• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Let's talk about CAPCOM's unused IPs

Nelo The Great

CAPCOM has made soo many great IPs during the times of PS2 and also in the time of nintendo. But what are they thinking letting such potential go to waist? Just look at beatdown: Fists of vengance and Final fight: Streetwise. Both games released in the same year. Both games had great potential. both games will hold a special place in my heart. And yet both games recieved an average rating of 4.5/10.

Beatdown was a fresh take on a fighting game. you could wander around the city, completing missions, Gaining new party members, and fighting Everyone who refused to join. I always felt that the game wasn't done justice. It had great concepts introduced into a dark, dangerous setting. The game definitely deserves some love

Streetwise was just an all around fun game to play, for what it it, which is a rushed project that was developed in the short time of five months. I believe there's potential in the glo Monsters (or people that have taken high doses or GLO, the drug that's corrupting metro city.) I believe Streetwise would have been better off as a survival/horror title with high comedy. The combat system was good, and The characters were decent. The only thing i didn't like was that it had the feel of the original final fight. It throws everything else off.

I'd like to hear your opinions on what i have to say.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
I think Nintendo and Capcom should do something with PN03 it was a good game and it has some potential. It would be great to see it have a sequel or be remade on the Wii U. Or maybe do something with Clock tower or Dino Crisis since Capcom seems bent on destroying whatever is left of Resident evil's reputations as a Survival horror game, they could try bringing those back.

Nelo The Great

Honestly i don't trust nintendo with some of CAPCOM's IPs. Some of the more serious set games like DMC, Beatdown, Final fight, and RE would be better off to someone else. Hell, i'd love to take over the mantle on those IPs. I've been wanting to be a game dev for some time, and i have my heart set on becoming one. I want to aquire the IPs that deserved more love

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Alot of games under Nintendo were pretty good. Viewtiful Joe, and Resident evil 4 are good examples before they went cross platform. Resident evil 0 and Remake are imo 2 of the best resident evil games in the series.

Nelo The Great

Alot of games under Nintendo were pretty good. Viewtiful Joe, and Resident evil 4 are good examples before they went cross platform. Resident evil 0 and Remake are imo 2 of the best resident evil games in the series.
Viewtiful joe was a PS2 (and xbox) game

Top Bottom