• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Just lost 80+ hours of work on DmC - Help a brother out!

Infernyx

Just tried to load the game only to find, to my shock and horror, that my save file of 80+ hours of work is completely gone - all my save slots are empty

I had unlocked all the concept art and collectables, had high scores on the leaderboards for DMD mode that were in the top 10 (disregarding cheaters) and now it's all gone

Can someone give me their save file so I don't have to start all over again? As much as I love this game I can't bring myself to collect everything again as well as play on Nephilim mode with 0 skills unlocked

Help a brother out guys :(

aoshi

Okay, since this is in modding section, i thought you lost some mod files and was wondering how can anyone help you???:blink:

It's jus game data. I once accidentally overwrote vergil's save slot with dante's and was wondering wat the hell happened to my vergil's save in DMC3. And i played vergil's game all over again.

You have done it once. So doing it again should not be hard but you would be getting more scores than previous times.

My 2 cents.

Infernyx

It won't be hard, but I have spent over 80 hours perfecting my scores in DMD mode for leaderboards and I don't want to go through all the tedious work of unlocking DMD mode + getting all the collectables again just so I can have a competitive mission score - it will take at least 20 hours to get back to that point and that's not even counting all the times I will have to replay the missions just to get a high score

Oh and I forgot to add: save game files are location in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\98047880\220440\remote

There should be 3 files with _checkpnt, _info and _profile at the end of the names

Story

There you go, tough I have about 80 hours in them, 20 of that are mod testing/messing around, still, all upgrades unlocked, all modes completed, 2 rare conc art missing and a few Dante art maybe, hope it helps, tell me if there is anything wrong with them.

http://www.mediafire.com/?r06bga36lne33g7

Infernyx

It didn't seem to work - when I put the files in it just comes up with Corrupted Save in the main menu :(

Thanks so much anyway

I guess it's time to start all over again Q____Q

Bubbleberry

It didn't seem to work - when I put the files in it just comes up with Corrupted Save in the main menu :(

Thanks so much anyway

I guess it's time to start all over again Q____Q

As far as I know, steam save files are linked to the account they are made with.

ThirtyIR

ThirtyIR.com - Gaming on 3 30 Inch Monitors!
Yikes! That sucks! Backing up save games should become a habit. I've had this happen to me in Batman Arkham City; what a pain that was. Finally Rocksteady fixed that save-game issue with an update.

Mister Z

Changes avatars like they were t-shirts
Saddly, this is why I gave up in modding for DmC. First time I ever tried a mod I ended up losing my only save and the back-up I had didn't work as it also said it was corrupt.

Which is really a shame because modding was a major reason why I chose to buy the PC version over the PS3 one.

Top Bottom