• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Loki incarnations

What is your favorite incarnation of Loki

• Original myths Guile Anti Hero

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Later myths manipulative bastard

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Marvel Comics Chessmaster

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
What is your favorite version of Loki?

Personally, I perfer the original myths lying trickster who was nonetheless loyal to his father. He knew that he was half Jotun (frost giant) yet chose to embrace his father's Aesir side. It helps that he pretty much invented sarcasm. Whenever I write Loki, I give him these traits, but I will admit to making him a little hot blooded (no pun intended) during more dramatic moments.

lines to prove my statement: (all from a story I'm re-writing called Deicide: Vallhalla and Olympus)

Loki: (being held at arrowpoint by Apollo and Artemis after Apollo says "Any last words to save yourself?") Just three. "Artemis, how's Orion?" (smirks as Artemis punches both him and her brother before storming off)

Loki: (to Hiemdall after his loyalty is questioned.) I may have been born a Jotun, but I chose to be an Aesir!

Loki: (after Thor says he has an idea) Will wonders never cease?

Autumn

Welcome to my world....
I'm a bit confused by the options.

Marvel Loki- Yeah, that one I get it.

Original Myths and Later myths..? Could you explain these a bit for me?
I've read the Prose Edda, is this what you mean by older myths? Or is this later myths? I'm pretty sure that Loki's parent were both Frost Giants in that collection.

TerrorA

In some translations of the earlier myths, Loki's father Faubati was implied to be an incarnation of Odin, while in others he's just a Jotun. I like the first one because it explains why Loki acts like Odin (manipulative, clever, seriously "gets around")

Anyway, the prose edda's kind of middleground for me, since you can see some Christian influences in it, but not as much as the ones that come later

A prime example would be Baldur, who in the Gesta Dauldum was an evil little asshole who ended up getting killed by a human with the sword Mistletyne, but in later myths is Norse Jesus who's death kickstarts the countdown to Ragnarok.

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
I like his incarnation on Valkyrie Profile, he shares some traits with the mythological Loki but has an evil mind behind his tricks and treacherys.

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
What is this game and who do I kill to get it?

This game is for PSX! It's an RPG, i don't know if you like RPGs, but it's a great quality RPG (both in story and gameplay, including characters and level designs). But i should warn you that Loki is barely mentioned in the beginning to the middle of the game, but he plays an important role while going to the end of the story.

EDIT: Here's two videos with some gameplay

TerrorA

This game is for PSX! It's an RPG, i don't know if you like RPGs, but it's a great quality RPG (both in story and gameplay, including characters and level designs). But i should warn you that Loki is barely mentioned in the beginning to the middle of the game, but he plays an important role while going to the end of the story.

Awesome. I love RPGs.

Autumn

Welcome to my world....
Oh can we make a list of Loki incarnations in modern media too?

There’s Mystical Detective Loki Ragnarok (from Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mythical_Detective_Loki_Ragnarok)

Loki, the Norse god of mischief, has been exiled to the human world by the god Odin for reasons that he doesn't understand. Along with being exiled, Loki is forced to take the form of a human child, and the only way he can return to the realm of the gods is by collecting the evil auras which take over human hearts. In order to do this, he starts a detective agency which specializes in the paranormal. Loki is assisted by his loyal companion Yamino and the pair are soon joined by a human girl named Mayura who is manic for mysteries and often unwittingly assists him in catching the auras. As time passes, however, other Norse gods and characters appear, some of whom befriend Loki and others of whom are intent on assassinating him.

Been meaning to give it a look but haven't had a chance yet :/

Has anyone actually read any of the Thor comics?

Top Bottom