• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Lock on

Boba_buster

do people actually use the new manual lock on? It was the one thing that bugged me the most on the original , but now I'm wondering if I wouldn't do better with out it considering the game was built to not include it?

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
i don't really understand the topic, but what i can say is that with such gameplay and mechanic and like you said that the game was built to not include it, a lock-on is really not needed, wether it's manual or --eh, auto?

especially for people who're already got the hang of the original..

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
Basically wat I'm asking is do ppl actually use it or not?

judging from youtube videos, they're actually using it, most of em even.. man, this somehow breaks my own opinion, gonna look em videos again.. you own the game?

EDIT : eh, it's a tie actually, some uses some don't.. but yeah, people uses it

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
Short answer, yes.

Long answer, as much as I would with any other game in the franchise, not like I need it at all times and in reality I only use it once or twice during any given fight plus when stinger or high time but having it at all is a huge help when needed if I do want to keep focus on the one dude in the crowd.

Boba_buster

Playing thru sos with Dante and Vergil now , man this game is slow and laggy , the controls are very unresponsive,

berto

I Saw the Devil
Playing thru sos with Dante and Vergil now , man this game is slow and laggy , the controls are very unresponsive,
Vanilla or Definitive? Because if you got definitive turning on Turbo makes a huge difference.

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
I barely use the lock on mode.

I play the definitive edition only on turbo mode.

But I have to admit, it's been a while since I really sat down to play DmC. A few months ago, I would sink hours and hours into DmC every single day. But my current plan is to not do that and just cherish the hours I do play. :) So I play 1 mission a day, and after finishing it (again) I'll just leave it at that for a while.

Boba_buster

I I jus mean revert to the vannila controls with r1 being a evade move as well , but after some thought I like the regular hold style

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
I I jus mean revert to the vannila controls with r1 being a evade move as well , but after some thought I like the regular hold style

You can assign the controls yourself if you don't want to use it. I have my lock on assigned to L3, which I barely use.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
I use it, and I keep moves like stinger and flush for example set so they can be performed both ways, just to give myself options.

Boba_buster

Ok so u can choose no lock on in the control configuration. So what I've done is started with the no lock original config and added lock on to the down button on the d pad , then I set the lock option to toggle so I don't have to hold it down while I play , so I have both my evade buttons and still have lock on for ease of stinger etc.

Top Bottom