• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Just When I Thought It Couldn't Get Any Worse...

Chimera Khaos

Hades Leading General Commander
And no, I'm not talking about how terrible the game is, this game is actually my favourite out of all of them so ha :p

What I mean is, just recently I got back into playing DMC2 and having to finish it all over again, due to my original file being on the lesser PS form. And having finished Normal with Dante and Lucia, then finishing Hard with both of them, and now attempting Must Die mode in which I know I'm going to have my rear end handed to me more than once when I get to those harder bosses *cough* Argosax *cough* I now found out there are 60 secret rooms?! And even better yet, the last mission supposedly is against not one but two Despair Embodied?! Are you nuts?! It's bad enough with just one!
Yeah yeah, I know some of you will be like: wow, it took you this long to figure out there were 60 rooms?
Besides the point, even though people would agree the game itself lacks potential to some people, I have to admit, I thought Must Die was the limit. For me, the game just gets more challenging the more I play it.

So yup, that's my two cents for ya, ja na!

Just as an add on, here's most of the rooms.
Though apparently it's stated, if you don't do the secret rooms in order for each mode, you can change the difficulty of the rooms by doing so. Such as, say you do the first ten rooms on normal, then you play the next five on hard, and ten on Must Die. You'd be at secret room 26 which if you had done them all in order, would be on hard at the moment. But since you haven't, you can easily jump back to normal mode and do the rooms you missed there. However order you do it, there's still 60 in total. But ultimately you can decide which rooms have a higher or lower difficulty.

((Unfortunately I couldn't find the first 20 :( ))

Rooms 21-40

Rooms 41-54

Rooms 55-60

Last edited:

Chimera Khaos

Hades Leading General Commander
Sigh...... and now I have a craving to go find my copy of DMC2 and hope my PS2 still works. Damn.

HD Collection dude, PS3 :p

this brings back memories i can remember doing the secret rooms back in the day also dmd on the hd collection seems way easier than the original i breezed through it

Really? I mean, I'm only on like the third mission on Must Die with Dante, but when I saw how Argosax continuously attacks you? And you say it's a breeze? Damn, I must be rusty.

InfernalOverkill

Mors Ante Infamiam

Really? I mean, I'm only on like the third mission on Must Die with Dante, but when I saw how Argosax continuously attacks you? And you say it's a breeze? Damn, I must be rusty.
I mostly play FPS games on the PC nowadays so I never bothered buying a PS3, although it was quite tempting to do so just for MGS.

http://devilmaycry.wikia.com/wiki/Devil_May_Cry_HD_Collection
The difficulty modes of the Devil May Cry port were also toned down slightly, with enemies dropping Green Orbs more frequently, and bosses having less health.

I assume they did that with DMC2 as well. Capcom has this annoying habit of lowering difficulty when they release newer versions of DMC; DMC3SE for example.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020

ta but i have hundreds of hours invested on the original i played through dmd numerous times so i had that knowledge coming in plus i am more skilled as a player in the 9 years since its release til the hd version plus i find on all modes its easier than tje original i am convinced the difficulty is lower on it but i may be imagining it to be honest deffo the easiest of the dmd modes though well to me anyway

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Plus all you gotta do with argosac is use the rocket launcher level 3 and sudeways cartwheel the whole time and use ebony and uvory with dt when you have a full dt bar also the heads next to the tendrils can be hacked at if you go right to the corner of them just jump when the tendril swings

Top Bottom