeper and bigger.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I've been listening to Jason Mraz and Owl City quite a lot lately. I think it's just the upbeat songs that attracts me atm.

Oh, and Linkin Park. I'm walking down the aisle on one of their songs for my wedding. Oh yeah, I am, and it is beautiful, PLUS half the people in my family won't know it's a rock-scream-your-lungs-out band that composed it. It's the intro to Crawling. We're also thinking of mixing that intro with a theme song from The Matrix.

Greatest band ever - difficult to say for me. There has been good bands that have reared their heads from time to time, and they all have made history in the music industry, so I can't name one specific band.

Best song I've ever heard... La Bamba. It just stuck with me through the years and I still love it.

The best musician imo is Gareth Gates *is shot* because he stutters. I don't need to go into this because everyone watched Pop Idol back then, I think.

Also a really good band to see live is Bon Jovi. Even if you're not such a fan of their music, they're AWESOME live, and the atmosphere at their concerts are electrifying.

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
Ebony;298887 said:
Radiohead have always been my favourite band. I remember buying The Bends when I was 14 and it still stands as my number one album ever. My favourite song was 'Street Spirit' - nice and depressing!
hands down the best band currently playing. i'm sad to say i haven't seen them live, but i hear they're phenomenal. own all their albums (except pablo honey).

the other band who i can personally confirm as incredible live is the hives. the amount of energy they bring to the stage, and how excited the audience gets is something worth experiencing.
[youtube]1Utb5V048Kw[/youtube]

Ebony;298887 said:
Cheez - My Dad loves Bob Dylan - thats a good song. :)

bob dylan is fantastic. his only flaw, i'd say, is how he sang when he was younger. now that he's older i like it, but going back and hearing some of his recordings from the 50's and 60's is pretty much unbearable. :lol:

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
I've seen Radiohead live - I think it was around 2003 - they were fantastic, Thom Yorke is just fantastic! The Hives are good too.

Bob Dylan.....yeah I remember my dad listening to his more random stuff and thinking WTF? lol.

Well...

Nirvana (my first love, Kurt is just brilliant).
RHCP have been my favourite some time ago.
I love Radiohead too, Coldplay(calming songs) and The Pixies.
Bullet for my Valentine and My Chemical Romance are my favorites today.
I like Jet, Arctic Monkeys, Slipknot also (been to their concert).
I´m in love with classic punk like Sex Pistols, The Clash, Black Flag...
I also like Joy Division very much...
Didn´t mention Gary Jules and James Blunt.

I like quite a lot of stuff :D

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
i have incredible news. seriously, if you share my taste in music, this news is going to make your 2011 worth it. i'm putting it in a spoiler tag so to build suspense......

NEW RADIOHEAD ALBUM
tumblr_lglryeeLVc1qa3iz5o1_500.jpg

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGIT'S COMING THIS MONTH IT'LL BE HERE ON SATURDAY. I HAVE TO PREORDER IT WHEN I GET PAID THURSDAY.
YOU CAN ORDER IT AT THIS URL

IT'S
GOING
TO
BE
AWESOMESAUCE

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
^ :D

Have you downloaded it? i haven't yet....I know it's a bit sad, but I've been buying Radiohead CDs since I was 14, so I'm gonna hold out and buy the CD to go with my collection! The CD is out in a few weeks! >_<

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
Ebony;301211 said:
^ :D

Have you downloaded it? i haven't yet....I know it's a bit sad, but I've been buying Radiohead CDs since I was 14, so I'm gonna hold out and buy the CD to go with my collection! The CD is out in a few weeks! >_<

sure have, i happened to be awake and browsing when they decided to release it early, so i got it within the first hour ^_^

if i were in your position i wouldn't mind the wait. very good, but it's not a particularly exciting album. very ambient, and it takes a while to grow on you. you made the smart choice waiting. :)

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
So what's your favourite Raiohead song? Like I said earlier 'Street Spirit' has always been one of mine. I also like Creep (doesn't everyone?!) I always find myself skipping to 'Wolf at the Door' on Hail to the Theif and I love the video for Paranoid Andriod - I thought it was brilliant back then...I still do.

Edit -
OMG have you seen this....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfOa1a8hYP8&feature=player_embedded#at=69
Thom Yorke is fantastic! :wub: I like the song too.

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
^ all good picks! i tend to gravitate towards their later works. Reckoner, Pyramid Song, Talk Show Host, I Will come to mind as absolute favorites... but it's nearly impossible for me to make a complete list of single songs... i generally have to go by album since each song of theirs is best understood in the context of the album... so i'm gonna drop this here.

