• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Let's Make A DMC Game! Discussion #2: Art and Music Direction

Railazel

New week, new discussion. Though the previous discussion hasn't kicked off completely yet, I planned on putting up a new topic every week and I want to stick to that.

This week's topic is about is about Art and Music. Again, the point is to make up a team with other DMC. org members and come up with a new game for the DMC franchise. This time, the artists will be at the helm. What kind of visuality and music will you add to the franchise? Naturally, you want to be consistent in your design, so make sure you do this with respect to the themes you posted in the first discussion (if you made one up). It is good to think as if you were making the game into a picture. To help, here are some questions you can think about when creating your concepts (you can post the answers here):

• What art genre/style or music genre do you want to use for your game?
  • What is the purpose in using said style or genre?
  • How will this advance the DMC franchise and contrast its previous directions in art and music?
  • What moods are you trying to generate in your new direction?
  • How will that mood aid in the audience's exprience with the game?
  • What tones will you be using in your art and music?
  • What is the purpose of thes tones?
Here's an example of an answer for these questions:
What art style/genre or music genre do you want to use for your game? What is the purpose in using said style or genre?
I want to use Romanticism with a bit of Bande Noir and Surrealism as my art style and Ambient and Symphonic/Choral music as my primary music genres. Romanticism has a particular tone to it that is both real and surreal at the same time. Bande Noir puts dark overtones over drawn settings and Surrealism has imagery that bends both reality and the mind. Combining these not only sets up the imagery of the setting and characters in the game, but also sets the attitude of the game as dark and reflective. The choice of Ambient and Symphonic music over the Intense Metal of previous games comes from the fact that this is a different game than other DMCs. It's more reflective and aims to bring out emotions form the audience that they wouldn't suspect from a DMC game. As such, Ambience and Symphony are used to bring out and guide those emotions.

Again, I can't wait to see the kind of responses that'll be made here.

Oh, by the way, you can post fan art here if you want to examplify your ideas.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
The art I want to go for is something of the Lyon style of a city. It looks like Lyon at night or on a raining day would be a pretty intresting to fight demons in. But I also want to add a sort of Gothic vibe to the whole feel of the game, something like Gotham city in Batman. The buildings will be dark with just shattered windows here and there with the streets being almost ripped up and trash cans being torn over. The walls splattered with blood as all hope seems lost within the city. The character will find a video camera that explains how the city became how it is with someone panicing and running only to be killed as the camera shuts off.

Another place I want to add is a demon controlled city, much like DmC, however this one looks more darkly futuristic then the other areas. It will have demon influences to the design of the buildings and a sort of inhuman feel to it. Like if you went to that city, you wouldn't comeback...alive.
Here's an example;
Gothic%20City.jpg

As for music;
I want to add a mixture of Orchestra for both serious and sad times of the game, but for gameplay, a moreenergized style of metal. It felt like all the past DMC songs sound alike during gameplay besides "Lock n' Load" from DMC so I wanted music that fit each city Dante goes to. I want to have room for some other genres of music that haven't been added like Rap music or Dubstep, and even a little contry gutairing.

Railazel

The art I want to go for is something of the Lyon style of a city. It looks like Lyon at night or on a raining day would be a pretty intresting to fight demons in. But I also want to add a sort of Gothic vibe to the whole feel of the game, something like Gotham city in Batman. The buildings will be dark with just shattered windows here and there with the streets being almost ripped up and trash cans being torn over. The walls splattered with blood as all hope seems lost within the city. The character will find a video camera that explains how the city became how it is with someone panicing and running only to be killed as the camera shuts off.

Another place I want to add is a demon controlled city, much like DmC, however this one looks more darkly futuristic then the other areas. It will have demon influences to the design of the buildings and a sort of inhuman feel to it. Like if you went to that city, you wouldn't comeback...alive.
Here's an example;
Gothic%20City.jpg

As for music;
I want to add a mixture of Orchestra for both serious and sad times of the game, but for gameplay, a moreenergized style of metal. It felt like all the past DMC songs sound alike during gameplay besides "Lock n' Load" from DMC so I wanted music that fit each city Dante goes to. I want to have room for some other genres of music that haven't been added like Rap music or Dubstep, and even a little contry gutairing.

Nice, very nice.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
I don't care what the song is
As long as it is Rock and Roll
And it is made by
AxlRose20SOHOT.jpg

Reunite these two geniuses.
The art should be Dark, but a light dark, not grimdark. Something demonic. Similar to DMC3

Top Bottom