• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Martial Law? What per say is it?

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Yeah I recently heard from articles and even videos (some more credible than others) that it was leaked by US soldiers and its been going around that the US may in fact activate a martial law bill soon.

I know a lot about it such as the military is more involved with more civil or public affairs functioning as public defense and even in natural disasters.

I've per say never heard it mentioned in the media or news but on the internet so I'm not so sure if its actually accurate or true Obama or the US government wants to pass a martial law nor do I see a good reason for them to do so unless he (Obama) wants to control the public when they attempt to outrage if he ever attempts to attack Syria...not sure.

Can someone please explain more about the situation (is its an actual thing) and more about this martial law. I'll like to understand the situation a bit better.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
It seems for now that this talk of martial law is only on the internet. I haven't heard about it on any of the news channels yet.

At the moment, the US is not under martial law. There's no militarily enforced curfew or the other things that come with it.

The only reason I could see it happening is if there is a war with Syria. Then martial law would be sold to the public as a form of protection for their own good.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
It seems for now that this talk of martial law is only on the internet. I haven't heard about it on any of the news channels yet.

At the moment, the US is not under martial law. There's no militarily enforced curfew or the other things that come with it.

The only reason I could see it happening is if there is a war with Syria. Then martial law would be sold to the public as a form of protection for their own good.

Do you think if martial law is implemented due to a war on Syria would really be for our own good or just to subdue the rebelling masses?

Do you think there will be a war on Syria?

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Do you think if martial law is implemented due to a war on Syria would really be for our own good or just to subdue the rebelling masses?

Do you think there will be a war on Syria?
I'd say a bit of both. Clearly a lot of the public is not happy with this war. They're still dealing with the loss and fiasco of going to Irak and Afganistan. So they could use martial law to quieten people down, but sell it to the people as being for their own protection.

They could also be honestly concerned about what would happen if war was declared. Russia won't be happy, I don't think China would be either, and considering the tension already there between these countries and US, who knows what would happen. Then there's this talk of US internal terrorism as retaliation for going to Syria.

As for whether there will be war...I'm not sure. The US administration does seem to want to act one way or the other, even if the people are not happy with this.
However, the UN is still trying for a peaceful solution with emphasis on humanitarian aid rather than military action while they carry out their investigation into what is going on in Syria. It's not like US could go and ignore the UN without serious international implications and sanctions.

I hope there won't be war because there could be unforseen consequences, and there will be a lot of lives lost on all sides. There's already too much death.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I'd say a bit of both. Clearly a lot of the public is not happy with this war. They're still dealing with the loss and fiasco of going to Irak and Afganistan. So they could use martial law to quieten people down, but sell it to the people as being for their own protection.

They could also be honestly concerned about what would happen if war was declared. Russia won't be happy, I don't think China would be either, and considering the tension already there between these countries and US, who knows what would happen. Then there's this talk of US internal terrorism as retaliation for going to Syria.

As for whether there will be war...I'm not sure. The US administration does seem to want to act one way or the other, even if the people are not happy with this.
However, the UN is still trying for a peaceful solution with emphasis on humanitarian aid rather than military action while they carry out their investigation into what is going on in Syria. It's not like US could go and ignore the UN without serious international implications and sanctions.

I hope there won't be war because there could be unforseen consequences, and there will be a lot of lives lost on all sides. There's already too much death.

I hope we can avoid a war too for the sake of peace. I' sure we can avoid war and come up with a better solution but FOR SOME GOD FORSAKEN REASON Obama seems really dedicated of going to war especially since he is trying to get Putin on his side.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I hope we can avoid a war too for the sake of peace. I' sure we can avoid war and come up with a better solution but FOR SOME GOD FORSAKEN REASON Obama seems really dedicated of going to war especially since he is trying to get Putin on his side.
There has been a lot of tention between US and Russia for decades, but maybe there is hope for peace.

This is written by Putin about Syria to America.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/12/o...from-russia-on-syria.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

The guy seems to want peace and emphasises how taking military action will not only impact Syria but the whole world also in ways that we cannot see yet.

I hope that those in power in America do not push for war. America is already unpopular on the world stage, being likened to the Team America film because they seem like world police. Taking military action against Syria will only make the American image worse.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
There has been a lot of tention between US and Russia for decades, but maybe there is hope for peace.

This is written by Putin about Syria to America.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/12/o...from-russia-on-syria.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

The guy seems to want peace and emphasises how taking military action will not only impact Syria but the whole world also in ways that we cannot see yet.

I hope that those in power in America do not push for war. America is already unpopular on the world stage, being likened to the Team America film because they seem like world police. Taking military action against Syria will only make the American image worse.

I hope so bu it seems America is only run by chimps who don't understand anymore and we thought Obama would be different. He might even be worse than Bush, at least in Bush's case he was an genuine idiot.

Now there I go exaggerating the situation but I'm truely moved by Putin's words but still don't 100% trust him. Its funny when you have to rely on another country/government, let alone Russia, to help our country make a sound decision.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I hope so bu it seems America is only run by chimps who don't understand anymore and we thought Obama would be different. He might even be worse than Bush, at least in Bush's case he was an genuine idiot.

Now there I go exaggerating the situation but I'm truely moved by Putin's words but still don't 100% trust him. Its funny when you have to rely on another country/government, let alone Russia, to help our country make a sound decision.
Yep it does say something when a guy who's country has had a difficult relationship with America in the past is trying to find a peaceful soultion. I want to believe his is being sincere.

From an outsider's perspective, it's not just the people running America, but the American people also. They've become so focused on arguing each other that they do not see the bigger picture.
When I see Americans trying to discuss intervention in Syria, it quickly turns into petty insults of 'you're a liberal commie idot' or 'you're a republicunt death lover'. They do not listen to each other.
It's childish that they jump to assumptions, become so insulting and then let their political affiliation get in the way of seeing the bigger picture. It is like watching ignorant children arguing. It's like that on TV debates as well. They do not want to debate, just trade insults like children.
And while they are arguing, people will be passing decision that they will have no say in because they were more focused on a petty argument.

It's a shame. The American people could do so much if they all put aside their petty political differences and worked together with one clear voice about what they want to happen. They pulled together in the past to stop slavery, to fight for independance, and the whole country came together to mourn for 9/11.
The American people should be coming together again to be decisive about the American involvment in Syria because this choice could end up having consequences that will effect their lives in a big way: Internal terrorism, martial law, more economic problems, political unrest are all things that could happen.

I just hope that one way or the other, a peaceful soultion is found before it is too late.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martial_law

hasn't happened on a national scale in the U.S since 1863 (granted, that one did last a while because half of our country tried to become another country and that never goes well.). only done in an emergency (i don't think anything less than another American Civil War would cause it on a national scale). the U.S. invading another country doesn't qualify as an emergency. if you haven't noticed we've done that a lot since WWII. in the Cold War it was to stop communism (translation: annoy the Soviet Union), now it's to stop terrorism (translation: things we call terrorism that are only occasionally actual terrorism ) something like that isn't going to have a major effect on the U.S. the U.N. will say we can't, we will do it anyway. the U.N. will complain, we will ignore them, nothing will happen because of it. some people in the U.S. will call Obama a fascist, other people will accuse those people of supporting terrorism, nothing will happen because of it. there might be a protest or two, they won't affect anything.

Top Bottom