• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

lyrics refer to in-game detail ?

CHAOSBRINGER546

its better to burn out than to fade away
Premium
was reading over a few songs this one jumped out at me its the DMC3 main theme
Praise to my father
Blessed by the water
Black night, dark sky
The devil’s cry
line 1- refering to sparda
line2-refering to the item holy water
line3-when the demon gate is opened
line4-when you beat the game kill the demons etc... :)

anyone else agree that this kinda makes some slight sense

CHAOSBRINGER546

Premium
I've pondered this very same question myself. But the only flaw is why would Sparda be praised in such a manner/
i dnt no it dnt make sense but if we take it in parts
1 black night dark sky
2blessed by the water
3 the devils cry
4 praise to my father
1 being the demon world entering the human world
2 being sparda stood up against the demons and use some holy water
3 the devils cried in pain and anger when sparda stood against them
4 sparda was praised for such a heroic act
just a theory lol

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
was reading over a few songs this one jumped out at me its the DMC3 main theme
Praise to my father
Blessed by the water
Black night, dark sky
The devil’s cry
line 1- refering to sparda
line2-refering to the item holy water
line3-when the demon gate is opened
line4-when you beat the game kill the demons etc... :)

anyone else agree that this kinda makes some slight sense

The line "praise to my father" doesn't really seem to fit in a game where the main charicter hates his father to the point where he denies having one in a conversation with his brother.
It would be odd for a song based on a game to mention a item with no signifigance to the plot.
The color of the sky doesn't really have anything to do with a portal to hell.
"The devil's cry" is an obvious reference to the title of the game. The other lines don't really seem to have anything to do with anything.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
The line "praise to my father" doesn't really seem to fit in a game where the main charicter hates his father to the point where he denies having one in a conversation with his brother.

On the other hand, the antagonist started all that, because he wanted his father's power.
As for Dante "hating" father, I think you assume a bit much. He certainly showed no interest in talking about him at the beginning of the game, but at that point he had zero interest in pretty much anything. The whole game is about how Dante finally realizes the importance of family and responsibilities. At the end of the game, he seems fairly proud that he inherited the soul of Sparda and seems quite sad that his twin doesn't share his views.

Railazel

To clarify on all points, the song was made for the game specifically, so of course there were details of the game inside the lyrics in the form of vague, yet poetic phrases.

In this case, "Praise to my father" refers to the Legend of Sparda, not Sparda being praised. "Blessed by the water" refers to the blood sacrificed in the sealings of Temen- Ni- Gru. "Blessed" possibly refers to Lady's ancestor, the priestess who was sacrificed, with the word referrencing the fact that she was a "holy" priestess. It may also refer to the fact that Sparda, and only Sparda, became famous for the sacrifices he made to seal the demons. "Black night, dark sky/The devil's cry" refers to DMC3's plot being the unsealing of Temen- Ni- Gru and the arrival of the demonic army that once tried to take over the Human world. So this part of the song is talking about the fated cycle of DMC3, the repeat of an old tragedy.

CHAOSBRINGER546

Premium
It would be odd for a song based on a game to mention a item with no signifigance to the plot.
The color of the sky doesn't really have anything to do with a portal to hell.
"The devil's cry" is an obvious reference to the title of the game. The other lines don't really seem to have anything to do with anything.
maybe the main character has nothing to do with the song maybe its about the history of teminigru and what sparda done lol

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
If you are talking about "Taste The blood" yes, it was made for the game, there was absolutely no media that used it nor no records of it before the game came out

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
the entire song is for the game.....was made specifically for the game...and refers TO the game...every line in that song fits with the game

Top Bottom