In Rainbows > Amnesiac > OK Computer > Hail to the Thief > Kid A > King of Limbs > The Bends
perhaps the most interesting part of the band is that you can have all of the fans out there with vastly different opinions on each album, but love the band in one way or another all the same. really adds to how i see them as musicians when they don't have a definite 'best album' or 'best song'.

now...have you seen this? :lol:
[youtube]sg6hGUSPI2U[/youtube]

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Oh wow that is brilliant! :lol:
The song has been out 2 minutes and people are already taking advantage of Thom's wiggling! lol

It's been a while since I listened to a few of their albums. I wasn't a massive fan of Kid A. I liked it, but I'm more of an old school Radiohead fan. Hang on Kid A came out before Hail to the Thief didn't it? I really liked that one, so maybe I'm lying.....sorry I'm thinking out loud now. :wacko:

i generally have to go by album since each song of theirs is best understood in the context of the album... so i'm gonna drop this here.

I understand what your saying here - here's mine -

The Bends > Ok Computer > Hail to the Thief > In Rainbows > Pablo Honey > Anmesiac > Kid A

Your Av reminds me of a Radiohead T-shirt I have -
unbranded-radiohead-blue-bear-t-shirt.jpg

:)

Actually off topic, but how do you post a vid on here? I tried to yesterday and ended up giving up and just posting the link? Thanks!

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
Ebony;301317 said:
It's been a while since I listened to a few of their albums. I wasn't a massive fan of Kid A. I liked it, but I'm more of an old school Radiohead fan. Hang on Kid A came out before Hail to the Thief didn't it? I really liked that one, so maybe I'm lying.....sorry I'm thinking out loud now. :wacko:
no, you're right. it went (1) pablo honey, (2) the bends, ok computer, kid a, amnesiac, hail to the thief, in rainbows, and now king of limbs. :)

Ebony;301317 said:
Your Av reminds me of a Radiohead T-shirt I have -
unbranded-radiohead-blue-bear-t-shirt.jpg

:)
that makes sense :lol:
it was created as i was doodling in class trying to remember what that bear looked like (friend has upper arm tattoo of it). that face is what i came up with, so i made it all nice and clean-like in photoshop. ^_^

Ebony;301317 said:
Actually off topic, but how do you post a vid on here? I tried to yesterday and ended up giving up and just posting the link? Thanks!

you want to use the tag [youtube] for it. don't put the complete video URL either, you want to use anything after the equal sign. so....
for the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfrRnUr0TGI
we use "sfrRnUr0TGI" like so... [youtube*]sfrRnUr0TGI[/youtube*]

remove the "*" from inside the tags and you get...
[youtube]sfrRnUr0TGI[/youtube]

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Ahhh thanks - it's as simple as that - I was over complicating it!
I'll let you know what I think of King of Limbs when I get it.
I hope they tour this year to promote it.

Klawed Flaw

Fallout Nut
Well... I'd love to give my romantic stories on each band, but with a list the size of the last building Godzilla smashed while dancing, I will just give the quick list. Which isn't really the size of a stegosaurus/T-Rex family creature. It might be the size of early sloths, though. It's also eating meat from a tree, because metal does that.

Meyham
Immortal
Klank
The Becoming
The Sisters of Mercy
Linkin Park
Burzum
Be Persecuted
Screeching Weasel
Throbbing Gristle
Clock DVA
Celldweller
Circle of Dust
Living Sacrifice
Death
Tankard
Overkill
Hocico
Diadema tristis or something(it's a depressive folk metal band. Look it up)
Dominion III
Helheim
Godflesh
Sigh
Goatsnake(awesome harmonica player in this band. Seriously.)
Venom
Screaming Trees
Muddy Waters
Black Sabbath
Black Widow
Pre-Steve getting illness Mortification(he just should have broke the band up after being out of the hospital. Just listen to the early stuff, then compare it to the thrash metal they just keep throwing out now!)
Flesh Field
Cattle Decapitation
Old Funeral
Iron Maiden
Windir
Gorguts
Broken Hope
Nausea
The Awakening
Pride and Fall
Slick Rick
Doomsday Productions
Antestor
MxPx
Gravediggaz
Flobots

That'll do for now. It's good stuff, if you like death or black metal. Some of it is punk rock, and some of it is even blues from the darker times of modern America. Tons of it is metal, and tons of it is electronic music of some form. Yes, I do like rap, and you probably tell once you notice the band Gravediggaz.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Well, I now own King Of Limbs. I should have just downloaded it - the packaging is this crappy cardboard thing and because it came in the post it got all squished, so it looks really crap!
I'll have to listen to it a few times first. I really like Lotus Flower - I've heard that one a few times now and it's grown on me. I hope they tour soon!

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
Some of m favs...

Muse: gotta agree with EbZ old is better
Linken Park: gotta agree with Muse ;)
Primus
Micheal Jackson
George Micheal
Stevie Wonder
Red Hot Chilli Peppers
S.O.A.D
and anything techno 80's:cool:

Mr Anderson

gun slinging sword master
I don't care what anyone thinks The Beatles are the best band there ever was or will be they win HANDS DOWN BAR NONE!!!!!
((IMO but don't tell the rest of my post that it might beat me up))

Top Bottom