• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Lowell

Ana

I apologize for making a new thread for something so lame, but what exactly was this dude's first name?

Mostly, I see it as Aeron, but on Hulu, it's Al(l)an.

---> For something completely different:
How's that for wasted potential? The man could bind and control any demon short of Demon King level, without apparently turning evil or becoming a demon himself... and we never hear of this again. Why do we have no allies like him? I want a kick-ass magic user!

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Its not like we got any thing else to do.

Just go with Alan.

that would require that DMC be done with people that have imaginations and know what they are doing.

Ana

Its not like we got any thing else to do.

Just go with Alan.

that would require that DMC be done with people that have imaginations and know what they are doing.

That is so depressing. All of it.

ZeroLove

In English he's called Alan, but "L" in Japanese is pronounced as an "R" so if you have seen it in Japanese, they would most likely have said Aran which would sound like Aeron as you thought his name might be. I hope that helped. ^^

Ana

The problem here is that neither means anything in particular, so we can't even make a reasonable guess.His family doesn't offer any hints either (Patty, Nina, Alan don't have anything in common, really).

Not that "reasonable guess" is every really helpful (lookin' at you Nelo Angelo, Berial).

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
The problem here is that neither means anything in particular, so we can't even make a reasonable guess.His family doesn't offer any hints either (Patty, Nina, Alan don't have anything in common, really).

Not that "reasonable guess" is every really helpful (lookin' at you Nelo Angelo, Berial).

Should this be like Charmed where every member of the family has a name that starts with the letter P?

I think in english its Alan.

Ana

Should this be like Charmed where every member of the family has a name that starts with the letter P?

I think in english its Alan.

It would help if there was some connection. Like, they're all saints or famous occultists or something.

I'll accept Alan. I don't have a problem with it, but it would have been nice to know for sure.

(On the subject of weird names, Abigail!? I think it might a convoluted reference to a Final Fight character who references a music album, but still.)

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
It would help if there was some connection. Like, they're all saints or famous occultists or something.

I'll accept Alan. I don't have a problem with it, but it would have been nice to know for sure.

(On the subject of weird names, Abigail!? I think it might a convoluted reference to a Final Fight character who references a music album, but still.)

This series's naming has been all over the place.
Who names their kid Arham?

Ana

This series's naming has been all over the place.
Who names their kid Arham?

Yeah, the Batman reference was very out of place.

He was originally supposed to be "Hyne" - which I can't find anywhere but must mean something. It's also the name of the legendary creator/savior figure in Final Fantasy VIII. The closest I could ever find was the (famous?) poet Heinrich Heine (pronounced the same). Also, it could be an Old English way of saying "him"...

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I prefer arkham to hyne, to be honest.

I'm not against a witch joining the team as we need some more characters with a unique pitch.

I wonder if patty has similar powers.

Ana

I prefer arkham to hyne, to be honest.

I'm not against a witch joining the team as we need some more characters with a unique pitch.

I wonder if patty has similar powers.

I'm of two minds. On the one hand, having someone not Dante be playable seems against tradition and how things should be (hello, Lucia), but on the other, I want to see more memorable, important characters in DMC. Characters who can do something without relying on Dante. Also, I would prefer some awesome humans - besides Lady. I'm all for a witch and an alchemist and a holy knight, anything.

Patty doesn't seem to actually have any powers of her own. She just has the other ancestral amulet. I think her family has long since stopped actually doing anything other than guarding the pendant thing.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm of two minds. On the one hand, having someone not Dante be playable seems against tradition and how things should be (hello, Lucia), but on the other, I want to see more memorable, important characters in DMC. Characters who can do something without relying on Dante. Also, I would prefer some awesome humans - besides Lady. I'm all for a witch and an alchemist and a holy knight, anything.

Patty doesn't seem to actually have any powers of her own. She just has the other ancestral amulet. I think her family has long since stopped actually doing anything other than guarding the pendant thing.

I'm not against newer characters be playable but i think you would have to give them some connectin to dante.

That was wasted potential.

Ana

I'm not against newer characters be playable but i think you would have to give them some connectin to dante.

That was wasted potential.

The whole anime is a study in wasted potential. I don't even care that much that it was episodic, based on "small fry" missions, but the missions themselves were so lame and boring...

I think it might be better if other playable characters were unlockable or sort of side stories.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
The whole anime is a study in wasted potential. I don't even care that much that it was episodic, based on "small fry" missions, but the missions themselves were so lame and boring...

