• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Mr.Anime kills his family.......

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
As an Otaku,i was heavily disturbed by this.This person was one of the first persons to do anime reviews on youtube and become a well respected person in the anime community.Now,as far as i concern,many people will blame anime for this just how GTA and video games was.
Damn............

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I can't watch it with the sound on but it says that the guy studied serial killers, so... I doubt they'd say anime is to blame.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
I'm talking about stupid people who judge first.
They will search this guy out of why he did this and they see that the guy watches anime and they will draw conclusions that anime was cause of what happened to him.This happens all the time like in GTA.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
This happens all the time with...everything. Somehow the one who actually made the bad thing never is 100% to blame. It's always something that inspired him. Funny thing how this something, no matter what it is, game or anime, has been also purchased by millions of other people who actually didn't do anything bad and just enjoyed what they saw/played.

They probably take this opportunity to try and win some money from the company that made the anime. If they go against each other with law procedures, the possibility that they will win might be small, but if they do, money comes all the way. It's worth it. For them. It's also disgusting and pitiful. For us who watch it happen.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Well to me,It's MR.anime's problem and anime got nothing to do with it.People speculated that he is very depressed or what ever.Anyway we,the anime community will move on on this matter.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I never heard of this freak. So one minute he is a lonely kid talking about cartoons and the next minute he kills his family...... Stupid, simply stupid......

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
The guy had mental health problems. Mental health is not taken seriously, that's why other sources (eg games, anime...whatever) get the blame.
You seriously have to have really bad problems to pull of something like that. You just don't know how a person's mind works when they have a mental illness.

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
this isnt what mental instability does to you does it!!!! O_O please tell me or my life is on the line for im at an early stage of mental instability

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Okay, listened to the clip. 1 - if people were aware that he was killing animals at a young age (which is often the first symptom that there's something not right) then why did they not get him help?
2 - people are not 'born' murderers
3 - yes I am partially blaming his parents
4 - that woman is incredibly unprofessional. I so just want to backhand her.
5 - a guy waving guns around on youtube should raise red flags already. Possibly his fans saw him as 'cool' and saw nothing wrong with it. Just like he saw nothing wrong with killing his family.
6 - to quote my chemical romance "teenagers scare the living **** outta me"

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Yeah, it sounds like there were many warning signs, but people do tend to just mind their own business and not do anything about them.

I should know I guess, I warned my uncle about the family he was letting into his life, told him I had serious doubt about them, but he never thought anything of it. And now he isn't here. I swear I could tell they were bunch of psychos from afar. Why other people don't notice that sort of thing when there are even more warning signs than that is beyond me. I guess many people are not attentive to their surroundings or to the people around them? It seems true what they say about being far more likely to murdered by someone *that you already know*, and even more so by *someone you are related to*.

Killing animals for fun is a massive warning sign. Indicates right off that the person doing it has no capacity for empathy and is detached to the idea of causing another living thing pain or death and may even get off on it or become addicted to it. It's not a big step for a person without those feelings to go from animals to people.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
It's that they do not want to notice.

Mr.Anime's family probably didn't even want to take seriously the signs he gave them. They didn't want to think their kid was abnormal or strange in any way.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Yeah it's not that... it's probably a combination of things... diminished responsibility, bad upbringing, lack of empathy, lack of engagement with others in the person's life or other kinds of isolation. Other people are definitely the greatest stabilising influence in our lives... if we have nobody that we respect, care about, care for, etc. we can potentially have no stake in society, and not much reason to give a damn if we shoot people dead or not. In that sense it is both our own responsibility to engage with others and form meaningful relationships with others and with the society we live in, and it's also the responsibility of parents and family and friends to keep each other 'stable' too.

Unless it was a crime of passion or anger. Those are quite different with different factors involved, you don't have to be completely wacko to commit one of those.

There are other types of killing too, like when people kill in war, and there are different pressures on otherwise normal people to kill. In this case though I'd say it was probably likely to be some of the combination of things I mentioned in the 1st paragraph.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
i guess ill go to the mental asylum before its too late for im uh.....mentally unstable i have been told

I'm unstable too, and yet I come off as civilized. So I think you're fine. I'm unstable-stable, if that makes sense. Controlled crazy.

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
I'm unstable too, and yet I come off as civilized. So I think you're fine. I'm unstable-stable, if that makes sense. Controlled crazy.
yeah tanks.....but i just dont completley see the situation of my unstableness soo we'll see i guess but i dought i'll murder my whole family cuz i plan on moving to america

Top Bottom