• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Metal Gear Rising’s lead platform is PlayStation 3

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Platinum Games producer Atsushi Inaba has clarified a few development aspects ofMetal Gear Risingon Twitter tonight (1,2,3).

PlayStation 3 is the lead platform for Rising, as it will be for all titles developed at Platinum Games. Bayonetta was developed on Xbox 360 at Platinum Games, then ported to PlayStation 3 by Sega. After the bad reception, Platinum Games redesigned its engine for multiplatform development. With Vanquish, PlayStation 3 was the lead platform. This was done to ensure there are little to no differences between the two versions.

In yesterday’s “The Truth Behind Rising” interview video, the Xbox 360 controllers you saw in the video are connected to the PCs on their development system. It is easier for developers to use Xbox 360 controllers on PC than PlayStation 3 controllers, because they natively connect.

Thanks,NeoGAF.

Source: http://gematsu.com/2011/12/metal-gear-risings-lead-platform-is-playstation-3

For those who want to see INTERVIEW: The Truth Behind RISING, look here:

I can see Hideo Kojima's disappointment in the staff in Kojima Productions for unable to deliver the promises of Metal Gear Solid: Rising by his eyes and speech. I am pretty glad that Hideo Kojima asked Platinum Games to develop the game while Kojima Productions will handle the storyline. Deadly combo of my two favourite Japanese developers.

Top Bottom