• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Justice

punishment of a person who wronged one to demand justice

that is the definition of justice.

but what really is justice?
is it executing a criminal?
is it even tangible or is it a state of mind?
does it even exist?

i was watching a police show the other day, and at the end when they caught the killer and he is sentenced to life, the policeman says ' justice was served'
and i thought that is not justice, its making society safer, but not justice .

your thoughts?
ps this has nothing to do with sentencing, its about the concept of justice, if i hadnt made that clear

for me i will go with what big boss said in MGS;PO

The meaning of justice can change from one day to the next. A professional soldier never brings justice into the mission

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
NO, I think he has a good point... When is justice truly served? Only when everyone is happy with the outcome I am assuming...

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
True.

Justice is an uninanimous agreement between people we judge what is excepted in our society.

but it is hard to make everyone happy no matter what you did at least one person must give his objection

Bringerofchaos;99604 said:
I think your over thinking this.

if this was over thinking wait till you see my threads in the future

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
^ True... Like the person who is sentecnced to death... He knows that his death will not mean justice... As he still took someone's life... And that means that person will never come back, not even if the killer is killed...

LordOfDarkness;99611 said:
^ True... Like the person who is sentecnced to death... He knows that his death will not mean justice... As he still took someone's life... And that means that person will never come back, not even if the killer is killed...

your right and if he was kept alive to suffer he may take another life so in both ways justice won't be surved

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Interesting thread black monster... I guess, in the end, if one person remains unsatisfied by the outcome *which is almost everytime I assume* Then justice is never truly served at all... Just a vague perception that it has been...

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Great thread. I love a good heated-discussion topic! :D +rep black monster

Personally, I have my Christian opinion of justice and my pre-Christian, not quite so pleasant approach to justice...

By the way: I like the MGS quote - I remember that. ^_^

Top Bottom