• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Mikami and Suda 51 collaboration 'definitely going to happen again'

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Grasshopper's Akira Yamaoki has revealed that a collaboration between Shinji Mikami, Suda 51 and himself is "definitely going to happen again", before hinting that the trio already has another game in production with an eastern publisher.

"It's definitely going to happen again," said Yamaoki talking to us about the possibilities of Shinji Mikami and Suda 51 working together again in the future.

"It's going to be a new collaboration, but this time it'll be a collaboration in the east only. But as I said before, east meets west.

"In the future I really want to see Mikami-san, Suda 51 and myself working together with some western game creators to form a new team. I believe that will be a true east meets west and I want to see that happen. That is what is necessary for the global game market."

The three of them, of course, are currently hard at work putting the finishing touches to the gruesome third-person shooter Shadows of the Damned for EA.

Suda and Mikami previously worked together on Killer 7.

But what about their strong personalities? We asked Yamaoki whether Suda and Mikami ever clashed heads during Shadows of the Damned's development.

"It was unexpectedly smooth!" he said. "They are very strong characters who could clash with each other. I worried about that, but the chemistry worked really well.

"Each person respects each other and they know each other's previous work, and they have respect for that. They really have a good understanding of each other's style and by putting them together the chemistry was really great. I didn't see any clashes at all."

Shadows of the Damned launches in June on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Shadows of the Damned coverage available in 360Zine Issue 53 - click here to download it for free!

Source: http://www.gamerzines.com/ps3/news/suda-mikami-again-in-future.html

Chrysander

Awesome, these are two guys who really understand hardcore and interesting game development. Will definitely be interested in whatever they do next

Top Bottom