• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Maybe someone here knows about Chrome

berto

I Saw the Devil
Something really weird happened last night to my browser. I closed it once and the next time I opened it all of the elements got smaller. The tabs are small now, so are the icons in my bookmark bar and the folders for my bookmarks are suddenly very tiny. I had to tell it to zoom in on websites again since it went back to %100, which is so small it's unreadable. I can't find anything on the settings besides the font size and that did nothing.
Little help?

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
That's weird - I won't pretend to know anything about this but having googled it, there are a number of people out there experiencing similar issues at times. But it seems to depend heavily on what OS you are using, whether you are using a tablet or computer, and certain updates/settings.

If you're just on a standard computer with nothing fancy mucking about with your system...I'm not sure. Are you able to take a screenshot?

P.S. If the problem is resolved, please pretend I did something useful. Makes me feel special.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I googled it too. It's called HiDPI support. They just released an update where the high DPI support has changed its location. It used to me located in the flags section of chrome but was moved to a weird place. Rather than scale chrome up so it doesn't look tiny that feature has been hidden and I've tried every solution that's been listed and none work.
I changed the high-dpi-support valeu in the registry editor to 1 and it resets to 2 when chrome restarts.
I added /high-dpi-support=1 /force-device-scale-factor=1 to the Target under the shortcut tab.
Looked under the chrome//flags, nothing there anymore.
I tried one or two other things but nothing seems to work. I think I'll just switch to FireFox. Damn. I have way too much set up on Chrome, it's ganna take forever. That and FireFox doesn't translate.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Kill it with fire?

From what I could see, lots of people were finding all the "fixes" unsuitable too. Save all your bookmarks and shizzle and import them over to your new browser of choice. It could be that Chrome fixes it properly during their next update or whatever and then you can switch back.

Also worth noting: I have about as much experience with computers as hamsters do with driving juggernauts.

Top Bottom