• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Missions 18 and 20

dmcguy218

I'm trying to get a ranking of S on all missions, but the last two missions I'm having trouble with are 18 and 20.

18: The biggest problem is time. The first part of this mission is quite easy and quite fast, but I'm having trouble defeating "Sparda" quickly when the second part comes. The second part is when he rises from below when you are on the top chunk of rock. Also, after enough damage, he gets hurt and you can jump down to his chest emblem and have at it. The problem is these happenings are few and far between. I just end up pistoling for 8-9 minutes with a few chances to attack his chest emblem in between.

20: I'm having a problem getting style points here. Using your arm to punch him takes away a lot of damage; so (as far as I can tell) the only way to get a lot of style points is to not use it and just use Nero's sword to wear him down? The only problem with that is a good time goes by fairly quick and, even when using throws, it takes me 3-4 minutes to beat him.

Can anyone suggest any tips?

darkninjax123

Assassin
well for me on mission 20 i slash him a lot of times and right when u know hes going to activate his shield again thats when i grab him cause that grab raises ur stylish point by one grade and then just dont get hit and take out his shields again and repeat until he starts to do that dash slice and u have to do evade all his attack by using table hopper and then at the last one u have to do the buster on him by timing it right and itll raise ur grade again

Shadow Dante

Give me more power
for mission 18 (defeating sparda).
sparda can be knocked down by useing pandora's PF398 revenge technique, with pandora equipped, hold X (XBox control) or hold [] (PS3 control) and make two complete circles with the left analog-stick, then shoot at sparda. it may require two shots, but he will fall as though you used the staionary cannon.

dmcguy218

Wow... this is really ticking me off. I tried what you said with Pandora revenge and it worked great.

I beat him in no time, but my style was down. So I play again, purposely fighting more residual enemies to get more style, defeat Sparda with a time of 11:30 and about 4,000 style points. This only gets me an A (S for time, A for style, S for orbs).

So I play again. I managed to rack up a lot of style in a very short amount of time so I went ahead and shattered all his gems to get to the second part. Then... revenge stopped working... I hit him directly in the chest 4 times in a row; causing him to stumble back a bit, but he did not fall down. He didn't fall down until the very end with very little life left. I finished him off in 11:55 which got me (A for time, S for style, S for orbs) and another A over all >_>>>>>>>>>>

dmcguy218

Not only that, but I just realized I've been trying to do this on SOS mode; which is not the mode I'm trying to get all S' in right now, lol...

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
For 19, all I can suggest is to try to get to fight more simple enemies, to beat them with style and get more style points, more orbs etc. Since bosses make it kinda difficult;)

dmcguy218

19 wasn't a problem. I had S' on all missions except 18 and 20. Now I have my S for 18, but I'm still having trouble getting enough style points for 20 :/

dmcguy218

Here's what I'm looking like atm...

2dc7rl2.png

dmcguy218

Now level 20 on both Human and Devil Hunter are all I need to have all S' on both difficulties, but I can't get the freaken S on it. If I kick his *** too hard, I get a good time but a bad style ranking. If I take my time so I can get more style points i get a bad time ranking. Maybe my character is just too strong?

Grr... there's got to be some moves I can do which produce a huge amount of style...

dmcguy218

Ok... I need either a way to decrease my character's strength or figure out something that gives a huge amount of style points...

My character is just too strong for Human and Devil Hunter now. All I need is to complete mission 20 with an S on both of them to have all S', but I cant because he dies too fast. I can't build up the style points because every time I touch him he loses too much health.

dmcguy218

There's a few places where there are orbs I can't get to, but I know where 95+% of them are on every mission so it gets me by :D The only annoying thing about it is the game is already repetitive and when you want to collect all the orbs you have to go to old places you don't need to go to to complete the mission (not too far out of the way, but maybe a couple extra rooms inside the castle, etc).

Top Bottom