• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Mrrandomlists 2: best "F*** you's" in multiplayer gaming

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Be it the game over screen
Megaman3_box.jpg

or another player
250px-Mario_Party_9_boxart.png

One of the most knowledgeable things about gaming is that depending on the game, whoever took you down reserves the right to be a total dick about it. It's not bad sportsmanship in gaming because gaming usually covers things like fist fights, where sportsmanship wouldn't be an aspect in a battle to the death.
It is even more special when the game has specific features designed for the attacking of the player's pride.

So off of the top of my head, here are the top ways to just flat out taunt the other player
TF2 takes the extra mile to point out your corpse on death replay
im%20stepping%20on%20your%20head%20jax%20fatality.jpg

For a game about teamwork, TF2 has a whole ton of ways to annoy the hell out of the other players, including, but not limited to
  • Every match has that ONE GUY, who even when at full health, screams for a medic every two seconds
  • Choosing a scout when your team is on defense
  • Blatantly ignoring the match to trade hats
But none of these match up to the annoyances that are the death screen.
Whether you are blown up, burned, shot, or whatever
TF2 makes sure to rub your death in your face, not only with 'Dominations' and such
but if you die in one piece, it shows your corpse, if you get blown up, it goes the extra mile of showing you your disembodied limbs
The only reason this one is so low on the list is that it is the game itself, rather than the player who killed you
Teabagging, more fun than playing the game right : Halo
4604-image001.jpg

I sincerely wish I could put this one higher.
Out of all the ways to taunt an opponent, this one is the second most iconic to it's franchise (Admit it, you already know what game holds the honor of number #1 on this list is)
For those of you who aren't really into shooters or don't know much about the franchise, let me just sum up why this little fluke in the physics spawned a joke that goes hand-in-hand with the Halo series.
Trash talking is probably a key feature to anyone who has a mic in the Halo games. Along with CoD, testosterone induced dickishness is a key feature. But the ability to be a dick WITHOUT using your mic was priceless on it's own, hearing the person on the other side bitching as he watches his corpse give you what can be described as none other than fully armored oral-sex.
Regardless, as I said, Halo's Teabagging is a fluke in the engine.
Mario Golf allows you and your friends to get together and attack each others self-esteem.
250px-ToadstoolTour.PNG

My love of this one probably comes from the part where it was the first one I can remember being the victim of. Let me just set the stage
(Nostalgia story in bound)
I was still in elementary school, and I would always go over to my best friend's on the weekends. One of the most fun things we did was play multiplayer on Gamecube. Thing about it is, as a kid growing up playing Game Cube, Mario's face was always a sure sign of a game being good ol' whacky fun, regardless of the premise (Even golf)
So there I was as Mario, getting ready to take my swing
Thats when it happened.
For those of you who don't know, Mario Golf has a feature that allows you to 'boo' the other players. Keep in mind, unlike most games that have programmed in taunts like this, this is one of those games that was designed to cash in on the character, and not even Mario fans gave a crap about, chances are, if you were playing this, you were a kid. The same kind of kid who barely could take the taunts in Smash Bros. Melee that involved poses and bragging. And here you are watching some of your favorite characters bad-mouth you.
It's hurtful, unnecessary, and overall something kids would abuse the hell out of
Nintendo, I ****ing love you.

The taunt button is even more taunting in Capcom fighting games
20121015024846!UMvC3_Cover.jpg

This one, I probably should explain, it's not so much that Capcom are great taunt makers, so much as that a taunt in a Capcom game is a straight-up stab at the other player's skill.
Unlike MK, Smash Bros, Soul Calibur, and countless others, Capcom's games put tons of focus into timing and speed, making combos stand above over all.
So, while the taunt button is a '**** you' regardless of the game it's in.
It's an even bigger **** you when you stop mid-combo, just to remind the other player that they are too slow to prevent you from whooping their ass.
Not much else to be said about this one.

Mortal Kombat: Anything that happens after a Mercy.
mercy.png

When it comes to games dedicated to the winner being a dick, after Mario Party, MK is the first thing to come to mind. From the very beginning, fatalities have been the prime example of just laughing in the other players face.
No matter which one you use, it is satisfying to watch as you flat out murder the other player in the most glorified way of saying "I win, bitch."
Thing is though, the fatality itself isn't the most dickish part about it.
Usually, in a fighting game, the idea that it is still anyone's game is what keeps the losing player going. So once said loser realizes how boned he is, then comes the build up to the fatality as the loser hopelessly mashes buttons.
And that is where the opportunity to laugh at him arises.
Once that "Finish Him!" comes up. The losing player usually has a sense of "Let's get this over with."
However, if the winner is confident enough, he can bring about a mercy and drag out the match even further.
Now, both sides have the ability to flat out say "You ****ing lose."
If the one who performed the mercy gets another opportunity for fatality, he can fairly say his opponent was given a second chance and still lost.
And if the opponent turns the tide and manages to win the match, he can say that he just humbled an egotistical douchebag.
In the end.
All in all, this kind of dickishness is what makes player deaths in gaming so awesome, in actual sports/competition, even the most testosterone driven ones (Looking at you superbowl), the act of gloating and kicking on the ground is frowned upon, no matter how big the victory. Gaming on the other hand, hates that winners can't feel a bit of pride, and gives us the proper tools to do so.
So, now that I've tackled the multiplayer ones, next up.
I tackle the single player deaths that can only be followed by the breaking of a controller.
Mrrandomlists 3: "Game overs that remind you how much you ****ing suck"

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
With Killer is Dead when it comes to the button mashing, you need to have seizure-smashing fingers to even bring yourself back to life. It's seriously frustrating and is really cheap.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
-In Mario Party, steal the star from the player that only has one star regardless of the other players just to be a d!ck.

-After viciously beating an opponent in Mortal Kombat, don't do anything. Bob up and down really fast like an idiot. They can feel the mockery.

-In GTA V I saw a guy park his car on the outside of a clothing store and while he was inside shopping I picked it up with the Cargo Bob and placed it on top a billboard. Did this multiple times and it's hilarious to have people finding their car up on high places they can't reach.

-Also in GTA V, park a truck or something in front of the door trapping others in buildings.

-I hate those dumb military shooters but, if I ever played them I basically f@cked around and just found myself dropping live grenades in between those sniper elitist on my own team.

For everything, just take off the game for no reason.

Top Bottom