• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

music you listen to when you're working

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
well could be when you work, when you're doing some art, writing and stuffs..

i used to listen vanessa mae's violin player and musics from final fantasy vii, and muse's instrumentals mainly.. but i don't keep up with music since long so i got stagnant..

share here, maybe it could help other and myself for reference of inspirational piece

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Depends, I guess, on what I'm doing at the time. Mostly I listen to Disciple, Thousand Foot Krutch, Nine Lashes, Trading Yesterday...but if I really need to concentrate then I tend to go for instrumental stuff only like Ludovico Einaudi

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
It depends on what I'm working on; I have a set playlist that I created as soon as I started writing my novel, but I also have smaller playlists that work with specific scenes, or when writing from a particular character's POV (or for a particular mood).

Some of the songs I've been listening to the most have been:

Lindsey Stirling: Elements, Shadows, Eclipse, Take Flight, V-Pop, Heist, Night Vision, Master of Tides, Shatter Me.

Skillet: Hero, Falling Inside the Black, Comatose, Monster, Collide, Awake and Alive, Whispers in the Dark

Kamelot: The Great Pandemonium, The Haunting (Somewhere in Time), Falling Like the Fahrenheit, Sacrimony (Angel of Afterlife), March of Mephisto, My Confession, Karma, The Light I Shine On You, Moonlight, Wings of Despair, Soul Society, Lunar Sanctum, The Black Halo, Mourning Star.

Seven Kingdoms: Symphony of Stars (and my personal favourite), Flame of Olympus

Breaking Benjamin: Blow Me Away, Dance with the Devil, Evil Angel, Had Enough.

And then there's the miscellaneous stuff, like Radioactive and Demons by Imagine Dragons, The Wings of Icarus by Celldweller, Hell Arrives, Retribution, and Metamorphosis by Blue Stahli, Nightfall, Sacrificium, and Isis & Osiris by Xandria, Angels, Heart of Everything, and The Howling by Within Temptation, A Grey So Dark by Trivium, a handful of songs by Linkin Park (Burn it Down, Lost in the Echo, Castle of Glass, Papercut, The Catalyst, Points of Authority).

Yeah, I could keep going, but I'm pretty sure I'll just bore everyone, lol.

Last edited:

KRSkull

These are the songs i currently listen to. My working Playlist changes once every three months

Lindsey Stirling:
Electric Daisy Violin
Crystallize
Shatter Me
Roundtable Rival
Trancendance
Elements
Shadows
Spontaneous Me
Assassin's Creed Theme
Celtic Carol
Game of Thrones
Good Feeling Violin
On the Floor Take Three
Radioactive
Skyrim Main Theme
What Child is This
Zelda Medley

Metal Gear Solid:

Sins Of The Father
Snake Eater
The Best Is Yet To Come
Not Your Kind of People
Calling to the Night

Devil May Cry Anime:

d.m.c
d.m.c (Band Ver.)
d.m.c (Gut Guitar Ver.)
Pain
FUTURE IN MY HANDS

Xena Warrior Princess:

Burial
What's Still Unwritten
The Warrior Princess

Legend of Zelda:

Main Theme (Super Smash Bros. Brawl)
Hyrule Field (Orchestral Ver.)
Zelda's Lullaby

Other:
MacGyver theme
The Science Love Song by AsapScience
Let It Go - Frozen

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Evanescence.
Skillet.
Disciple.
Fireflight.
Lindsey Stirling.
Seether.
The Pretty Reckless.
Fall Out Boy.
Avril Lavigne.
Maroon 5.
Bryan Adams.
Goo Goo Dolls.
Live.
Incubus.
Disturbed.
Bon Jovi.
Avicii.
Matt Corby.
Josh Groban.
Daughtry.
Linkin Park.
Eminem.
Vanessa Mae.
One Republic.
Ellie Golding.
Ed Sheeran.
Imagine Dragons.
Paramore.
Midnight Youth.
Nickelback
Benny Tipene
Ginny Blackmore
Stan Walker
Kurt Darren (only because he's family and I feel obligated to listen)
Lifehouse
Phoenix Calling.
KONGOS. (they're bloody brilliant aye!)
The Foo Fighters.
30 Seconds to Mars.
Three Days Grace.
Adam Lambert.
Adele.
Bloodhound Gang <3 lol
The Offspring
Sick Puppies
Derp. I'm sure there's more but that's all I can think of without looking at my playlist.

Last edited:

Viper

Premium
Depending on what I'm drawing (or if I'm just playing cards), it can be either playlist with 80s/90s hits, selection of DMC songs (for drawing DMC fanart, lol) or playlist with MGR music. I also have collection of songs from Judas Priest, Iron Maiden and Metallica, which used to be my main drawing music, but to be honest i haven't listened to them in a while.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
i agree what we listen to depends on what kind of work we're doing. I used to write til i realize i sucked butt at it, but when the setting was city, or market or journey, vanessa mae's theme of caravans is always my choice..

and i need to ask you guys questions,

1. how can you work things like drawing or writing while listening to music with vocals? won't it mess it up? cuz honestly when i work stuffs, i felt my mind is talking too, and with vocals on the background it messes me up..

2. you know in movies about professional writer, the writer is mostly shown moving to the countries to concentrate, and they were never shown listening to anything to jack them up.. i did that once in a while --not listening to any i mean-- and it makes better result, but i like music, so i kept listening anyway.. have any of you thought maybe we were doing it wrong by listening to music?

KRSkull

1. how can you work things like drawing or writing while listening to music with vocals? won't it mess it up? cuz honestly when i work stuffs, i felt my mind is talking too, and with vocals on the background it messes me up..

Well to me Music create a sparks that will make the candle of idea light up. Its as simple as that.

Top Bottom