• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Just watched The Amazing Spider-Man

m100t8s

Truly amazing.
I didn't like it when I first heard about it and preferred the original movie series. But I was bored these couple days and decided to watch the movie. Enjoyed every.single.moment!
It has the best Peter Parker and the best Spider-Man imo, Such a good movie :).
The new Spider-Man has sense of humor unlike the old one.

Oh and the new suit looks so badass! Glad they changed it, The old one looked outdated imo.
The Amazing Spider-Man new suit:
NE1iwD9B9Jr141_1_2.jpg

The only thing I hated is the lack of fight scenes, It isn't better than Spider-Man 3 fight scenes at all , That's the only coin I see, I hope they have better fight scenes in The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

For anyone who didn't watch the movie or prefers the original movie series like me, Watch it! You'll change all your thoughts about it :D!

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
i liked it a lot, I just wanted it to focus more on the parents as the promos seemed to be hyping that aspect too much but they didn't really do much with it other than set it up for the next movie.

I just rather they skip the origin and just think we know it already and start fresh rather than re-thread worn-out ground.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
The Amazing Spider-Man was awesome and I'm a massive Spider-Man fan. Comics in general but Spider-Man is my favorite hero hands down. It seems to take influence from Ultimate Spider-Man which is also awesome. (Still on the fence with Miles Morales though) Andrew Garfield plays a better Peter Parker and I expected him to do a good job because he's a fellow Spidey freak. He's exactly what Spider-Man should be. Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy is also a lot better than Kirsten Dunst's MJ. Ugh. The entire cast was better than Raimi's version. (J.K. Simmons NEEDS to reprise J.J.J. though because he OWNED that role) Martin Sheen as Uncle Ben and Sally Field as Aunt May(yay). Of course you can't forget Denis Leary as Captain Stacy. It's the Spider-Man movie we should have gotten years ago. While Spider-Man 1 and 2 are good (Spider-Man 3 does not exist and I better stop talking about that movie now before I punch someone) Amazing is giving us the Spider-Man we should have gotten. I KNOW SPIDER-MAN and this is the movie as a Spidey freak I appreciate more.

The costume did look really sweet and I actually had an issue with the costume from Raimi's film. Mainly because it was too perfect I guess. You really get the sense Peter made his costume and just details like the web shooters which should have been in the previous films are awesome. It was my favorite superhero movie of the year and not just because I'm a massive Spidey fan. With Chronicle and Avengers coming in 2nd. (Dark Knight Rises was a let down, dafuq Nolan? It was good but not great. Really kind of f*cked over my favorite Batman villain next to Mr. Freeze Nolan and that ending.....are you kidding me?)

My biggest gripe with the movie has to be with how they handled The Lizard. Lizard is one of my favorite Spider-Man villains and comes in my top 5. He looked like the Goomba from the Super Mario Bros. movie and I felt that there could have been more done with him. I at least wanted to see him morph all way into the Lizard monster wearing that lab coat. Electro has been confirmed for the sequel played by Jamie Foxx which sounds awesome though. I also hope to see Spider-Man in the Avengers. MARVEL, SPIDER-MAN AND WOLVERINE FOR AVENGERS 2! YOU'D HAVE TO BE NUTS NOT TO DO THIS! Yea, Amazing Spider-Man is awesome.

There's still a lot things they dropped and need to explain

What happened to Norman Osbourne?
Why did Peter forget about his search for his parents
What happened to the guy who killed Uncle Ben? I guess he's still got the picture up in this room, but like why couldn't they be resolved?
Why did Peter go break a dieing captain Stacey's promise?
Uncle bens death wasn't as tragic as the original movies
And dr. Connors could have been more fleshed out, he didn't get much development.

Nitpicking aside I loved Spider man/Peter as a character it's how spider man should have been in the other 3 movies.
I can't wait to see what comes next. I hope mysterio is a villain in one of the Amazing Spider man movies.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
There's still a lot things they dropped and need to explain

What happened to Norman Osbourne?
Why did Peter forget about his search for his parents
What happened to the guy who killed Uncle Ben? I guess he's still got the picture up in this room, but like why couldn't they be resolved?
Why did Peter go break a dieing captain Stacey's promise?
Uncle bens death wasn't as tragic as the original movies
And dr. Connors could have been more fleshed out, he didn't get much development.

