• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Metal Gear Solid: Rising is less story, more action

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Anybody who’s played Metal Gear Solid 4 knows that for every bit of stealth action follows an even longer “bit” of cutscenes, with the longest scene clocking in at over ninety minutes. Metal Gear Solid: Rising, on the other hand, won’t follow that style, according to director Shigenobu Matsuyama.

“I’m not saying the story is not important, but that was specifically tailored by Hideo Kojima. Since I’m not him, I’m not going to base my game on a very heavy scene. The story will not be in the center. It’s more katana action. I have to play a different style,” he told Eurogamer during a recent interview.

He added: “Don’t get me wrong, the story will be there, because I believe a good-quality story background will always be needed in these kind of titles.”

Good to know that we’ll get the best of both worlds, then.

Guess this means we will get more action than story, and perhaps this will appeal to MGS fans who dislikes heavy story cutscenes and stuff. For me, this is a nice change, and hopefully, the game will be awesome. :D

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
MGS4 was the closing of a Saga so the amount of cutscenes was understandable.I love the fact that the story will still be there,but the Action will make the story flow more subtly.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
I don't care what percentage of what is there...I really just want to precision cut someone's face off.

Top Bottom