• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Let's talk about the Tokusatsu genre

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
From mine pov somehow maybe answer will be funny but what if next KR series will use energy drinks or drinks as transform device lol.
After Ex-Aid, I guess nothing is really impossible. I've kinda fallen out of love with recent Kamen Rider and haven't really been keeping up.

Fortunately I have Amazons to keep me interested in the meanwhile. :thumbsup:

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I finally got caught up with Ex-Aid and I'm surprised they have toned down the multi form gimmick. That was Rider's bread and butter for a good, long while. Heck Maximum Mighty X is just the basic suit in a Megaman Mobile suit!
Ex-Aid is a little melodramatic but I think it's a fun show. The monster suits are lacking and boring however. Also Nico makes me thing wrong things due to her high heel shoes... I'm not proud of that...
Also Emu and Poppy better become a couple otherwise I'll rage. Rage I say damn it!

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
18951043_1687346484892705_8834414366662469483_n.jpg

be all well ready for that KR Ex aid movie as it add also 2 new riders but sadly these will be movie only, i seen both how they look on FB too much material to post again

BTW. New kamen rider confirmed :

Last edited:

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Is this movie supposed to be the typical KR movie or is it supposed to be an actual ending to Ex-Aid proper? Or God forbid, it's like the Ryuki Movie where it completely rewrites the series ending?

I'm all caught up with Kyuranger now too. I gotta say, I'm really loving the hell out of it. But! The fact that changed the Kyu Globe dance ****es me off royally!

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Or God forbid, it's like the Ryuki Movie where it completely rewrites the series ending?
For what it's worth, the series heavily implies that both the movie and the TV special are "failed timelines" where things didn't turn out how Kanzaki wanted and so he used Time Vent to go back to the beginning of the Rider War and start over, with the TV Show itself being the final True Ending as the loop was broken.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
For what it's worth, the series heavily implies that both the movie and the TV special are "failed timelines" where things didn't turn out how Kanzaki wanted and so he used Time Vent to go back to the beginning of the Rider War and start over, with the TV Show itself being the final True Ending as the loop was broken.

You may indeed be right. It's been several years since I've watched Ryuki so my memory is blurry. Very blurry actually. I can only remember bits and pieces of Ryuki.

"Final Vent!"

:D

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
So is this thread only for Toei produced media, or can we discuss other tokusatsu here as well?

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
All. Toei, Toho, Whoever produces Garo and etc. Anything Tokusatsu. I used the Power Ranger name for the thread so it's easier to understand what we're nerding over.
Cool! I was actually going to bring up Garo, so I'm glad you have. :D
I love me some Super sentai/kamen rider/tokkei winspector, but Garo struck a bell with me. Maybe because it's serious, but in that tokusatsuy over the top way.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I watched original Garo and it's sequel. Oh and the series where Kouga's son took up the mantle of Underworld Knight. As well as the movies pertaining to Kouga's timeline. Also Rei is awesome. Thank Buddha his actor keeps coming back for more appearances. He is the face of Garo for me nowadays.

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
I've only seen the original and the special after it. I think Red Requiem is the next one in my list, though it's gonna be a little while before I get to that :cautious:

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
The series has really grown into it's owe since Original Garo aired. Heck I think Original Garo even got a HD re-release. But Rei ends returning the most. He's got two mini series plus his main series appearances.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
So is Leo Red getting a Super form is that our "6th Ranger?"

@Izzy Translate. Translate I say!

(Please... :unsure:)

Edit: Wait I see a new actor. 6th Ranger?! Izzy translate!

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
@lorddemolatron

Oh I'm aware of the commander and the kid being Rangers. However I was wondering if this Ranger would bring the Kyulette the chance up to six instead of five Rangers. Thus this new Ranger would be the 6th Ranger sent out on missions alongside the selected Rangers.

@Izzy

Damn it Izzy. Must you tease me. Must you? :eek:

Top Bottom