• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Just Because Im Bored :p

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Okay so what if for the new DMC game..and here me out here..they brought back nero..now before you exit what if for this game they gave him a variety of weapons and different styles(much like dmc 3) and then throught the game his arms condition started to spread to the rest of his body through battles and such and then finally during a dramatic fight in the game he gained a full DT like dante and vergil and during this game a back story of him being cloned from the blood of dante and vergil by a secret organization who also worshiped sparda but were trying to make sure the world would always be protected by someone of sparda decent(them feeling unsure if dante could always handle it alone and learning that mundus and his forces were making a return to conquer the world)and a relative of eva being his mother and then him being left at the order of the swords doorstep(the organization not knowing they were demons) would anyone play that kind of game? I mean he gets a full DT the combat would be better his back story would kinda make sense i mean a relative or decendant of eva the blood of dante and vergil to create him..i mean i would play it

aoshi

Nice theory. Actually, when DMC 4 was announced with nero and his right arm, I did think possession in his arm would spread through the body.

IMO, Nero was more of a spin-off character and so were the events in fortuna. All that we know is Nero is somehow related to vergil. Yes, Sanctus does say "You have truly inherited the blood of sparda" or something in those lines. But he says "inherited" so he could mean vergil.He was introduced for casual play and to avoid DMC 4 getting too technical with dante. To this date, i hear people complain about complexity of dante in DMC 4. If we give nero ,style system and multiple on-the-fly weapon switching as dante, he would face more criticism of being a dante-clone. Which by the way annoys me. Saying Nero and Dante were the same is like saying Sylvester stallone and arnold schwarzenegar are the same.....lol. Actually ,DmC achieved this where dante does use DB mechanics with multiple weapon switching minus the styles.

Don't get me wrong. I would love to play another game with nero. But don't want dante's styles meshed with nero.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
I think this could work. I've been posting a similar idea in the thread Nero's Origins: What Do You Think?

Capcom can explain his origins by saying he was created from the blood of Dante and Vergil, or maybe that of Sparda. It would be the only way to make him make sense as a character, I think. Maybe Sanctus had a hand in it, since he seemed to know he was a descendant of Sparda (though it was pretty obvious because of his white hair and extraordinary strength). Or maybe Sparda had somebody keep his blood just in case he died.
Nero definitely needs something like that. I mean, Nero is red and blue, he has the Red Queen and the Blue Rose, Berial told him how much he was like Sparda, etc etc. He needs to be either a derivative of Sparda or of Dante and Vergil.

I'd play it, definitely. The question is: how will he get a full DT? He already got one in DMC4, though it was thanks to the Yamato sword. He would need to find his own weapon, like Dante and Vergil have the Rebellion and the Yamato. That only seems fair.

As for the gameplay, that's a wholly different matter. He shouldn't be a clone of Dante, and he doesn't really need styles, I'd say. I'd like him to use these weapons:
1. a sword and a shield
2. a spear (a trident, like the devil does sometimes?) Or a throwing spear?
3. dual katanas
4. Yamato
5. retractable axe? maybe?
6. scythe

And that's my thoughts, so far.
Hey, this thread needs more views! Show it to others :)

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
I think this could work. I've been posting a similar idea in the thread Nero's Origins: What Do You Think?

Capcom can explain his origins by saying he was created from the blood of Dante and Vergil, or maybe that of Sparda. It would be the only way to make him make sense as a character, I think. Maybe Sanctus had a hand in it, since he seemed to know he was a descendant of Sparda (though it was pretty obvious because of his white hair and extraordinary strength). Or maybe Sparda had somebody keep his blood just in case he died.
Nero definitely needs something like that. I mean, Nero is red and blue, he has the Red Queen and the Blue Rose, Berial told him how much he was like Sparda, etc etc. He needs to be either a derivative of Sparda or of Dante and Vergil.

I'd play it, definitely. The question is: how will he get a full DT? He already got one in DMC4, though it was thanks to the Yamato sword. He would need to find his own weapon, like Dante and Vergil have the Rebellion and the Yamato. That only seems fair.

As for the gameplay, that's a wholly different matter. He shouldn't be a clone of Dante, and he doesn't really need styles, I'd say. I'd like him to use these weapons:
1. a sword and a shield
2. a spear (a trident, like the devil does sometimes?) Or a throwing spear?
3. dual katanas
4. Yamato
5. retractable axe? maybe?
6. scythe

And that's my thoughts, so far.
Hey, this thread needs more views! Show it to others :)

if you like you can show it whoever my theory was an organizationt aking dante's and vergil's blood and then using a decendant of eva or relative as the mother to complete the chain of "relation to sparda" as for the full DT yes yamato gave him a partial dt but what im saying is the sword helps spread his arms "condition" to the rest of his body until he reaches his own unique dt much like dante's or vergil as for styles we could combine some maybe something like trickster gunslinger and swordmaster together into one with different combos to get into each or a button either or and as for weapons i love red queen and blue rose but i would say no to more id love if he used yamato as a main weapon as well either way i wanted to know how people felt about my idea for this kind of origin and game idea glad you two like it:)

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
All these ideas are great.

aoshi, I agree that Nero is more of a spin-off character than an actual main character. Because he isn't completely in leagues with Dante as far as abilities is concerned.

Lionheart, these are good ideas too. Yes, this thread needs tons of love! :D

MKH Spartan

I really hope if they do make a DMC5, that they don't drop Dante's complexity with his stances and such, that is much of what I enjoy about playing the character, even now I am still learning stuff with him, he just has that much to use.

I would certainly like to also see Nero's origins explored, particularly as to how he got his Devil Bringer and what his relationship is exactly to Vergil.

Then just give me Vergil as a playable character (I don't care how) and I won't have any reason to play another game for months after getting DMC5.

Top Bottom