• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Most brutal, stylish, & cheapest way of busting bosses in DMC4

Koemi

half-breed
I've been playing DMC4 a while now, have seen quite a few youtube vid, and read people posting here. I wonder if people mind sharing their ways to slice-and-dice bosses that are:

1) Most brutal (get up close, use the most powerful move you have to smack the boss)
2) Most stylish (involve using lots of combo, well-timed RG/buster, taunting...) or
3) cheapest (meaning you either keep away from the boss as far as possible, or keep using items like holy water, or keep repeating one technique)

sometimes ways can be one or more of the above. For example, if you kill Berial [Dante] using only real impact in DT, then that's 1) + 3)

All ideas in DMD or HAH pls. Thanks for contributing. :cool:

Koemi

half-breed
(sorry for double-posting here but think I'll need an example to begin)
Hm mine are usually cheapest...

Mission 11 Sanctus: in the first half I am just doing things like what youtube's telling me to do - avoiding lasers, fireballs, and smack the shell till he falls to the ground. Then I snatch him, do some slicing, then shoot him [charge 3], switch to DT, throw him above ground, buster him. repeat whole thing. Then when the savior part comes in, since I am not good at timing buster, I usually just avoid that, or DT just when it hit me. then I kinda to what i did in the 1st part.

The only difference is: since it's harder to knock him to the ground this time, I use a holy water when his shell is gone. that will drop him and I do the buster thing. usually i repeat this another time and he's a goner.

usually resulting a "no damage" bonus =]

Janny

Dines with dementia
I'm always going for brutal, for the simple reason that I can't focus on stylish moves when under pressure. That's why I love Nero's DB, it's perfect for the brutal approach, just smack down the enemy with pure force! :D

I find it hard to get adjusted to gaming controls in any game, so most of the times I slash my way through the first couple of levels until I find out what's the most powerful move.

The Credo battle took me about 20 minutes (on human mode :unsure:) because I couldn't use the brutal technique and had to actually take my time to notice the attack pattern and dodge him. It was the hardest boss for me from DMC4...

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
I find that a very cheap way to defeat certain bosses (particularly Berial) is to just abuse Nero's charged up Blue Rose and hugging the opposite wall. Nero's level 3 Blue Rose shot is, in my opinion, very overpowered and can really drain a bosses health a little too fast for my liking. I'm kinda hoping that should ever Capcom feel the need to release a patch to address any issues that they might nerf Nero's Blue Rose a little to help balance it.

TheDoctor

The Oncoming Storm
I usually just run up and smack the boss until they're in a position for me to use the Devil Bringer, regardless of damage the boss is doing to me. This will be a problem in harder modes, but it works a treat in the easier ones.

Koemi

half-breed
Just beat Echidna in DMD - couldn't do the Echidna loop, but I simply use a combination of trickster + lucifer (mostly): first I begin by drive + overdrive then switch to RG, block that tail swing, taunt, then trickster + lucifer. When she's rooted on the ground, I use E&I to remain in air when she calls the spikes, and use real impact whenever I can. When she takes off, switched back to trickster + lucifer. Most of the time I remain in air, unless she's flying all over the place then I'd just stand on the ground and aim, ready to dodge whenever she dashes towards me, then shot her with coyote-a. Same with the seed bullets - whenever she's about to shoot, I am usually on the ground and dodge sideway. I usually taunt right after hers (on ground) - just for the fun of it.

NEVER stay in air when she's flying in golden aura AND seeds shooting out AND she's in DT - bound to get hit no matter what.

Whenever that seed drops down I use rebellion and stinger it in DT - rid of it ASAP so I can focus on her whose flying somewhere.

Unless I got hit, I can stay in SSS most of the time. Seems like if I leave loads of lucifer blade on her just before she flies off, then set it explode while she's heading my way, I can get an easy SS / SSS. Sweat !

Hm... I guess this is more on the stylish side? (wanna try it real brutal and/or cheap, but simply couldn't - my timing's horrible ^_^)

Top Bottom