• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Mundus could have been stronger?

Anybody else feel the fight with Mundus could have been a bit more tougher?I mean u tear his arms off blah blah blah and its a cut scene festival.If u do,post how he should have been.
For me,it would have been better if he could use a weapon and use energy blast that are actually tough to dodge,and he can shrink down to normal size at times and fight u on the ground,form doppelgangers and stuff and stuff and stuff.I mean,he IS the demon king and all that u know...
Any ideas?

I would have preferred to fight a man sized mundus in a sword fight where he fires those energy daggers at you and uses elemental attacks and can teleport and speed blitz.
And without the hell gate supporting him,The speed blitz would tire him out after a consecutive successive number of them

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
the hell gate only made him immortal he still had demon king powers without it even if they were a bit weaker so he would have nigh unlimited stamina and all the usual perks super strength and speed etc

Teal

A self-diagnosed misanthrope
It is well known that huge boss fights are just huge. Although they were put in videogames to establish a menacing presence, nowadays every gamer that comes to face them goes like "Phew! That's a relief!". Ever since The Shadow of the Colossus, I've yet to face a huge boss fight that's also tough. Dark Souls bosses aren't included, since..well, everything in that game is tough.

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD
I don't really mind the fight. Since DMC lost any form of a challenge after DMC1 for me, and DMC3 and DMC4's bosses were a joke to even fight.

I'd keep the larger then life boss, however after his giant form falls, Mundus returns to a normal human form and both Dante and Vergil fight him in that ruin where the crater was. The two finish him off and that would be that.

I don't really mind the fight. Since DMC lost any form of a challenge after DMC1 for me, and DMC3 and DMC4's bosses were a joke to even fight.

I'd keep the larger then life boss, however after his giant form falls, Mundus returns to a normal human form and both Dante and Vergil fight him in that ruin where the crater was. The two finish him off and that would be that.
When Mundus falls,he has Elemental control,and it takes him a bit of time to recharge,as he is a bit weak

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I liked what we got, but like other members on here, I wanted a fight with Mundus in human form before he became that giant monster thing. I also wold have liked more variation on the attacks and not so much telegraphing because it made it too easy to guess and evade way before the attack happened.

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
Ah, yes. I loved the game, but Mundus was a major disappointment to me. He was all talk. And in the boss fight, after he's lost a bit of health, he's basically like: "Argh, you defeated me. Take my eye." Oh well. I suppose the Vergil boss fight was enjoyable though.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I would have liked Mundus to be much more challenging. If Sparda couldn't kill Mundus himself(he'd sealed mundus in the demon realm, if you consider the entire dmc legend/plot) , and Dante, as great as he is, could barely defeat Sparda's skill and power (reference dmc2 novel), then Mundus ought to be one mean boss. But he's not which is incredibly disappointing.
But ....yeah.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
If Mundus was the final boss, then he would've been stronger...but the real villain was Vergil. Mundus not being the last boss (and therefore the strongest enemy) was always going to be somewhat disappointing.

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
Hm, I actually would have liked for Mundus to maybe shed his skin in a neat cutscene that would look like his bigger form, only maybe Dante sized. It would have been incredible to fight him sword vs sword, like something straight outa Dark Souls.

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
sorry if someones already mentioned this:

I think the problem with the Mundus fight was that he turned into this big abomination with coordinated easy to read attacks. we see that his human form is capable of incredible speed. if we kept something like that and eventually lead onto the giant fight, i think i would have no complaints. something like:

instead of dante fighting human mundus in a cut scene, we get to fight him ourselves. He is super fast, strong and is constantly healing. after an allotted period of time or a certain amount of damage inflicted we get a cut scene where Vergil cuts him off from the gate. he gets mad and begins to charge at the gate, Vergil is wounded and Mundus ****ed. enter giant scene.

that being said, a giant fight while conceptually epic, isn't that interesting because it almost always boils down to dodge move A, move B .attack weak point ,repeat until boss is dead.

That being said I understand why they were reluctant to go the speedy human fight route as we do fight Vergil the next round and that could be repetitive. though they could have done a fight similair to the Arkham one in DMC3 instead. which would have been doubley awesome if Vergil was helping us defeat him like in 3 with Arkham.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Dark Souls bosses aren't included, since..well, everything in that game is tough.

Yahtzee summed up the strategy of giant bosses in Dark Souls - shove your face in their butt and just keep stabbing :p

--------

I liked the colossal Mundus fight, but I think it would have been really cool to have had a fight with him in his office first. It could be placed just before Mundus punts Dante down the hallway. He'd just be Kyle Ryder, in his suit, fighting Dante with nothing but his fists and magic. There could even be a mechanic to the fight where you have to push him away from the Hellgate at the side of the room so you can deal more damage, so first you push him away, then you try to trap him on the far side where you'll deal the most damage. You could parry some energy shots that would instantly stun him to give you a chance to shove him far back with little resistance.

Top Bottom