• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Lord of Arcana - A new SquareEnix IP - MonHun clone?

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
http://www.siliconera.com/2010/06/29/lord-of-arcana-is-a-multiplayer-action-game-from-square-enix/

A new action title is bound to get released by SquareEnix called Lord of the Arcana.Cool name if you ask me.

The game is slated for a later date this year and seems to be SE's MonHun clone.Even though it's not the Nomura team nor Cavia,I hope we get to see a decent action game.

So far the MonHun games are terrible for me,for so many reasons and the other companiew takes on the series is just as horrible[except perhaps God Eater,which was a faster copy of MonHun].Though i find it hard for SE to deliberatrlly screw up on this one.Then again...it seems to be a MonHun clone.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
This title looks good. However, between God Eater, Monster Hunter games, and this game, I say that God Eater is better since it has more accessible gameplay compared to Monster Hunter games. All Monster Hunter games are mediocre games. However, this Lord of Arcana may surpass God Eater and Monster Hunter games due to slightly nicer graphics and hopefully, the gameplay. Anyone who is lokking forward to God Eater's English release, rejoice as the game will be released in third quarter of 2010 (Q3 2010).

Good find, Devil Bane. :)

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Thank god ,somebody sees the truth about the MonHun games.Oh,god.I was going to go crazy.

And you are welcome.If this involves high speed fighting[I see from the scans we can "upgrade the player" with more than armour and weapons(levels?) and we seem to have skil sets apart from the normal attack string] and real,non-timed free time exploration and monster slaying.I'll be head over heels for this game.But only then.

Meg

I don't know I played a Monster Hunter game and I thought it was pretty good. For awhile....before I got tired of it. Anyway. I don't know about this new game. Its a Square game so expect flashy graphics and up-its-own-buttness.

Top Bottom