Nitpicking aside I loved Spider man/Peter as a character it's how spider man should have been in the other 3 movies.
I can't wait to see what comes next. I hope mysterio is a villain in one of the Amazing Spider man movies.
-Norman Osborn is dying. That we do know so he's not really relevant at this point. No word of having the goblins return so soon.
-Peter thinks his parents are dead. He knows nothing of a conspiracy that involves his parents. He has no clue Richard Parker is still alive (if they are going to follow the storyline with Richard Parker and Baron Mardo with the development of the symbiote suit to an extent)
-Peter never caught the guy who killed Uncle Ben because they are leaving stuff purposely out for sequels.
-Peter breaking his promise just goes to show Peter is his own man and it makes everything all the more real. I don't want the Spider-Man that follows the goodey two shoe teachings to the T. Peter is still a teenager and while he accepts the responsibility as Spider-Man he still is his own person which makes for a better character overall.
- Uncle Ben's death carried more weight than the original films because Martin Sheen did a better job than Uncle Ben in the previous films who the guy was just on screen for like what? 15 mins total? Only to give out some sage advice like Alfred in the dark knight trilogy every 5 minutes. Like he was just there to fill a purpose and wasn't a character himself, Martin Sheen Uncle Ben> Sam Raimi's Ben.
- Overall I think you need to understand that things were purposely left unresolved because The Amazing Spider-Man has sequels in the works and a Venom movie based on this take as well. (Good because they better fix Venom. You do NOT cast a 90 pound stoner kid as Eddie Brock. Raimi what the f*ck is wrong with you?) Spider-Man now needs to join the Marvel universe in the films. I better seem him ready to roll with Avengers in Amazing Spider-Man 2.

ZeroLove

Plus Emma Stone is WAY hotter than Kirsten Dunst! And Andrew Garfield is not just a better actor, but is also alot cuter. ;P
I liked this Spider-Man alot better than the original trilogy. It was alot more emotional and passionate, it felt more real.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Plus Emma Stone is WAY hotter than Kirsten Dunst! And Andrew Garfield is not just a better actor, but is also alot cuter. ;P
I liked this Spider-Man alot better than the original trilogy. It was alot more emotional and passionate, it felt more real.
Emma Stone is hotter than Kirsten Dunst. It's no contest. I always liked Gwen Stacy over MJ anyway and Emma Stone makes a good Gwen Stacy and again, a very sexy one.

ZeroLove

Emma Stone is hotter than Kirsten Dunst. It's no contest. I always liked Gwen Stacy over MJ anyway and Emma Stone makes a good Gwen Stacy and again, a very sexy one.

I just love her eyes. They are so big, beautiful and mesmerizing. Plus she is funny and sexy as hell.

Emma-Stone-emma-stone-11816059-767-1222.jpg

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
To be fair, Eddie Brock in Spidey 3 was casted to look more like the Eddie Brock in the ultimate Spidey comic rather than the traditional Eddie Brock.

I rather they keep Spidey focused on Spidey and focus more on the spidey villains and spidey supporting cast rather than focusing more on building ties to the larger MarvelU. I'm not normally against it but we only have a 2 hour movie so priorities have to be established.

Plus there is so much Spidey lore that you don't actually need to bring in outside stuff.

I'm not against Spidey in the avengers, I just feel they are better off trying to establish the lesser characters that were Avengers members first. Plus the avengers worked better when it focused on characters who dont have solo titles.

m100t8s

Do you guys think they'll kill Gwen in TASM2? Just like she died in the comics.
And how they will introduce MJ in TASM2 kinda confirms that they will get rid of Gwen in the sequel.
The thing I like about The Amazing Spider Man that it's so related to the comics.
Killing Gwen will make the movie even better than the original SM movies.

Also, I can't wait to see how they'll introduce Electro and Rhino. The guy who'll
play Electro's role said that Electro's costume will be different than the one
in the comics (The one in the comics looked pretty silly, No wonder they'll change it :))

m100t8s

My favorite soundtacks in TASM

Here's a video of all the deleted scenes from TASM. The movie would've been a lot better with these scenes, I don't know why would they remove them -_-. They showed Dr.Connors son, And Uncle Ben's death was a lot better than the one we got.

Top Bottom