I think it might be better if other playable characters were unlockable or sort of side stories.

To be honest, I thinking basing the anime after DMC1 was a bad move since i find the post DMc3 era more fun to work with.

I do think the main problem was that there was no thematic subplot to go thru. i think patty was meant to be his surrrogate daughter and there were a lot of story potential you can do with that. Serious **** like wondering whether or not he should teach her how to fight demons or stupid stuff like him having to deal with student teacher conferences.

Ana

To be honest, I thinking basing the anime after DMC1 was a bad move since i find the post DMc3 era more fun to work with.

I do think the main problem was that there was no thematic subplot to go thru. i think patty was meant to be his surrrogate daughter and there were a lot of story potential you can do with that. Serious **** like wondering whether or not he should teach her how to fight demons or stupid stuff like him having to deal with student teacher conferences.

If not for Trish, we wouldn't even be able to tell when it took place. We still can't really tell...

Patty is the token loli. That's really all the reasoning necessary. I honestly don't think expecting something serious is worth the effort (it's just not that kind of series), but what bothers me is that we didn't even get anything really cool for our time. I mean, the demons were forgettable, the humans even more so, and we're still back to Dante being the only thing standing between humankind and complete annihilation. I get that he's the hero, but is Lady really the only other demon hunter out there?

We still don't even know whether ordinary people know about demons. Just, that. Really.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
If not for Trish, we wouldn't even be able to tell when it took place. We still can't really tell...

Patty is the token loli. That's really all the reasoning necessary. I honestly don't think expecting something serious is worth the effort (it's just not that kind of series), but what bothers me is that we didn't even get anything really cool for our time. I mean, the demons were forgettable, the humans even more so, and we're still back to Dante being the only thing standing between humankind and complete annihilation. I get that he's the hero, but is Lady really the only other demon hunter out there?

We still don't even know whether ordinary people know about demons. Just, that. Really.

Eh, even if it was after the post DmC3 period, I think they still drop the ball with the show cause there is a lot you could with that period.

To be honest, them not wanting to try hard to give me something different or show me what can be done with the series gives me reason not to support them or this series anymore.

This anime and 4 has made me wary of anything done by Hiiroyuki kobayashi.

I just want to see this series and other series out there by someone willing to show me what can be done, not by someone who wants to phone it in.

In hionestly, the reboot seems like a welcome change from this.

Ana

Eh, even if it was after the post DmC3 period, I think they still drop the ball with the show cause there is a lot you could with that period.

To be honest, them not wanting to try hard to give me something different or show me what can be done with the series gives me reason not to support them or this series anymore.

This anime and 4 has made me wary of anything done by Hiiroyuki kobayashi.

I just want to see this series and other series out there by someone willing to show me what can be done, not by someone who wants to phone it in.

In hionestly, the reboot seems like a welcome change from this.

I like the idea of a reboot. I like reboots in general. But I don't like the style of the reboot we're actually getting. It's too... nitty-gritty? Not fitting with my conceptions of the series? Something.

It doesn't help that we still know next to nothing about what is actually going on in DmC.

On the other hand, fanart has been bringing me around to the new Dante.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I like the idea of a reboot. I like reboots in general. But I don't like the style of the reboot we're actually getting. It's too... nitty-gritty? Not fitting with my conceptions of the series? Something.

It doesn't help that we still know next to nothing about what is actually going on in DmC.

On the other hand, fanart has been bringing me around to the new Dante.

Well, New Dante seems too pedestrian for me. Too much like a regular guy.

Dante is going against a living city. That is awesome.

fanart makes everything better.

On topic, what should have been done in patty?

To answer your comment on other playable characters, they should be 100% different from Dante.
Wielding two guns and a sword is cool when less people do it.

Ana

Well, New Dante seems too pedestrian for me. Too much like a regular guy.

On topic, what should have been done in patty?

It's just not the same without the red coat. I can get over the black hair, but the red coat-!

For Patty, I thought it would have been nice to play up the whole "famous alchemist descendant" thing and maybe what her mom Nina said, about being able to defeat lower demons if she carried the amulet for a little while longer. (Also, she had the thing for years. Longer than that?!) I would personally have liked to see her study a bit of alchemy herself, maybe without much success, but still.

I didn't really have a problem with her role as such, but the thing with her necklace came out of nowhere in the last episode.

Top Bottom