• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Lady is descendent of the priestesss throught Arkham

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
I've promised you in the past if I find this information, I would post it for you.
Now there it is. It was extracted from tv tropes where someone translated this material.This is from a real official book from Capcom.

Material Archive: Note of Naught, the DMC 3 artbook proves that Arkham, not Kalina Ann, is the one of Lady's parents descended from the priestess. She got her part-priestess blood through him, and he turned into a demon later on by sacrificing his perfectly normal wife.
It seems it is canon, even if canon is a thing that not really exists in DMC, even games contradicted each other.
Take this funny bit as you will.

berto

I Saw the Devil
They might contradict alot but this seems like one of the many things that still hasn't been contradicted elsewhere.

So add to this the little tidbit from ProjectXZone and I'd say alright, Good to know.

berto

I Saw the Devil
yes but he wanted the power of sparda, a far more desirable force than a priestess' devine force.

Gel

Premium
To be honest, everything on this situation is ironic, but mainly the fact Capcom had a character with solid background, a solid past and new possibilities of "upgrade", but they optioned to reduce their character to a pale and poor version of herself, just useful for a comic relief.She was essential to Dante's transformation in the past, now is just thrash.
Capcom is learning Karma is a b*tch.

Maybe very people remember this, but Lucia was very convinced herself was a priestess and all her powers and habilities were gifts from gods to help her protecting her nation.Yes, later she found out she was a demon, but if having this kind of powers didn't rise suspicion, it's pretty safe to conclude priests have some kind of special "whatever" around them in this universe. So Matier had already this kind of powers were she was young.She was a priestess herself and fight along Sparda against demons.

So Lady could be absolutely playable without being boring, but Capcom just threw it away.

Gel

Premium
To be honest, everything on this situation is ironic, but mainly the fact Capcom had a character with solid background, a solid past and new possibilities of "upgrade", but they optioned to reduce their character to a pale and poor version of herself, just useful for a comic relief.She was essential to Dante's transformation in the past, now is just thrash.

Maybe very people remember this, but Lucia was very convinced herself was a priestess and all her powers and habilities were gifts from gods to help her protecting her nation.Yes, later she found out she was a demon, but if having this kind of powers didn't rise suspicion, it's pretty safe to conclude priests have some kind of special "whatever" around them in this universe. So Matier had already this kind of powers were she was young.She was a priestess herself and fight along Sparda against demons.

So Lady could be absolutely playable without being boring, but Capcom just threw it away.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
yes but he wanted the power of sparda, a far more desirable force than a priestess' devine force.

sorry i meant he must have spend time and resources to actually track lady's mom down and woo her etc to use her blood, he could save himself the trouble.

im surprised he didn't know that he already was a descendant but then again we never learned how he found out in the first place.

technically the vie de marli was never reffered to as priestess and the fact they were part demon were in their description but i see what your saying.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
sorry i meant he must have spend time and resources to actually track lady's mom down and woo her etc to use her blood, he could save himself the trouble.

im surprised he didn't know that he already was a descendant but then again we never learned how he found out in the first place.

I think the blood must also come from someone who is pure of heart or pure and Arkham needed to corrupt his soul to become a demon so he can harness Sparda's power (and convince Vergil to join his side) so his blood would be invalid. Lady was most likely pure at......the time....due to how Arkham called her so innocent and sweet and the fact her name is Mary...Virgin Mary anyone?:p

Also, if Lady's mother was the descendant of the priest. Arkham wouldn't need Mary. All he need was the blood of his deceased wife.....unless by pure of heart or pure also meant be a virgin.

berto

I Saw the Devil

He didn't spend any time tracking her down. As far as I know he killed the woman he married not a specific woman he tracked down, wed, fathered a child with and manipulated. Since it wasn't her blood he needed he didn't have to track down a specific sacrifice to obtain his demonic powers as we once assumed, he now has gone to simply having killed his wife as a sacrifice to further his demonic endeavours. In other words it's more provable that when Arkham learned how to progress his studies in the dark arts he already had a wife and child and he killed one and manipulated the other. I get where you got that from, we all assumed that Arkham persued Kalina Ann to use her blood but now that we know that it is, in fact, his blood that was special then that changes what very variable we assumed was the reason for him to wed her thus making that assumption false.

Also. Maybe he didn't find out but rather he always knew, things that were passed down from generation to generation.

Top Bottom