• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Knights contract

A.$h!nati

$mok!n $!ck $tyle!
I was wondering if someone else here played this game.
the game didn't get good ratings in the most of the gaming websites and everyone was just saying negative stuff about it.
you can say it's a review thread so . .
the graphics are really bad and at some placing there are a blurry messed up textures , for 2011 game it should be way better than this.
the combat system and the witchcraft idea makes the game fun to play but there are few stuff that would make it annoying , and sometimes it makes you wanna turn off the console take out the disk and smash it to million shards then blow 'em away.
the gameplay positives are :
you can use Gretchen's witchcraft while you are attacking the enemies with your scythe.
using finishers is the best thing in this game , each witchcraft has a finisher move you can use them in the middle of the combos.
Upgrading witchcrafts makes them powerful and fun to use as you progress.
Negatives are:
1-your scythe attacks become useless if you play on Knight difficulty or higher , which means if Gretchen is not with you then you are screwed.
2-Annoying lock on system , the lock on system should be smart and locks on the closer enemy or the enemy that in your sight , but it doesn't it just keeps locking on far enemies or even locking on the enemy that isn't in the screen , and if you kill someone you have to release LB then hold it again to lock on another enemy.
3-Bad camera angles , When you use finishers the camera starts to take stupid angles like under the floor! or behind a wall , and you can't see the finisher move unless you are playing in a big area.
4-Stupid Glitches like falling inside the flood or stucking inside a wall.
5-Falling from ledges , in hack n slash games there should be no falling off of ledges , I fell allot of stupid falls throughout the game like falling while fighting a boss and he punches me to the ledge.
6-QTE "Quick time events" are a little annoying , sometimes the buttons disappears quickly and if you miss a button you need to fight the boss again from the last life bar , and if you defeat him again and miss a button you will have to defeat him all over again . . and so on.

the story is not complicated , it's easy to go with , it's about a contract between an immortal executioner and a witch who came back to life after she got executed by the executioner a 100 years ago , she came back to defend the humans against her sisters , her sisters are a witches who got executed 100 years ago and they came back to life by a professor called Faust , he brought them back to help him find true immortality.
The contract says if the executioner helps the witch till the end she will break his immortality curse.

I give it : 6.5/10

The game concept is good , the gamelpay is fun but there are a few bugs in it , the character design is very nice but and graphics are very bad.
I played the game for 60 Hours to get 1000/1000 gamescore and i really enjoyed it but i don't think i'm gonna play it again

Top Bottom