• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Mediocre Video game series

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I'm talking here about game series which does not choose a pattern but instead falls into the cesspool of mediocrity and hype

there are many game sequels which capitalizes and mostly if not atleast provides you a better experience then you had with the original for ex:Batman Arkham city

but it isn't the same with every other game and that's why i made this thread to talk about games which never really developed

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
They're mediocre to me.
Final Fantasy and Street Fighter.
I just don't see their 'pull', and i do think they are over hyped. Especially Street Fighter and the way Capcom have 'milked' the franchise.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
They're mediocre to me.
Final Fantasy and Street Fighter.
I just don't see their 'pull', and i do think they are over hyped. Especially Street Fighter and the way Capcom have 'milked' the franchise.

I definitely have to agree on SF series its over-glorified fighter with button-mashing awkward gameplay

Final fantasy i have to say they're pretty much heard everywhere like "holy grail of RPG's" or something

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Different heroes, different stories, different villains, different areas, I mean it's a great series because it looks like your always getting something new added.
Whereas StreetFigher if you've played one then you've played them all.

I have to be crazy here to say this but i literally prefer Final fantasy 2d games over FF7 (yeah the milestone of ps1 blah blah) and Final fantasy X ps2

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Assassin creed series...

images

This was one of the first next-gen games I've played i brought this game when i saw this trailer

I was like ''OMG this going to be BEST GAME EVER'' but the game ended up being too short and kinda repetitive

But still it had some really innovative cool concepts and untapped potential as great the sequel was it really left many of those concepts of AC buried :-

1) Synchronization of memories - this really made you feel like you're re-living the past and the more memories you unlock the more you know about him but in AC it acts like a whole frigging campaign for Ezio he even uses health potion&bullcrap

2) Atmosphere of being an assassin - only the first game has it.. its the most vital part of any game
those awkward unnecessary interactions just kills the whole 'assassin' thing in AC2 you just go fearlessly and kill a battalion but in AC1 you actually tried to outrun them

3) The whole story being a mystery and interesting - In AC2 it lost this in-between mediocre acting&awkward plot progression

4) The game being a challenge - Honestly i found AC2 to be a cake-walk and still there's a bazillions of stuff to help you out

5) The Whole Assassins Creed !! - IN AC2 there is not frigging creed he just magically wears superhero tights and becomes 'assassin' WTF ? Whereas in the first game there's a creed where he works for
A mysterious creed and whole 'Order of the Assassins' was really an interesting concept

6) The gameplay being any fun - IMO the whole game series seems to be a complete whackjob in this department all there is to gamepaly is just counter&attack no matter how they distract us with story cutscenes/side missions/Beautiful scenery the gameplay is still shallow and unchallenging even in power rangers the enemies gang up on you but in AC2 only one guard attacks you

actually I loved the part of gliding in AC2 but sadly it was the only 'wow' thing in the whole gameplay i seriously pity this series for people over-hyping AC3 even though it has 0.00 % substance in its gameplay

those annoying 'dress me up' and 'mercenary weapon shop' is a totally unnecessary part of this kind of game where you 'Assassinate'

Top Bottom