• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Minecraft, anyone?

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
So, just out of general interest, I'm wondering if any of you funky lot out there play Minecraft.

For any of you who don't know, Minecraft is a charming little indie game slaved over by a small group of developers, it's got 16 bit graphics that act as a throw back towards games of the older generation, and basically, what you do in it amounts to mining blocks with various tools and building anything from small scale houses to full, to scale, exact replicas of things like the Starship Enterprise.

It sounds simple when reading, and in fact I suppose it is rather a simple game, but it's a decieving amount of fun for any of the creatively inclined out there, me and a friend of mine spent about 4 hours building a massive, wooden house on the top of a cliff overlooking a few of our other projects and that alone was a hell of a lot of fun.

For such a simple game, there are some really advanced mechanics to it, someone even managed to build a fully functioning, 16 bit ALU computer that can carry out basic maths equations.
For funzies, here's some examples of the stuff people have built.

Scale model of the Starship Enterprise.

The planet Earth.

New York City.

The Death Star.

---

However, just showing off various projects isn't what I made this thread for, the point of this thread was mainly to find out if any of you owned this game, and, if that's the case, whether or not any of you would be interested in starting a DMC Forums server for the game.

Also, I'm fairly confident I'd be able to answer any questions put to me, having played it for quite some time, so if any of you have any particular questions, feel free to ask away.

aka958

Don't trust people
I don't play it.

Many of my friends does. And damn they have spent months on that game! They got their own multiplayer servers, that portal to that whatever place, gigantic floating castle's, dungeons, tunnelsystems, so god damn much...

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Angelo Credo;294958 said:
So, just out of general interest, I'm wondering if any of you funky lot out there play Minecraft.

For any of you who don't know, Minecraft is a charming little indie game slaved over by a small group of developers, it's got 16 bit graphics that act as a throw back towards games of the older generation, and basically, what you do in it amounts to mining blocks with various tools and building anything from small scale houses to full, to scale, exact replicas of things like the Starship Enterprise.

It sounds simple when reading, and in fact I suppose it is rather a simple game, but it's a decieving amount of fun for any of the creatively inclined out there, me and a friend of mine spent about 4 hours building a massive, wooden house on the top of a cliff overlooking a few of our other projects and that alone was a hell of a lot of fun.

For such a simple game, there are some really advanced mechanics to it, someone even managed to build a fully functioning, 16 bit ALU computer that can carry out basic maths equations.
For funzies, here's some examples of the stuff people have built.

Scale model of the Starship Enterprise.

The planet Earth.

New York City.

The Death Star.

---

However, just showing off various projects isn't what I made this thread for, the point of this thread was mainly to find out if any of you owned this game, and, if that's the case, whether or not any of you would be interested in starting a DMC Forums server for the game.

Also, I'm fairly confident I'd be able to answer any questions put to me, having played it for quite some time, so if any of you have any particular questions, feel free to ask away.

It looks awesome. I suppose the game itself is not free of charge?

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
aka958;294961 said:
I don't play it.

Many of my friends does. And damn they have spent months on that game! They got their own multiplayer servers, that portal to that whatever place, gigantic floating castle's, dungeons, tunnelsystems, so god damn much...

Yeah, it's impressive the stuff people can do in that game, I've got similar things going in my single player games, dungeons, castles, tunnel systems etc, it's great fun and a brilliant time killer.

Chaos Master;294977 said:
It looks awesome. I suppose the game itself is not free of charge?

There's the classic version, which is free of charge but doesn't have any of the survival elements the full game has, it's literally just...Build what you like, whereas the charged game is sort of...Creative survival, you mine deep underground, build your own tools, build your home etc during the day, and at night monsters come out.

Even with the graphics considered it can be quite scary at times, it's all of 15 euros I believe at the moment, and it's an indie game anyway, so it's for a good cause. :p

aka958

Don't trust people
Angelo Credo;294980 said:
Yeah, it's impressive the stuff people can do in that game, I've got similar things going in my single player games, dungeons, castles, tunnel systems etc, it's great fun and a brilliant time killer.

There's the classic version, which is free of charge but doesn't have any of the survival elements the full game has, it's literally just...Build what you like, whereas the charged game is sort of...Creative survival, you mine deep underground, build your own tools, build your home etc during the day, and at night monsters come out.

Even with the graphics considered it can be quite scary at times, it's all of 15 euros I believe at the moment, and it's an indie game anyway, so it's for a good cause. :p

Yeah those Swedish (damn proud of it!) indie developers need some cash so they can be bigger and better.

The Beta was released not long ago. Wonder how the full game will look like.

Top Bottom