• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Mrrandomlulz gets an interview with Fillygamez.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
The interview with Ninja theory inspired me to try to interview indie game developers, see what the gaming community is up to. As you all know, when I am not busy being a overly obnoxious troll,
I am a brony who is hellbent on making sure ponies get into every thread. So I decided to try a brony development team. named FillyGamez, who are making a rather promising project. "Welcome to Ponyville"
Link to my fimfiction account
Mrrandomlulz - FIMFiction.net
link to fillygamez website
Filly Gamez
So without further ado, here are the questions.

1. In this game, the player assumes life in Ponyville, profession and all. May we have information on what kind of jobs are available, such as are royal guard and weather team available?

2. The game will be released in chapters, exactly how many chapters can we safely assume are going to be part of the main story and will their be more after the main story ends?
3. What kinds of games will Fillygamez make after this? Would they be willing to make a sequel where the saved file transfers.

4. There is a romance feature. How many chapters into the game will the romance take effect, how far does it go, and how deeply exactly will this subplot effect the main story?

5. Will any non-canonical characters appear as antagonist in sub plots. Such as common petty thieves.
6. Will the fan favorite background pony go by Derpy Hooves, or Ditzy Doo in this game? And why?
7. Where will be the best places to look for Easter Eggs? (I put careful thought into whether or not I wanted to ask this question and remembered that easter eggs are hinted at all the time in interviews?)
8. Along with Romance and (presumably) Friendship, what other sub plots can we expect?
9. Can we expect an antagonist to be in this game?
10. Can the player perform deeds of evil.
And here are the answers
  1. Certainly. The player will have jobs such as working the farm over at Sweet Apple Acres, helping Twilight with library work and research, mail delivery for Derpy, finding ingredients for Zecora etc... Being a royal guard will not be in the game, though there may be a special role the player get's to fulfill depending on the decisions they make. I have not considered doing work as a weather pony, as the player may not necessarily be a pegasus, though I will certainly explore this idea. Unfortunately I can not delve too far into the jobs without giving too much away.
  1. There are three chapters in total. Each is fairly long and important. There are actually two main stories that intertwine, both having a defined ending. The game does have an ending, but a player will not see the entire game in a single play-through due to the multitude of endings and decisions that can be made.
  1. That's an interesting question. WTP was not our original project, but rather meant to be a side project while we worked on our main one. We never expected this game to be quite so popular, as such it has taken our full priority. Once the game is finished a sequel would be great, if it makes sense. That is something we will simply have to wait and see. We do hope to make more indie games just possibly under a different company name.
  1. There are indeed romances in the game, though this is only a small portion of the game. Quite literally almost every character, 52 in total not including secret characters, is romanceable. The romantic aspect is hinted at in chapter one so the player knows this is an option. Actually becoming involved with a character does not take place until about halfway through the second chapter. It does have an effect on the overall story, almost everything you do does. Having a special somepony has a dramatic effect on the ending, depending on who the player chooses to romance. However, if a player should choose to not romance any of the characters there is NO penalty for this.
      1. Yes, there are a few characters of our own creation that show up as antagonists and protagonists alike. I am happy to say that at least one of these characters is the brain child of The Jam Jar, and will be terribly fun for the player to encounter.
      2. We have decided to go with the name Derpy Hooves for a multitude of reasons. One being she simply fits the name. The main reason being this is a game for bronies, by bronies, made from ideas by the brony community. The community originally called her Derpy so as a gift to them that is her name in game. And in case this does not answer the question, she will indeed be in the game.
      3. Easter Eggs pop up all over the place, from background Lyra to references to other community works, such as The Vinyl Scratch Tapes by Midnight Magic Productions. As hinted in our demonstrations, even some references to other games and movies etc... There are even a few Easter Egg quests the player can take on.
      4. There are a handful of smaller subplots the player will encounter. I can not say too much about this but there are several crisis situations that a player must deal with that have an effect on the overall story.
      1. An antagonist? We have several lined up, while I can not confirm nor deny any of them we have a few, including some of our own design.
      2. While “evil” may be a bit much, the player can be a jerk. Similar to how a player can be a renegade or paragon in the Mass Effect series. These decisions will have influence on how the player handles the crisis situations and the story as a whole.

ZeroLove

So it is basically The Sims but with MLP?
Then I am more excited about the upcoming MLP fighting game!

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
So it is basically The Sims but with MLP?
Then I am more excited about the upcoming MLP fighting game!

No, It is more like a "Choose your own adventure" game.
The player will have to deal with various crisis situations and such. And all the mane characters are in there

Top Bottom