• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Lets talk about Sonic The Hedgehog.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Animated_Sonic_Hand.gif

Let's talk about everybody's favorite Blue Hedgehog shall we? :)
So who has bought Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 2? :)

sylvanas

One Hell of a Member
this reminds me about the time when i went to the Sega Republic Theme Park. Ahh so much fun...

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
One of the first games I played was Sonic CD. Owned Sonic & Knuckles for PC a bit later and then Adventure 2 later on. Right now I've got Colors though I've barely played it. Honestly, it feels like the more I played Sonic the less I enjoyed it. Now I don't understand what it was I liked in the first place.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
One of the first games I played was Sonic CD. Owned Sonic & Knuckles for PC a bit later and then Adventure 2 later on. Right now I've got Colors though I've barely played it. Honestly, it feels like the more I played Sonic the less I enjoyed it. Now I don't understand what it was I liked in the first place.

I don't want to sound like those crazy "Sonic purest's" by saying the Sega Genesis Sonic games are the best. But their is some truth when they say the newer games are not as good as the older ones.
So Mr. Cheese I would recommend you play the following Sonic games in this order.
1. Sonic The Hedgehog
2. Sonic The Hedgehog 2
3. Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles ^
4. Sonic Adventure DX: Directors Cut *
5. Sonic Adventure 2 Battle *
6. Sonic Colors (You'll grow to like it)
7. Sonic Generations

These games should aid you in liking Sonic video games.
* I recommend playing the Nintendo Game Cube versions of these two games, but the Dreamcast versions will do if that works better for you.
^ Its better to play Sonic 3 combined with Sonic & Knuckles than the two games alone. Trust me. :)

Nessy

If I had to give my honest opinion, as someone who has 100% completed all the old sonics and generations and a couple of others due to boredom, I would recommend:

Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles
Sonic Generations

What I don't like about sonic in 3d is that without memorizing the levels, any levels with bottomless drops or any other instant death mechanic may make death unavoidable.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
If I had to give my honest opinion, as someone who has 100% completed all the old sonics and generations and a couple of others due to boredom, I would recommend:

Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles
Sonic Generations

What I don't like about sonic in 3d is that without memorizing the levels, any levels with bottomless drops or any other instant death mechanic may make death unavoidable.

Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 don't suffer from bottomless pits as much as the newer games suffer from that problem.

Top Bottom