• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

More Resi influence...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Just look at Possessed Arius and Arius-Argosax. If you've played (or beat) Resi 2, then you probably know the villain these forms were inspired by. Good old G. I think the Infestants and the Infested Tanks and Chopper were also a play on the fact that the G-Virus causes artificial evolution. What are you guys' thoughts on this?

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Well, TBH, I'm a bit of a wimp so... I never completed Resi2 (or 4).
But, it wouldn't surprise me that Capcom took ideas for DMC from the Resi games.

Sparda™

It's quite obvious the games have similarities and references to each other, because they were made by the same company, Capcom.

Devil May Cry 1 was meant to be Resident Evil 4, that's why Leon and Dante are so similar with each other.

If you see Dante's Devil Trigger in DMC4, his chest to be exact, you'll notice the insignia of the Los Illuminados in RE4.

There are also many other references, If you're fond of little details.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Thanks DreadnoughtDT
Nice! Aren't the ppl in Resi charming?!

There is alot of similarity between the bosses and enemies of Dmc2 and the result of the G-virus. I looked at the final mutation of the G-virus and thought it looked like Argosax the Chaos and and a bit like Nightmare from DMC1 (Nightmare being a bit of a blob too). I didn't know that DMC took so much from Resi.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Or, in Resi terms, it's the Hunter. The Marionettes also remind me of the normal zombies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom