• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Let's Write Devil May Cry 5!

Do You Want DMC5 to Take Place Before DMC2 or After?

• Before DMC2 (Between DMC4-2)

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Before DMC2 (Between DMC1-4)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • After DMC2

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

TheDarkSlayer

Gilver FTW!
As we all know, the original Devil May Cry franchise was rebooted in 2010, leaving a lot of questions unanswered. This is an attempt to write a script for a fifth game that will hopefully answer all of those questions. As you can see, there's a poll above this message, regarding DMC2. As we all know, DMC2 wasn't exactly the best game in the series, and it left us with some sort of an open-end. Even though the post-credits scene suggests that Dante did come back from hell, it is still not 100% certain. Please vote whether or not you'd like this issue to be addressed in the script (i.e. if you want the game to take place after DMC2 of before DMC2).

Also, please write all unanswered questions you can think of in a comment below. Once we're done with this, I'll create a new thread asking you how would you like to answer those questions. Then, I will create another thread, letting the people vote which answers are their favourites.

These are the questions I came up with:
1. How's Nero related to Sparda?
2. What happened to Vergil after DMC1?
3. Why didn't Trish assist Dante in DMC2?
4. Who is stronger - Dante or Sparda?
5. Dante's past as Tony Redgrave isn't exactly clear, seeing that the first DMC novel isn't completely cannon as it has Vergil possessed by (probably) Mundus, yet in DMC3 he is completely fine.

I am sure that there are more, but I can't come up with any other questions as of now.

Let's make it happen! Please, write down your questions!
We should be able to eventually come up with a fan-made DMC5 story!

DjRunza

Mercenary of Darkness
Hey TheDarkSlayer, this is very interesting thread I must say. In fact, I actually have my own ideas of my storyline for the future Devil May Cry game unless Ninja Theory is finally done with their DmC reboot thingy. Now back to the topic, personally, I think Devil May Cry 5 should tell a story about the Legendary Dark Knight Sparda and I came up with an idea with the name for Devil May Cry 5 would be "Devil May Cry 5: The Tale Of Sparda". Some of my ideas of the storyline are about how Sparda actually betrayed his own kind and species called as "Demons", how Sparda betrayed his former Lord Mundus, how does he fall in love with the beautiful creatures called as "Humanity", how Sparda met Baul & Modeus for the first time, how Sparda got his two guns of "Luce & Ombra", how he received "Yamato" sword in the first place, where's the place that Sparda met his lover, Eva, as well as many other questions and answers are about to be revealed in the storyline. You can check out my latest thread in this forum "Devil May Cry 5: The Tale Of Sparda". I also came up with a cover artwork box inside the thread itself. Please do check it out. :D

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
i think that it would be best to just stick to the present for DMC5 and avoid jumping around the timeline too much. My friend pointed out that's a sure sign they don't know where they are going.

the thing is the time-line isn't set in stone as we dont know the exact distance between each game or story plus we dont exactly know why Dante went as quiet as he did so you can bring in whatever you want as a excuse.

so in my head its a game that definetely tells you alot about the series therefore earning the name revelations.

Top Bottom