• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Let's Talk!

Meg

Like my previous Let's Discuss threads, let's talk! :D Let's have a conversation discussing different subjects. Feel free to propose your own questions for people to state their opinion on.

I'll start:

Do you think how well a team does can effect how well they will do in the future? Let's take the Washington Nationals baseball team as an example. Let's face it, they suck. Jayson Werth sucks despite the fact that he was great on the Phillies (a very good team). Is the reason why the team sucks because they are so used to sucking? Like, is it maybe a subconscious thing that because they have such a hard time winning games that it impacts their performance to a point where they just suck even more? Or are they really just not any good?

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I'm not familiar with baseball teams. But!
Do you think how well a team does can effect how well they will do in the future?
Nope. I do think how well a team does can effect how badly they do in the future. They tend to get comfortable and cocky when they're on a winning streak, and in doing so they underestimate opposing teams (especially the ones that have a record of not doing that well) - and then they get their butts handed back to them, with some interest. Why? Because they didn't try as hard as always, they don't put as much effort into their practice runs as per usual because they already feel they're at the top of their game.

This is just in relation to gaming (as in, gamers) and rugby. The same doesn't apply to all sports and teams, though. Our local karate teams back home - they all give 120% in every test/match. They kick ass, period, because each individual has to give it their all to pull through for their team. If one doesn't pull his weight, the whole team suffers. And the fighters who do think they're 'it' often get some sense knocked into them by their opponents, so martial art teams are a bit more fickle than other contact sports teams... probably because they have more self-discipline than the average hotheaded rugby player. >.<

Reactions: Meg

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
they suck because the mlb does their best to control which teams are good and which are bad. by adjusting team budgets and authorizing trades they make a bad team good to renew interest in the sport.

example: the phillies historically had the worst record in the entire sport, but then became the best in their division practically overnight.

example: its commonly thought that the new york yankees have a larger budget because they win often and have an all star team, but really it's the other way around. if you wanted your sport to be followed in any city in the US, which would it be? New York City. That's why they have such a high profile team.

Meg

Good point's guys! Of course I don't mean just baseball, but all sports teams. I like what you said about getting hotheaded, DS. I hadn't thought of that, but I think you may be right!

Top Bottom