• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain TGS 2014 Trailer

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014

The moment I saw that Big Boss balloon decoy I thought, PLEASE let there be a sexed up female version of that decoy like the cardboard box lol.

Damn this game is looking slick. Also dat MGS1 Sneaking suit!!!

The Final Offer

Looks like a third person shooter with some gloss on it. Show me something new with the combat. Rather than gimmicks for the cardboard box. Still excited. Just wish they'd do something with the actual shooting aspect of the game like Splinter Cell or DMC 2.

Viper

Premium
Looks like a third person shooter with some gloss on it. Show me something new with the combat. Rather than gimmicks for the cardboard box. Still excited. Just wish they'd do something with the actual shooting aspect of the game like Splinter Cell or DMC 2.
Considering MGS is a stealth game first and shooter when it's really necessary, I doubt they'll ever focus on shooting aspect as much as they focus on gimmicks for the cardboard box. Not to mention cardboard box is by now a legend bigger than any Snake. XD

The Final Offer

Considering MGS is a stealth game first and shooter when it's really necessary, I doubt they'll ever focus on shooting aspect as much as they focus on gimmicks for the cardboard box. Not to mention cardboard box is by now a legend bigger than any Snake. XD

They gave us slow motion...does it have upgradable weapons?

Viper

Premium
They gave us slow motion...does it have upgradable weapons?
I think when it comes to such details you are better off asking someone who could afford to buy games after MGS2. I am currently only following the story and only vaguely the gameplay.
But I put some effort and found that wiki article lists a nice collection of weaponry and says that in Phantom pain weapons can be developed, customized and upgraded via the R&D (Research&Development, I guess).
Also, if one would judge by Peace Walker, there is always a chance Kojima might throw in a treat.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
You can customize weapons call in supply drops call in air strikes and take buddies into battle with you. You can attack other peoples mother base , build your own motherbase from the ground up and train your troops. You can do a tonne of stuff and his robotic arm is customisable with different stiff like one shocks etc.

On top of that it is open world and has multiple new things , so it is far from a silly 3rd person shooter. Considering the cqc options and other stuff it is gona be badass , i don't get the hate.

The Final Offer

I think when it comes to such details you are better off asking someone who could afford to buy games after MGS2. I am currently only following the story and only vaguely the gameplay.
But I put some effort and found that wiki article lists a nice collection of weaponry and says that in Phantom pain weapons can be developed, customized and upgraded via the R&D (Research&Development, I guess).
Also, if one would judge by Peace Walker, there is always a chance Kojima might throw in a treat.

Now that's what I wanted to see! Hype meter is at 10!

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Dude, I'm having to change my pants every time I see more on this game I'm nerdgasming so much.

I already told friends I'll be attacking their base killing their dudes. You are not safe @TWOxACROSS :sneaky:

Also, WE CAN GET A FREAKING DOG!

I'm gonna like, no life this game building my mother base and all. I hope my girlfriend will understand lol.

ItWasAnEggTimer

Same as it ever was
I feel bad for "Big Boss," since he says he doesn't like that name, because he got it by killing the Boss.

And people use that name for him all the time. :thumbsdown:

Top Bottom